Bookshelf thread

R8, h8, b8, love, hate, compliment, whatever. Post your shelves.

Other urls found in this thread:

9gag.com/gag/ao2x2Em
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I seriously hope this picture is bait

feels like 12 years old

Most of my books are in the guest room bookshelf at my parent's house but this is what I managed to take with me when I moved. More of my art books, edgy political books, WWII books and all my comics are back home.

For once I'd love it if someone would grow a pair and create a Best Of for JUST Science Fiction. It's its own genre and should not be combined with fantasy.

Reposting from last thread since no one commented and i need the validation.

You have pretty epic taste, my good sir.

Not all books, several- including Gardiner's Egyptian Grammar, Dune, Nausicaä, Catullus, Nietzsche and Stirner- are at college.

How are these ordered?

Loosely; by theme/provenance/genre.

(the unmarked book in there is an Italian grammar from my grandfather's college days)

Philosophy books by rough chronology, European novels by a mix of alphabetic and east-west, everything else by chronology, alphabet, and/or size.

Ok. I was just wondering because I am used to sorting by alphabetical order of authors. Really cool taste by the way.

Thanks. I know where everything is so I can prioritize æsthetics (as much as one can with a bunch of oddly-sized, weirdly colored paperbacks)

(using the histories for a term paper I should have started)

Publication page of the Æschylus.

No, that was the interior. This is the publication.
Finivi.

At this point I need to stop buying books and instead read them.

Thank you my friend.

embarassed to post mine because its full of CRAP

Then remove it from the shelf.

Just post it you pussy. It's anonymous.

Have you read anatomy of melancholy? If so what can you tell us about it? Did you like it? Would you recommend it?

That just makes the comments all the more biting because you guys don't get any points for insulting me, you're doing it just because you know how terrible I am.

Fuck, that's cool.

Cool

Don't be afraid, user.

>Snowy and cold day
>Hear footsteps outside
>Hear the rumbling of the mailbox
>Go outside in the snow in my pyjamas
>It's my copy of Meditations On The Peaks
>Stand there for a few sec

Is there a better feel than picking up new books from your mailbox?

>Xerxes: Heu, heu, heu

noice tolkien and pkd m8

This is my shelf at school right now, not pictured are Vertigo and Rings of Saturn by Sebald, Hunger by Knut Hamsun, Satantango by Krasznahorkai, and Augustus and Butchers Crossing by Williams

A nice mix you've got there.

forgot to mention, the shelf is alphatized, and everything from Conrad on I've read already

It has been a while, friends.

This picture was taken exactly one year ago. Obviously, there've been changes but I'm in the process of moving so wanted to send this as what may be a last hurrah for the old bookshelf.

1/2

2/2

>tfw promised myself not to buy any more books until after I move
>new books come out next week that I really want
I HATE NOT HAVING A BOOKSHELF!

That's a damn nice collection there friend

Comfy as fuck

kek

question for stemlords and logisticians:

can you fit more books on a bookshelf vertically or stacked horizontally or is it the same amount of space taken up regardless

That new Storm of Steel cover looks so gay

Depends on the proportions of the books and how high your stacks are (and so how high your actual shelves are).

For example, have you seen or held a Loeb book? I have enough of them that I try to economize shelf usage. Their height/width are uniform, and their thickness is usually very similar between volumes, so I know that usually a vertical stack of 7+ volumes uses less shelf space than if they were ordered horizontally. Books that are taller will obviously use more shelf space when placed on their sides.

Also vertical stacks are annoying to retrieve books from. I only vertically stack multi-volume sets.

Please rearrange by heigth and repost friendo.

No thank you. I will stick to alpha once i get a new shelf.

Are you going to organize the same way when you're done moving?

Have you cracked that David Crystal book? I really enjoy his approachable English language history dissemination and I've been looking to get into some of his other work.

9gag.com/gag/ao2x2Em

It's the same old question: why do people here feel like they have to show off their collections, if they hardly have any books at home? Makes you look like fools and you don't even realize.

dumping

Do you have autism? People don't always keep all the books they've read. I know that unless I really enjoyed a book and see myself rereading/referencing it later on, I will donate it to a used bookstore.

People just want to show off their interests and perhaps their reading tastes.

SKU is awesome

I think I can tell a lot about somebody by the books they own. That's why I enjoy these threads.

I bought it 2 years ago for $3 in the bookstore near my house because it looked really cool, but I've been too busy reading fiction to crack it so far. I'm probably gonna start it next month when I get back to school