Ramenposting

I have been supporting my local ramen scene lately. Post ramen that you've enjoyed recently.

Pic related: tonkotsu shio w/ pork belly, corn, butter, and egg.

Shio (chicken base) with house special topping (menma, spinach, chashu, marinated pork belly, egg, seaweed)

Tonkotsu is my favorite type of ramen, particularly Kuro Tonkotsu or Aka Tonkatsu (pic related). I usually get mine with an extra egg and add corn. I think butter is overkill in Tonkotsu though. If I ordered shio or miso ramen, I might add butter.

Tonkotsu Shoyu broth
Extra egg

Tonkotsu "spicy"
This was billed as spice level 2/3 but didn't register any burn whatsoever. Nice rich broth though.

that looks disgusting

too hard boiled egg, fatty bacon strip and corn does not belong in a soup imho

How do you feel about ten slices of chashu?

That chashu looks fucking terrible. The whole bowl looks terrible.

pre packed ramen looks better than anything posted in this thread.

Corn doesn't look like it belongs in ramen...

>has never eaten real ramen

Enjoy your salt and wax noodle water.

Most ramen places offer corn. Japan likes corn, they put it in all kinds of things. It's pretty good in ramen, I was hesitant to add it to mine at first, but after trying it, it adds a nice counterbalancing flavor and texture.

man, those eggs are dryyyy.

tan tan men!

I get that occasionally if I want something different than tonkotsu. Sometimes my favorite local place offers Kurogama tan tan men, which is my absolute favorite.

Butturt projection

Yeah, I hate places that
1. overcook their eggs
and
2. Cut the eggs in half

They should be whole and soft boiled (and preferably marinated).

My favourite ramen.

Keeping it basic today with ordinary shoyu.

Never had ramen of any sort and I can't find a restaurant for it where I live. Should I try packaged, make it myself, or wait for a restaurant for my first experience?

To be honest I wouldn't get too bothered.
It's basically a watery, noodle soup with whatever leftovers restaurants have thrown in.
You'll hear tales of some mystical, oriental broth cooked for 48 hours but the truth is it's just stock cooked in a pressure cooker for a couple of hours.
It's hipster garbage nowadays and I would add if you ever see a restaurant serving 'ramen' with soft boiled egg in it it's hipster trash and will be overpriced and best avoided. No true Japanese recipe would do that.
Having said that even in Japan ramen is considered peasant food for plebs and western tourists.

Restaurant is best, it's a dish that takes a lot of prep work to get right, but refrigerated packaged ramen is a deceng substitute. Myojo has a great tonkotsu base.

yes chef, I would like a single pea with my ramen thank you

>americannoodlebar.jpg
Utter trash.

>boiled egg
Dropped.
Weeb.

Gosh, westerner's ramen looks so pathetic. You don't have Marutama over there?

Looks bland tbqhwy.
Lose the egg as well, Shart.

This looks good desu

Usually only miso ramen from the northern areas has corn (because it was brought over by occupying American forces).

How bizarrely contentious. Are you trying to start a meme?

>'ramen scene'

Egg is way overcooked.

Franchise ramen sold almost twice as expensive or ij Jinya's 3x overseas. Isnt ramen places usually 5-7 dollars a bowl?

I would it eat that shit

Lol fucking cup of soup

Don't listen to this guy he's a fucking moron who's never had real ramen in his life.

I live in NorCal, and pay $8.95 for Tonkotsu ramen at my favorite place, but that pricing is pretty on par for most ramen places here. And, you get what you pay for, it's a big bowl (and they're not stingy with the chashu or other ingredients), you'll never leave hungry.