Inner Mongolia 2

Out to lunch with the in-laws and her school friends. I'll phone post the local dishes.

pic related is roast lamb in a Beijing duck style, tomato chilli and cumin chilli for dipping

are you australian OP

oh shit. Maybe I set Australian region on my phone.

Stewed beef and potato

Fried noodles and beef on the bone

Milk tofu salad. It's actually a Mongolian cheese like a very mild fetta.

I'm sorry for all the fucked up pics, I tried rotating in the phone but it must be doing exif rotation which Veeky Forums strips to avoid /soc/ camwhores doxing themselves.

We talked about these before. Xianrbing, flat bread with spiced lamb.

Fried lamb liver. I hated it.

I'll repost corrected pics later.

milk tea

That seems to be all of the nonstandard Chinese dishes. I'll check back tonight and repost rotated pics.

Milk tea comes with some millet and milk skin in the pot. It adds flavour.

The dish on the right is Youmian which we talked about here: In a restaurant, it comes mixed in the bowl and you serve it directly. There's definitely laoganma or something similar in there.

This is a salad with cucumber, water melon, orange and 'naidofu' or Milk Tofu, actually a Mongolian cheese that's a kind of Fetta. It has the squeaky mouth feel of fetta but isn't salty at all.

So most banquet rooms like this will have a pot of milk tea in the corner or on a trolley and the waiter keeps refilling your bowl the whole time.

You can see my tea bowl in the bottom here: The tea has a slightly creamy taste because the milk skin they put in is basically a kind of dried cream/curds, it also has a kind of porridge taste because of the millet but it's not strong.

The milk skin is the flat layer of stuff with bubbles in it, on the right in this picture: You can also see some Milk Tofu in the same picture.

Great pics OP, did you travel specifically to IM or are you living over there?

I lived there a long time ago, you're making me nostalgic

>Great pics OP, did you travel specifically to IM or are you living over there?
I live here.

>I lived there a long time ago, you're making me nostalgic
Where did you live? Baotou has a few foreigners but there's way more in Hohhot. For some reason, Hailiar and HulunBaer seem to be popular with foreigners even though they're remote and tiny.

is your wife's family ethnic chinese or mongolian?

Han

Teaching at a university in Hohhot for a bit. Lived in Wuhan too

>Teaching at a university in Hohhot for a bit. Lived in Wuhan too
Wuhan is a fun city, not much culture though and the air isn't great.

I spent some time at the prison...

dont be a coy faggot, just blog like you know you want to