Cutting Gloves

amazon.com/dp/B00MXUHHGK
Dear Veeky Forums do these things work? I'm tired of slicing off fingernails and invariably getting nicks whenever I go to prep Holy Trinity or some such.

Poor motor skills are a clinical sign of assburgers. Perhaps you should have less assburgers instead?

They work. I used to make fruit salads and veggie platters for a big grocery store and was required to wear one.

>wearing gloves to chop food
Get better knife skills.

>#OSHA

I'm posting on Veeky Forums on a Saturday night, it's already too late for me.

Thanks.

You're supposed to curl your fingertips

Yeah this.

Those gloves work pretty well though. If you are not comfortable using a knife it is worth it.

I was given one for christmas last year. They work but you really shouldn't need them for anything if you're good with a knife. I guess they'd be nice to have if you're paranoid of cutting yourself on a mandoline or something.

I pretty much only use mine to hold toasted bagels while I spread stuff on them. Fucking bagels stay hot as shit for a while after being toasted.

>prep Holy Trinity
Just pray about it, christfag.
I'm sure it will work to protect you.

Besides OSHA, there has been a growing concern in the industry over work related incidents such as knife cuts so cut gloves are becoming more prevalent, and a lot of big corporate companies pretty much require you wear one these days. I personally love No Cry. They're pretty cheap for a pair, comfortable, and keep your manager off your ass.

The gloves work but they're more for breaking down meat product...quartering, filleting large fish etc..You lose dexterity when doing fine chop work

>I'm tired of slicing off fingernails

What the hell are you doing?

Yep, this is how you do it plus you always sharpen the knife before cutting every single day it's the dull knives that are cutting people's hands as they can glance off the food and slice you

Why did you make a thread to ask if you should buy something and then tell everyone who says no to fuck off? Just buy them if you clearly want them.

I'm supposed to use one of these at work but I never do lmao. They're less dextrous and slow me down

if your knives are sharp and your aim is true you have nothing to worry about

>Be young, novice cook
>Constantly nick my fingers
>Chef made me wear cutting gloves
They work, famalam. Wouldn't have all my fingers today without them.

except when after hours of cutting your thumb comes out a little to far and your perfectly sharpened knife slices it right off.

THIS XDDDD

Fuck off retard.

>posts correct information about using knives
>calls him a retard
Someone is mad they can't use knives properly.

Those gloves are only nice when using a mandolin, other than that you really should practice cutting. Sharpen your knife and cut celery every day for 2 weeks and focus on speed and having consistent size of your pieces.

Holy shit guys pack it up. Mr. Expert is here to spout inane bullshit that everyone already knows.

>Mr. Expert is here to spout inane bullshit that everyone already knows.

Seemingly OP didn't know since he needs gloves for protecting his fingers

*mandoline
A mandolin is a musical instrument you fucking retard.

I prefer the metal chainmail looking ones, but I only bother with one when cutting large quantities. Like butchering a deer of chipping several lbs of veggies.

This just happened to me. Didnt take it all the way off, but got halfway through. I was being retarded and it didnt help that I was hungover.

well I half sliced off this exact part of a knuckle a month ago. Now I have an ugly bump that protrudes even further. It's all about those really wide knives but they are too heavy to use.

you'll need stitches and antibiotics bring yourself to the doc asap mang

If everyone knew it this thread wouldn't exist, jackass.

>I guess they'd be nice to have if you're paranoid of cutting yourself on a mandoline or something.

No need to be paranoid about it, it's called realism.

There are 10s of thousands of professionals out there which weren't saved by your illusion of control and ignorance of long tailed risks ... mandolines are high risk devices if you free hand.

>I dont understand how to get to get shit done and not die in the process
>reee! Save me government daddy! And please take more money out of my wallet

How do you suppose they get the gloves to do that with no hands in them?

Toru failed as a superhero and became a hand model.

Maybe I should buy some...

>Too heavy to use
Git gud bruh

Are you the type of person to wear a cycling helmet all year round?

that part of your hand is like the farthest from the knife. what are you doing.

Sharpening accident?

>He keeps fucking up cutting food
>Doesn't try to improve his technique

You should wear a cycling helmet whenever you are on a bike. There is no amount of cycling expertise that will protect you from someone else's bad driving. Proper knife technique, on the other hand, makes the likelihood of severe damage if you have a cutting accident incredibly minimal. Proper knife technique IS the bike helmet of the kitchen.

>stupid lefty tries to pit an avocado

>Poor motor skills are a clinical sign of assburgers.

People with high-functioning autism (Aspergers) are well known to have above-average hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills. They accel at stuff like legos, puzzles, rubix cubes, touch screens, and video games.

It's the people with moderate and low functioning autism that have trouble with fine motor. If you're gonna be a smart ass, try not to be dumb.