What can I add to make Hamburger Helper taste better

what can I add to make Hamburger Helper taste better

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bhvj2ps-jMk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Real food.

Cheese. Or sour cream, depending on which helper meal it is. rotel, or fresh jalepenos, or even fresh diced onions can add some zest.

Also, they give you suggestions of what to add on the back of the box.

Your think spices.
Something pepper like. Stronger than pepper but still keeps the cheesey beef.

i never read anyhthing on the box

not buy it

Try browning some ground beef and adding it to your mixture :)

A recipe.

ebin

>Hamburger Helper

Just make your own, shits super salty. It's more or less three ingredients.

Rather than a box of HH, why not make something else out of the mince?
Today, for example, I made qeema, which is a curry than can be described as "Indian sloppy joes." It's usually eaten with bread but I was just not in the mood to make any, so I cooked up some rice for myself and the ffam to eat.

The price of the beef notwithstanding, the curry cost me $3.01 worth of ingredients to make 6 huge servings. By contrast, HH considers 33g to be a single serving so one box is meant to actually be 6 servings (kek). It's more like 2 servings, really. The price of the 3 boxes of HH to cook up 6, adult-sized portions of food is the same as the price of making qeema from scratch. And the best part? Qeema doesn't take much longer than HH to whip up. Took me about 20 minutes to cook it today.

If you absolutely must use the stuff, try adding some veg to it to lessen its extreme saltiness. Going with the qeema theme, peas would probably be a welcome addition to any variety of the stuff.

>Peas

Strike that. Just looked it up and Hamburger Helper is $2.49 when it's not on sale. Yeah... fuck that noise. It's way cheaper to make qeema or cobble together some other dish based on ground beef.

Peas are the shiznizzle, nigga. They're fucking great, but if you don't like'em, try broccoli florets instead. Though I don't think brocc works well in tomato-based dishes. You might like it in there, though.

Make your own.

>Boil noodles
>Brown ground beef, drain most, but not all of the fat
>Add a little flour and cook for a couple minutes
>Pour some milk in, cook until it thickens
>Add cheese, stir until melted
>Add some seasonings
>Add cooked noodles

There, you have non-shitty Hamburger Helper.

that cheese powder that comes with HH is lit though

JHow the fuck am I going to copy that?

Why do you people have to be so pretentious?

tapatio

And what,exactly, is user pretending to be, otherAnon? I don't see how describing a meal, saying it's cheaper than Hamburger Helper and about as easy to make is pretentious. Maybe you shouldn't use words if you don't know what they mean. This is called 'condescension.' it means I'm talking down to you.

Try adding a cup of salt to the mixture if you want it to taste more like Hamburger Helper

M&Ms
diced hotdogs
raisins
salted cracked pistachios

You people are such fucking pansies, HH is not that salty.

Tell me this is fake.

>what can I add to make Hamburger Helper taste better
I agree that the best thing you can do is not buy it, but I realize there's a lazy man's way to cook in a single skillet. There are recipes for that instead, though. For every Hamburger Helper flavor, there's an actual dish you could do from scratch that's not more than 1 extra step (draining pasta water). I suggest for supereasy quick night dinners where you brown ground beef, the better option is to make double the batch, and freeze half for a second night when you want it again. Then you have nights where you do nothing but oven bake or microwave your leftovers, and heat some garlic bread.

Learn a couple one skillet meals, or sheet tray dinners, or rice dinners are all quick prep, cook in the same dish kind of ideas. Once you have a rotation of a few quick but simmery dinners, you'll make them over and over and want the salt mixes to stop. I like chicken paprikash simmered in sour cream, with buttered egg noodles, side of steamed peas. I like pork chops simmered with onions and drained sauerkraut served with potato. Chili or picadillo and rice. Breaded cubed steak cooked like chicken fried steak with a good amount of pepper, pan gravy, simple smashed sweet potato, maybe some sauteed kale or collards added to the pan at the end..

Dairy like sour cream, cooking with milk vs water, layering on some shredded cheese or parm crust might make a HH meal better. A coating of buttered bread crumbs, crushed crackers, or cheese and passing under the broiler could give it some crusty top and texture that way. Anything asian-y, then don't forget you can add some crunchy almonds on top, chopped cilantro or basil or some crunchy rice or egg noodles from the can.

Of course you wouldn't think so if you shovel 5 boxes of hamburger helper into your face every day. One single box contains 2700mg of sodium.

It's not fake.

Hamburger Helper Helper

>By contrast, HH considers 33g to be a single serving so one box is meant to actually be 6 servings (kek). It's more like 2 servings, really.

It's not supposed to be an entire meal. You're supposed to eat sides with it, like, you know, vegetables.

The 1970's called. They miss you. Please take the next train to Mayberry and say, "Hi," to Columbo, McCloud and Cannon.

Semen

Do you really think any of the fat fucks that eat this shit unironically eat it with vegetables?

SOME JEWS MUCHACHOS

Hamburger.

Because they're European.

Crusty bread. Hamburger Helper is just so soft I can't eat it on its own. Have to have a side salad or some crusty bread along side it or it grosses me out.

hamburger

Louisiana hot sauce.

>Two different types of noodles

Oh yes, so this is what it feels like to be triggered.

recipe faggot. I'm poor as fuck but have mountains of frozen mince in the freezer (home kill cow from my flatmates mum)

Food.

>2017 calling minced/ground beef "hamburger"

i ate those food

To be clearer, the post did say "$3.01 /worth of ingredients/" IE if you don't have them on hand already, you're going to need to spend a bit more than that to buy what you need for qeema. The plus side is that you can use the leftover ingredients, like garlic, ginger, frozen peas, potatoes etc in other dishes since they generally keep pretty well.

Butter, 4tbsp
>or veg oil if you want to cheap out, though butter is better
Onion, chopped, 1 average-sized
Garlic, minced, 1-2 cloves
Ginger, young, peeled and matchsticked, a thumb's length
>i buy pic related because I can't find young ginger easily and can't grow things for shit. costs $1.89 from the supermarket and has about 30 servings of ginger per jar. best of all, because it's brined, the ginger doesn't rot or dry out easily.
Chilli, chopped/minced, if/as desired
Tomato, chopped/diced, a 400g/14oz can, drained (juice reserved)
>perhaps one of those tins of chopped tomato/chilli americans use can sub in here, but I've never used one
Salt, as needed
Water, as needed
Mince, 450g/1lb
Curry powder, 6tbsp (or more, to taste)
Beef stock cube, enough for two cups
>or good beef stock, 2 cusPotatoes, peeled and cubed, 400g/14oz (almost 1lb)
Peas, frozen, 200g/7oz (scant half of a 1lb bag)
Rice or flatbread, to serve

Place butter, onion, garlic, ginger chilli and tomato into a pan, salt generously and set to high heat.
When butter is melted and everything is fragrant, sauté a bit.
When garlic starts to brown, add the reserved tomato juice + enough water to barely cover the pan ingredients.
Cook, allowing the liquid to evaporate out then top off with water again.
Cook, allowing the liquid to evaporate out then top off with water again.
Add the beef and crumble cook.
Make a well in the middle and add the curry powder and stock cube, add water to cover the beef mixture, then stir everything through, dissolving the cube.
>or just use good beef stock
When liquids begin to boil, add the potatoes.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, then stir in the peas.
When the peas have thawed and cooked through, lid the pot and off the heat while you cook/reheat rice.
>if you want my tawa naan recipe, ask and ye shall receive. it's good, but takes an hour for the dough to rise
It's also nice as a filling for samosas. Just omit the potatoes during the cooking then boil potatoes separately, mash them, and mix in the qeema.

Almost anything, I would imagine.

msg

I'd rather chat up Chrissy and Janet, while Jack plays footsie with Mr. Furley.

Why is it called Hamburger Helper when it makes pasta

> "Gourmet!"

Because it helps the hamburger

Mix Mac n cheese with meat instead. Taste much better.

Or fry meat, add milk
,water and salt pepper, pasta and a can of condensed soup. There's cream of hicken, cream of mushromm, cheddar.

You could just boil pasta, add meat and canned soup with a slash of milk. Done but the other way is more like HH

The pasta in HH and seasoning has changed over the years so its nasty now. I prefer these methods to make a quick easy meal.

try replacing the noodles with pasta, so they aren't soft as shit

also replace the sauce packet with real cheese and tomato

mother of god

>Guy asks how to improve hamburger helper, clearly implying he has to cook in a hurry
>People saying "Well why dont you just cook a regular meal for 3 hours?!"

nigga add potatoes

What the fuck is hamburguer helper?

>Hamburger Helper is a packaged food product from General Mills and is sold as a part of the Betty Crocker brand. It consists of boxed pasta bundled with packets of powdered sauce and seasonings.
Isn't even for hamburger, it is pasta ? American education I guess

I love hamburger helper, but i hate meat. Yuck, disgusting, uegh, who can stand that stuff. So, i have come up with a method for making hamburger helper without the hamburger, and it's really good.
Here is how i do it youtube.com/watch?v=Bhvj2ps-jMk

There are plenty of ground beef dishes you can make from scratch more quickly than hamburger helper.

Don't criticize America education if you write posts that give away evidence that English isn't your first language.

Stick to your own Chans for whatever shithole third world country you live in.

>I love hamburger helper

How does that happen to someone? I too grew up in a family where the mom was fooled into feeding it to us once or twice a week and it was just vile.

>eaten with bread but I was just not in the mood to make any
I have heard you can buy bread nowadays--already baked and ready to eat. Some of it is sliced already. Cannot confirm

/gif

Different kind of bread. Qeema is eaten with roti, naan, tabuun, paratha, chapati or other, similar flatbreads or crepes. Not pita, though. That shit's dryer than a geriatric cunt.

30 minutes != 3 hours, user. Don't be a cunt.

Just watch this instructional guide
youtube.com/watch?v=Bhvj2ps-jMk

2 1/2 inch 00 buckshot, fired directly into your mouth using a shotgun of your choosing.

I start with onions and garlic, maybe some turmeric or diced jalapenos. Sometimes I'll ad a bag of frozen mixed vegetables, or use steamed rice instead of the pasta.

Replace hamburger with venison.

Best answer

dubs proves it

>Great Britain
Geez grandma, didn't realise you still menstruate