Al/ck/ It's all good edition

How's it going fellow alcohols?

I'm tired of life but too scared to die.

Sober right now unfortunately
Will get to drink tomorrow though

Shaking and sucking down the only booze in my place, some warm boddingtons from a couple years ago. Tomorrow is my "sober" day. Only allow myself one beer an hour from 12pm to 9pm then ambien and a shower beer at 6 for morning prep at 730. Then normal schedule: next drink from flask (if I can get to 711 before work) at 12pm during rush when the shakes hit and and nothing else until 4 when we get our shift drink. Then a slow binge until pass out at 9 and repeat until Sunday. At least cinco de fuckoff is done and the chilaquiles are off the menu.

lucky you still have a job, I fucked off on benders and missed enough weeks that my boss told me to go get on disability or something.

Only drank 4 beers tonight out of the case I borrowed from work tonight.
Bout to crash to a R.a. Salvatore book on tape.

Gonna smash it tomorrow though.

I planned on getting blackout and hitting the bar, but ended up playing games with online friends instead. I'll just get wrecked when they go to bed.

disregard that i suck cocks
went to the store and got some beers
i can drink today AND tomorrow

Sous is the same habits as me which is why I'm still employed.

hly shit didnt notice i got quads

wew lads

Hey there you depressed retards, I need some insight onto a matter.

Up until recently, I've been enjoying getting takeaways during nights I've been drinking with my friends, and I remember really enjoying this. The alcohol and the food always made me happy. However, for the past month I've been staying with my girlfriend and having been enjoying her wonderful vegaterian cooking every night. Now when I've gone to drink with my friends, takeaways just don't do it for me anymore. Something about the grease and maybe the meat just don't taste great like it used to.

So I ask you, whats the a good alternative to greasy takeaways when I'm planning to drink with my mates?

Gtfo

been on a five-day beer binge. the plus side is that the withdrawals are low. the down side is that beer causes shitty hangovers. also the down side is life sucks and i want to be dead.

My internet friends went to bed so I walked around town to known party houses and didn't see anyone actively partying, they may have been inside, didn't check. Now I'm at home, gonna get drunker. Weee

it might get better. It has to get better,

wrong. why do you think people kill themselves. you have any idea how many people have sat around year after year expecting life to get better, and it didnt. and then finally they were like "fuck this im out"

did you not catch the sarcasm when I said it has to get better?

sorry, no. your 7 word post didnt really portray your literary intent.

/
read the exchange over again to see the full picture

Whenever I drink is the only time I don't feel the constant pain inside and above my right hip. Painkiller does nothing, physiotherapy does nothing, chiropractics does nothing, it's a goddamn agonizing mystery. Then, one glass of red and BAM, pain gone for the duration of the drunkenness.

how about you just sit on my face.

how bout I give you a big hug?

youv'e been given crappy painkillers, then. because the strong types of opiates will knock you on your ass.

hugs are gay. no thanks.

What does a bender actually entail? What's the worst bender you've been on?

inb4 non-alcoholic fuck off

a bender is where you drink to avoid hangovers. so basically for 3 or more days you are continually drinking alcohol. and when its all finished then all hell breaks loose. you start to get alcohol withdrawal symptoms, often times.

ive been constantly drunk since i got to the airport 3 days ago, have to work tomorrow, wont be pleasant.

still have some 120 proof vodka, that is my sunday plan

Waiting on a text that will decide whether I have a happy next few months or longer or spiral deeper into depression.

>not giving any context
Riveting comment

Good actually, had a strong night of drinking beer tequila and rum. Woke up with just a bit of an upset stomach so I will be able to start up soon this sunday morning. Hopefully I can stick to just beer today since its a work night

>sat around
Life doesn't get better unless you make it better.

Didn't want to waste anyone's time.

Wrong. Go out there in the world and try to succeed. See you back here in a week.

Try harder.

Let me get this straight. You ask a guy to sit on your face and he instead offers a hug instead and you decline for that act being gay, but him facesitting you is ok and not gay ?

Yes. Yes, you are correct.

>I walked around town to known party houses
>just strolls around town in search of party houses
Where do you live, chad town?

started drinking around 10am today, passed out at 6 or 7, woke up about an hour ago. Now it's like midnight, I can't get back to sleep, and the worst bit is I'm sober, have no more booze and everywhere's closed

fuck

I had a beer this morning but I cant stop shaking. what do I do? I'm trying to taper down but I dont want to get drunk all day again.

You have to drink and eat to stop that, 12oz won't kill it either, you'll want 4 cans and some sort of potato dish.

Not only do I feel generally awful but I get restless leg syndrome on the rare occasion I find myself in this situation. You're in for a horrific night if you can't sleep or find something to get you rekt.

yesterday i was awake for about 24hrs. drank for about 12hrs of that. slept for 6hrs, woke up having to take a shit so i grabbed a beer. that was 2hrs ago and now i'm on my 4th vodka and coke.

so, doing pretty well.

Yeah i dont think you are doing too great

Fuck i just feel like Im not making any progress. Am I supposed to congratulate myself if I only have 15 drinks today? Feel like it would be easier to quit if I just killed myself

Once you pop the top you can't stop

36 hrs with no booze here and tapering down is going to be my excuse to grab a 4loko this morning but once I do that I'll end up making 3 more trips to the liquor store. I think I'm going to go "taper" down now anyway

This pic amuses me

We are in an alcoholic thread in Veeky Forums on Veeky Forums. This is the ultimate waste of time.

I hear ya. I lost my job from drinking, luckily I just started a new one on Friday

thousands of dollars in debt, got a court date, cant afford my car insurance this month

fuck I want a beer but I literally have no money

Every bit of progress is good, user. It's shitty that our brains don't reward us for toning down or sobriety but then again that makes our dilemma whole.
I started having a on/off relationship with alc this year. It's not perfect but has been the year with most sober days in a decade. Keep at it!

Why the fuck does my skin hurt, or is it skin, chest muscles, abdominal muscles, hurt on touch but otherwise nothing, I can flex them and no pain, it's only when I touch the skin. What the fuck how does that make sense, why would it hurt

Keep an apple in your bag. When eating it, you'll look like even more of an ass hole.
*ding*

Why this thread move so slow are their not more fucked up alchies as bad as us? Are we it ?

everyone else died

Fair enough. The girl I love more than anything else in life may or may not feel the same. I'm waiting to find out. I think it will work out, I'm feeling strangely optimistic.

>waste of time

Speak for yourself, I consider my time doing sudokus to be highly productive

Makes sense
My blood pressure is through the roof

Glad to see there are still regs alive in these threads

Coconut water is magical for hangovers

Gotta get that potassium

3+ months sober now. It's kinda funny in hindsight. People say just stop drinking if you want to quit. So with every passing hour I just focused on not drinking. It got dramatically easier after the first 10 days. And here I am.

t. not an alcohol

I had the shakes in a dream I had last night.

found enough cans to recycle to afford a 710 of strong beer

thank fuck

You were never an alcohol to begin with.

Based recyclable cans
I have like 15 bags full of them for a rainy day when I have no money left

Hah, you two are pathetic. You've blown such a trivial issue so out of proportion that the only possible way your brain can reconcile your grim reality is by putting down others who have broken free from the shackles of booze.

>2017
>destroying your life because you can't stop drinking poison

kek

People who are alcohols can overcome physical addiction (moderately) easily, it's the psychological one they struggle with, you were never an alcohol to begin with so you can't even begin to comprehend how hard it would be for an alcohol to quit.
And I do mean that literally, you couldn't possibly imagine it

How would you have any idea as to how severe my addiction was?

Kramer-kun here. The girl and I went for drinks last night. She seemed to not want to talk about Tinder guy. We had a great time and shared our feelings. She laughed a lot.

I walked her home and told her how much I appreciated her and that she's basically a lifesaver. She seemed touched and happy.

I know that this will end in nothing but tears and I can't keep up the Mr. Steal Your Girl self-illusion for too long. But this train doesn't have brakes and I'm gonna ride it straight to Boozetown

Prolly a Uni town

Clearly it wasn't severe at all if you just blew it off like it was nothing

>basing your happiness on other people

Shiggity diggity doo

If I could stop, I would. She's not a convenient person to love.

>tfw stuck in the hosptial till friday
wew at least i haven't drank the whole time ive been here.

I believe you, how much did u drink per week ? And how much did you spend on booze per month? What were your fav drinks?

Why in hospital

mssa blood infection

damn right. kept scrounging around my car and I found a loonie and an old cigarette

got enough coin for a 40 oz of malt liquor now.. I gotta pay with 30 dimes but fuck it

How much do you get for recyclable cans? We get nothing in the UK. I must have binned tens of thousands

10 cents a can here in Veeky Forumsanada, well my province anyways

I have just enough for a 40 oz of olde English.. 8% malt liquor.. it'll get me through the shakes for a few hours

in gercuckistan theres a deposit of 25c on each can but only 8c on glass bottles.
>bring back 5 crates of beer and 2 huge garbage bags of plastics bottles
>other customer comes up to the machine
>"do you own a bar?"

lul

in alberta it's 10c for anything under a liter, 25 for anything above.
but you pay that when you buy it so it's not exactly free money, more like a bank account with zero interest and you have to do work for it.

quebec? here in BC I think it's 5 cent for cans, 10 for larger bottles.

I never return my stuff though, I live in a city on the west coast so we have tons of homeless people and old chinese ladies who come by every day, I just leave my empties out front and they're usually gone in less than an hour

actually I'm probably wrong, I think it's ten for cans

I dunno it doesn't matter who cares

Ontario

im eating breakfast first. gonna throw it up anyways to make more room for booze

>Drink
>Want to sing
>Cringe every single time I become sober
>Repeat ad infinitum

I love this thread I root for all of you.
Have any of you who want to quit alch considered using other substances that are easier to taper quit?
For example, A cycle of Kratom and Phenibut could get you off alch no prob.

the solution is your gf is probably cheating on you

Quiting alc is meaningless. You will just start drinking a few days later.

What do you guys drink when you're poor? I live in Aus where alcohol is bullshit expensive and wine tends to get you the most drunk for the least money.

I like to get the cheapest red wine, a big glass, fill it up with ice and mix it 50/50 with coke. Chuck in a slice of lemon if you want to get fancy. If you haven't tried this I rec it. The only bad thing is it's a lot of acidity and sugar. Also it has to be ice cold or it'll taste like shit.

What I mean is substitute drinking with Kratom and Phenibut which are each alot easier to quit and taper.
Still get to feel good.
Thats what I do, when my tolerance has gotten to high on a particular drug, I switch to another one for like 10 days, then taper off that.

And then I can get through a day without a drug. Which all know how hard that can be.
Just a suggestion

>haven't taken my jeans off in months
>take a bath
>legs are blue

??????

Wut
You've been shitting yourself for months?

Got my fix for the day. Gonna chug it and try to forget about the world

If it's a fairly common recreational drug, I've tried it. I've tried a few exotic ones too. I always end up drunk within hours of them running out. Usually I'll use booze on top, because even shit luck heroin, crack and meth don't quite feel intense enough.
I do like extremely powerful weed and extracts, but I'd rather die than go to prison, so couldn't use them daily.

>luck
Like*

Don't do Kratom. Took me two weeks to break my addiction and I did it by drinking until I was incapable of feeling withdrawl symptoms anymore.

I will tell you straight up quitting Kratom is MUCH harder than alcohol.

I'm gonna call bullshit. You can do it cold turkey even without much discomfort. But you don't really need to "quit" because kratom's not toxic.