Why the fuck did these god damn southerners tell me this shit is their equivalent of In-n-Out, Five Guys or Shake Shack?

Why the fuck did these god damn southerners tell me this shit is their equivalent of In-n-Out, Five Guys or Shake Shack?

There is nothing special about this Whataburger shit at all. It's not even as good as Wendy's.

Aren't southerners supposed to have better food than us yankees? They're supposed to have more authentic cuisine and shit.

Whataburger is shit. I've never had In-n-Out, either. I wonder if it's overhyped like this. I'm going to LA in a couple weeks so I guess I'll find out. Five Guys and Shake Shack are fucking awesome. Whataburger is shite.

Native Texan, allow me to explain.

Whataburger is basically the equivalent of Shiner beer.

It's in some grey area between being mass-market shit and a smaller, cottage industry product.

I've got at least three other burger places that are MUCH better than Whataburger, however, they aren't open 24 hours a day, nor are they either priced accordingly or accessible through a drive through.

I find it much better than Wendy's, both in terms of quality and quantity, but I really dislike Wendy's, both their burgers and fries. From a more objective view, they're maybe just a step or two above Wendy's, but not by much.

It's definitely a solid burger and it grows on you over time. Their other stuff, from chicken to shakes, is top notch for a fast food place, nearly incomparable.

It does suffer from overhyping because Texans are the loudest braggarts you'll ever meet. How can you tell if someone is from Texas? Don't worry, they'll tell you.

In-N-Out is far more overhyped. Five Guys is too expensive for what you get, though their fries are much better. Haven't had Shake Shack.

That said, there aren't many things I'd rather have than a No.2 with cheese, fries and a Dr. Pepper.

Also, Whataburger's breakfast is 11/10 and available from 11am-11pm - find me one place that has something half as good as the honeybutter chicken biscuit.

>It's definitely a solid burger and it grows on you over time. Their other stuff, from chicken to shakes, is top notch for a fast food place, nearly incomparable.

I've Never had whataburger so I can't comment but five guys is AVERAGE at best.
Seriously, It's no better then McDonald's flavor wise and price wise?
Fuck Five Fags

In-and-out is good, but not great

Best burgers I've ever had are at a place called Huddy's in couer d'elane

Unfortunately that's the only place there is one.

If I get fast food burgers at a chain I'll honestly probably just go for a buttery jack

OP here I love Jack in the Box too, especially the bacon and swiss one but you probably just went to a shitty Five Guys, it's the best dude

its as overrated as chick fila

>another which fast food place is better thread

They vary widely by location, shift, etc but it's overall very subjective and who the fuck gives a shit what cheap shit you think is better.

Fuck off.

You seem upset.

is chickfila even rated highly enough to be "overrated"

It is like most fast food places in that the quality varies massively depending on individual location, shift, etc etc etc.

I live in Houston, and over the past ten years have found 1 Whataburger that was AMAZING and should set the bar for all of them (Jones Road) one that is decent enough that you don't feel like you've wasted money (El Dorado Blvd) and 30 something other locations which have incredibly slow service, amazingly shitty food, and a certain "clientele".

No local burger place is as good as locals say, they're still fucking fast food burgers. No one is reinventing the wheel.

I've been trying to dispelthis myth from behind enemy lines, but get shouted down by my fellow Texans.

I don't know about that, Shake Shack exceeded my expectations, both the shake and the shack

Tell me more about the shack.

Those God damned Southerners equivalent of Five Guys is Five Guys autismo.

Stay cucked snowback.

>No Braum's
DROPPED

my negro

Braum's is local

Culvers is easily the best regional chain

I never knew how much I loved Braums until I moved away from the south

>Five Guys is too expensive for what you get, though their fries are much better.

Everytime I've eaten there the fries are burnt and no matter how much seasoning is on them they still lack flavor.

> (OP)
>I've Never had whataburger so I can't comment but five guys is AVERAGE at best.
>Seriously, It's no better then McDonald's flavor wise
Lol what? Last time I had McDonald's it was like someone formed cat food into a burger patty and the bun was the cheapest white bread ever. Five Guys is expensive but at least it tastes like real food and they have way more toppings available.

Texas isn't the South you retard and neither is Whataburger, its southwestern trash

For me, it's the Whatachicken, the best fast food sandwich.

then why do you talk like southerners?

Texas is part of the South, you're probably referring to the Deep South which sometimes excludes Texas. Or you're just a retard.

Southerner here. OP is right. I have never understood the craze for Whataburger. They're burgers are meh tier, kind of like Sonic, although there is a certain aspect that will leave you craving it once in a while. Their chicken is meh, the fries meh, and the shakes meh. If someone could explain it to me I'd be grateful.

you are a faggot.
Whataburger is overrated, but you cite 5 guys as being good? So you enjoy paying 9 dollars for a cheeseburger? Did they at least put lube on that dick before they rammed it in your asshole?
>he doesnt even know Steak N Shake is the best
you should strongly consider suicide.

Bad map, the pinks look the same, Carl's and Hardee's are the same put a slash label one area

According to the map YOU posted, most of the south is "Krystal" territory. Five Guys is the pinker color in New England. Which one of us is autistic again?

For me it's the buffalo buttermilk ranch chicken strip sandwich

t. guy who's never left wisconsin

>Texas isn't the South you retard

I've never been to the redneck chains like Whatburger and Krystal, but I've been to most of the others and Culvers is legitimately one of if not the best of them. Fried cheese curds and custard and butter on the burgers, the others can't match that

OP here, the Whataburger I went to was in Alabama. Which region of the United States is that in?

Nope, not trolling. Sorry to burst your bubble, but your taste buds are shit tier.

Don't forget Missouri, they are mostly southerners too besides St Louis

>you should strongly consider suicide

This board might actually be more autistic than /tv/ or /r9k/. At no point did I say anything about the respective prices of these items. And I don't know about it being the best, as you say, but I love Stake n Shake.

>Culvers is easily the best regional chain

>Culvers is legitimately one of if not the best of them

lel. You can get "butter on the burgers" at Jack in the Box and Steak n Shake and both of those places are way better, most places are better than Culver's. I live literally across the street from one and I never eat there.

>as defined by the United States Census Bureau[1]

nah, culvers is better. you know a chain is shit if they use soft serve for their ice cream or shakes instead of custard or real ice cream

>muh special fast food

what a cancerous faggot you are

I watched some buzzfeed video about whataburger and I saw some honey butter chicken type stuff that looked pretty fucking great actually.

>some hippy faggot transplant in austin claims texas isn't southern for the millionth time

I tried Whataburger for the very first time the other week and wasn't very impressed. The burger was fucking huge, but I don't want a huge ass burger. Other than the size of the burger the flavor was meh. I prefer something like culvers or freddy's steakburgers in that price range.

Goddamnit, so MS doesn't even warrant a Whataburger, but AL does? We don't have any here, you fuckers. We're as white trash as TX and AL, c'mon franchisees!

Whats this map even based on? It seems generally ok, but it colors the county I grew up in and a coupe surrounding ones as Checkers even though there are literally none of them here

whataburger is fucking garbage dude, i'm sure you at least have hardees or something, which is actually better

found an assblasted nu-male coastie cuck

One less phagot in the drive-thru of eternity

That fucking honey chicken biscuit is gods gift to the world especially at 3am.

I've never heard anyone here in california hype up in n out. Shut the fuck up about it already.

You'd obviously be disappointed.

This is an excellent explanation. As a displaced Texan, whenever I visit home (I drive, usually), I will stop at the first Whataburger I see, (no matter what time of night or day it is) every time, and order this: A Whataburger with jalapenos and cheese, a Whataburger Jr., and a large Dr. Pepper. I never drink soda, I'm a tea and water person, but Dr. Pepper goes so well with Whataburger, I have to have it.

>No culvers in NC or SC
There is one right on the state border near Carrowinds it took me forever to find a fucking culvers

>i can't cook my own burger

every five guys ive ever went to was shit and I've been in multiple states

This? this is the shit

>I've been in multiple states

Get a load of Mr. Cosmopolitan, here!