Educate me on food in Finland

Educate me on food in Finland.

I just relocated there from NYC and it's basically a culinary wasteland. Is there anything of worth in this country?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mOYV7zMoDck
youtube.com/watch?v=n2_3ZiMAHlo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pic related with eggy butter is pretty much the only finnish food worth eating.

And Karelian Hotpot
And Sauteed Reindeer
And creamy salmon soup
And finnish rye bread

>NYC
>Good food.

There is if you go looking for it, but it sounds like you'd rather shitpost so w/e

All crap. Finns do not know how to cook.

OP, do yourself a favor and take a trip to Denmark or even Sweden and stock up on some real food.

Why do people rag on Finns so much? It's almost like they're considered the nignogs of scandinavia.

>posting a mongolian pastry
Nice

Don't the Finnish have some nice fish dishes? I'm pretty ignorant of their food, but what do they eat for breakfast

why yes OP i watch this thing you call ayy-nee-mayy

Food tastes better when you're shitfaced
This is how the Finns do it

Licorice pipes
youtube.com/watch?v=mOYV7zMoDck

As a rule of thumb if people have pale skin they can't cook.

>what is France

Underrated

this stuff is pretty bland and tasteless. 100% disgusting.

I said pale people. Southern French aren't snowniggers and cook just fine.

Parisians are pretty pale and they can still cook

everything finnish is shit or weird

look at motherfucking S A L M I A K K I
literally salted liquorice flavored with ammonium chloride
what the fuck?

Arguably the best chef in the world is from Denmark dude. Now, they're not nearly as ass backwards as Finns but they're in the same general area.

One guy from Scandi overcompensating is like how Americans and Aussies make like 2 or 3 good wines to overcompensate for the oceans of terrible swill they inflict upon the world, while countries that actually care are content having something good without going absolutely apeshit overboard

Why don't you go ahead and name me all those wonderful brown chefs you're so fond of then?

Shitskins like Seiji Yamamoto, Dan Barber, Juan Roca are all subhuman vermin, eh ?

Yes.

Cook at home like every other Finn does and you'll get exactly the type of food you like

That is one shit sounding language.

I hear they tear their pizzas

finnish rye bread crisps with cream cheese and salmon
freshly caught sold and salted by yourself for 1 day herring
vodka candy

Ask for muikut

Ask for lihapiirakat parilla nakilla ja kaikilla mausteilla

Then drink and kill yourself

That's fucking awesome. Can you convert to USD? I don't even know what your weird finnish currency is called so I can't do it myself.

The currency of Finnland is the Euro. This isn't from Finnland.
My guess is this is Thai Baht, so about $2.88.

Think that's $1.40.
That's great. Why the fuck do we not have this in freedomland?

It's literally brew coffee and vodka, you can mix a piece of Finnish culture for your own amusement

Tililiha

>Dan detected

Not from finnland, but this is the best shit ever! I have to import it because it isn´t sold anywhere in Austria.

>that flaccid pineapple ring

Jeez no wonder Finns kill themselves all the damn time

Fensters
nobody can top the Finns when it comes to these

>Sauteed Reindeer
I need this in my life.

You entitled fatso. My ancestors were starving in their winter-holes and you have the audacity to criticize them for not preparing you a succulent meal? With what I ask you?

It's shit food because there wasn't any.

Maybe try a vety lihapiirakka. It might stop your heart so you might like it.

As a rule of thumb if people have dark skin they usually eat garbage.

I visited my friend in Finland and I tried various dishes. That one was the only "okay" one out of all those disgusting meals and other foods. It's still unhealthy tasting but atleast it doesn't look like baby shit like Mami.

That shit is everywhere in the Netherlands. My friend visited me and took some candy with him claiming I wouldn't be man enough to handle. Ended up eating the whole bag casually.

I fucking love that shit.

Are there any good brands I can get in the states? Also, I heard there are some flavors that can clear the nose and throat. Anyone I can find them?

Literally Linux, Nokia, and 'FaZe allu' are the only good things which have come from Finland, and Torvalds is half swedish. Scandinavia is Sweden, Norway, and Denmark.

if that were true then you would of been able to respond with some good dishes

yeah but allu is a god

id order two of that. breakfast of champions.

Eh, reindeer is kind of dope but other than that don't bother. Finnish cuisine as a whole is an absolute disgrace.

t. finn

Also salmiakki is amazing but it's probably an acquired taste.

>Karelian Hotpot

Literally just chunks of beef, potatoes and carrots boiled in water, oil and salt. One of the world's blandest foods which should be a testament on how bad Finnish cuisine is since they think of it as a dish to be proud of.

Finnish btw

Well you cant go wrong with a stew, my karelian grandmother used to make that and let it simmer for 12 hrs. Delicious! But the rest of the finnish cuisine is avarage. Swefag here who thinks our cuisine is garbage also, its like everything is based on fact you might not eat tomorrow so you take everthing you have at home and combine it.

Isn't Finlands biggest export memes?

Fish dishes are great here but many of the classic dishes are pretty fucking boring shit flavored with nothing but salt, pepper and butter.
Reindeer is great but really expensive.
Contemporary cooking can be pretty cool as many of the chefs like to use local ingredients and ingredients from the nature.

youtube.com/watch?v=n2_3ZiMAHlo

underrated post

white people food usually tastes bland to mexicans because of how much fucking salt they eat, it's honestly sad

Technically Finland is part of Fenno-Scandia, not Scandinavia

>t. morbidly obese nigger amerifat who only likes muh sweet

>Having the taste buds of a child.
ISHIGGYDIGGYMYNIGGY

because they are Finngolians

I thought Müller has it, but it may have been discontinued.

should be in drug stores as a cough syrup

>Finngolians
mongols stopped before Novgorod, it's 1,5 km of mosquito bogs till reindeer people.

*1,500 km

Traditional Finnish food is bland and made from common ingredients because we have been kicked around by neighboring countrys untill 100 years ago.
Modern food is a hit and miss thanks to eating out being expensive, so many restaurants cant take risks and when they do the results wary.
Some of the food is quite odd, my local restaurant/pizzeria sininen hetki (blue moment) serves pizza by same name, it replaces tomato sauce with curry sauce and toppings are dried tomatos, chickhen, blue cheese (aura) and peach.
Mother loved that horrible abomanation when i dont even see it as a pizza.
In general finland has very little of original food but copies and combines foreing food

mämmi does taste good imo. sahti, too, but I'm not into all that liqorice stuff fins seem to love.

>authentic fin' 'za

Lucky for you, both Russia and Sweden are nearby.

They are not even part of scandinavia.

Nordic countries:
Iceland
Norway
Denmark
Sweden
Finland

Scandinavia:
Norway
Denmark
Sweden