What's the key to making a great steak au poivre?

What's the key to making a great steak au poivre?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FFhPOsC1eFI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Plenty of Cognac

Knorr Stock Pot

youtube.com/watch?v=FFhPOsC1eFI

I am genuinely confused if this is shilling or just one incredibly dedicated autist.

Its called a meme, user.

Poivre (pepper) and steak

it is shilling. a random knorr packet is mailed to that user each time he shills.

PAN

Leave out the nasty peppercorns.

>its a meme!

when did reddit invade Veeky Forums?
not everything is a meme, faggot.

>inb4 using defensive tactics like calling me a newfag for not understanding an "old meme"

A loaded pistol pressed to your temple. Squeeze the trigger (don't pull you'll just shoot out an eye then).

I know next to nothing about the topic but pepper is literally in the name, I feel like peppercorns would be a fairy integral part of the dish.

>fairy
That wasn't typo, your subconscious agrees with me that peppercorns are gay as fuck.

>The secret is not catching your house on fire.

If you don't have fond built up in your pan after cooking the steak, you won't make a good sauce. Stainless steel or carbon steel is an absolute must.

Any recommendations on brand?

Please don't use anything absurdly expensive. Regular Hennessy is fine.

Get your hands on some Kampot pepper as well.

Get nice cut of steaks, any well-marbled tier will work but filet medallions are the nicest for me, personal preference.

Season them well with kosher salt, press into the raw steaks.

Tenderize the meat, beit with mallet or hands if delicate.

Press fresh green peppercorns into the steaks.

Pan, NICE AND HOT!

Sear your steaks until desired doneness, remove steaks to rest, reserve pan drippings to make your sauce, always finish with butter for a nice silk finish, straining the leftover peppercorns is optional.

T. Guy who bet money on an actual cooking education.

>Pan, NICE AND HOT!

C-Chef Ramsay?

My favorite part of these videos is that you can see him die a little each time he uses a cube, but then a split second later, remembers how much money he is making for shilling this garbage

>im completely new!