Decide to cook for the family for the next day

>decide to cook for the family for the next day
>while cooking everyone's saying how good it smells and that they can't wait to try it
>taste it
>it's fucking delicious
>next day
>wake up late
>no one's around
>decide to eat alone
>6 hours later
>go back to the kitchen
>see that no one ate what I cooked but instead ate something else
I feel betrayed.

What did you make?

What did you cook user?

Chili, they never tried it and seemed enthusiastic about it.

I would've ate your food user..

>decide to eat alone
You're clearly autistic. I assume you were messing around with a playdoh food set, and your family was praising you for engaging in an activity.

>people are dishonest assholes
welcome to life

I had decided to eat alone because they weren't coming. It also isn't the first thing I cook for them so I thought they were actually interested in it. Looks like I was wrong.
[spoiler] Also I feel exactly like that. [/spoiler]
Ah whatever, made some good chili and ate it, fuck them.

my family's just as bad from a different angle. I'm a caretaker for my grandma (always been a complete asshole) and my dad (who honestly loves processed garbage food) so I cook for them all the time. Occasionally I'll get excited to cook something, I'll try it, and it's fucking perfect and exactly what I wanted, and my grandma will be an asshole under the guise of being 'honest' and give some factually wrong critique of it to fuck with me, like it didn't have enough salt or 'I wished I had something else with it, you know? like a salad,' etc. Basically nothing's ever good enough for her. And with my dad, since he has generally shitty taste in food and would prefer a frozen burrito over a really good homemade fresh burrito, will just not really finish it and tell me it was good.

>inb4 maybe ur food just sucks

Old people always think they know better, they will complain you are seasoning your food too much while cooking but they will still as a shitload of salt to their meal.

that's true but she's a special kind of old person. she's a textbook sociopath so actually living with her is a nightmare. she tries to pin family members on each other all the time, she's manipulative, etc.

she's one of those people you'd like a lot at first, and then over time you'd start noticing more and more fucked up shit about her and then you'd be trying to figure out a way to get her out of your life. my dad's the best though.

As an anecdote, allow me to present the following actual true exchange between me and my shitheaded gramma:

>cooking for grandparents, looking through freezer
>see bag of carrots
>whynot.jpg
>take bag out of freezer, all carrots shriveled and black
>nope
>go to throw carrots away, gramma snatches them outta my hand
>me: "i gotta throw those out: they're rotten"
>gma: "carrots don't rot! you kids these days are so wasteful!"

Yes, this moron (who went to college for, basically, Good Housewifing (the 50s were a different time)) actually said to me that carrots. don't. rot. I have never lost so much respect for someone's supposed "ability" to do something so quickly.

My family's just as bad if not worse, OP.
Luckily, I live about 500 miles away from them now, but when we all lived in the same city, they were total shits about my cooking. I'm not exaggerating here, but I'm the best cook in the family. I've won awards and competitions, I've written magazine articles about food, I've worked extensively in restaurant kitchens, I've apprenticed to chefs, I've done pretty much everything in a restaurant, all way from being a dishwasher when I was 14 to head chef at age 29.
AND YET, every time we have a family meal, my family will ONLY let me make salad and dessert, and set the damn table. I'm always the one who has to set the fucking table. I'm an accomplished adult, and they still make me set the damn table instead of making my siblings' kids do it. It's a total act of hostility and degradation. And, I'm not an asshole about it, I don't act uppity, I don't tell them how I think they should cook something, and I NEVER criticize their cooking, because I'm actually a nice person and I treat others the way I'd like to be treated. I don't know what the fucking problem is, and I'm just glad I only have to spend a few holidays with them during the year. Even though I love my family, they're real shits.

>textbook sociopath
Retards like you need to stop throwing around terms you don't understand. Do you know how many people have called me a psychopath just because I'm an asshole? They're completely different things.

You mean, just like "sociopath" and "psychopath" are two different things?

A "sociopath" is just someone who is consciously, actively manipulative: that's pretty much all it takes to be a "sociopath." Educate yourself before speaking, child.

t. certifiable psychopath

yeah my grandma does shit like this too. she won't let me throw fuck-all away. luckily she's in her bedroom most of the day so I just wait til she's in there and toss all the expired shit out.

yeah shut up. you have no idea whether or not I've researched what it means or does not mean to be a sociopath and you have no idea who she is either.

Do you have poor hygiene?

They're not different things. Neither term has any official definition because they're not proper diagnoses anymore, and everybody seems to have their own weird definition of the distinction between sociopath and psychopath.

I in fact know you haven't researched it, because someone who knew what they were talking about would never use the term sociopath. The correct term is antisocial personality disorder. Also judging from your description she's not even close to what you call a sociopath. You are an idiot.

>everybody seems to have their own weird definition of the distinction between sociopath and psychopath.

I always just thought of a psychopath as a sociopath with an inclination for violence, so you're probably right.

Thank you. There's always one or two people to educate the Hannibalfags when these conversations come up.

They said people, not just women

>The correct term is antisocial personality disorder

the terms are literally interchangeable and professionals only favor the one because it's more descriptive and precise. I hate these fucking arguments because psychology is so flip-floppy and always definitions are always changing, so anyone that has gone to school for it and has quit studying is dead-set on what they learned previously and completely unwilling to hear anything else. and you are right, actually. calling her a sociopath just seems more brutal and I can't fucking stand the bitch so I use the most demonizing buzzword I can think of. she is much closer to some kind of narcissism. but she does have anti-social traits. she is a compulsive liar and will tell you the earth is a cube, she's the most irresponsible person I know and expects everyone to take care of her because she believes she's entitled to it, and she lies and manipulates people not for material things, (although she has in the past) but usually she relishes in greatly upsetting anyone she's mad at.

Have you ever asked them to cook something or are you just a raging autist? If you have then feels bad man most people in my family recognize that I'm the best cook and ask me to cook stuff all the time.

Sounds like she's just a lonely old wench who's bitter about growing old and useless and the fact none of her relatives pay any attention to her.

>she's just a lonely old wench
she is

>who's bitter
she is

>the fact none of her relatives pay any attention to her.
there's a reason for that. and that's partially untrue anyway, as she's always (since her late teens from what I've been told) manipulated and played games with people to force attention on herself. being old now is just a perfect and effortless way to get it. no one wants to be responsible for her death, obviously.

Maybe they just think "user has to cook in his job all the time, he shouldn't have to at least in his holidays"?

Got a call from my grandma saying "help sick" so I rushed over to see what was up and she was just throwing up and said she had eaten some cereal, used 2 week bad milk instead of the 2 new gallons, made me take her to the ER in her car and wouldn't let me drive her car off so I was stuck. 10 hours later talking to the nurse who says all her blood work is fine and they can't figure out why she is throwing up and fells horrible.... she hadn't told them about the milk and refused to admit it was bad milk since "milk doesn't go bad that fast". The milk was almost cottage cheese thick and was was just horrible. There is a jar of black ragu she insists is still good, date on it is 1999 and the last time she cooked and I ate some I couldn't stop shitting for like 3 days.

>everything I don't like is autism

Neato.

>1999
блять

cyka, when her husband died and everyone came down for the funeral she yelled at my uncle because he looked in one of the 3 fridges and tried to make some space by getting rid of just things of old shit in bags. We got her drunk then the whole family cleared out 2 fridges and freezers before she woke up and literally started hitting us away. Frozen bread, frozen pasta random meats frozen cooked peas. I'm stopping by there today to make sure shes not dead and I'll try and take a pic of the one freezer we couldn't clean. Old people need to learn to throw shit out.