Oysters

fuck i just LOVE oysters so much
i could slurp them up morning, night and day

just a bit of lemon juice on it, or maybe weak vinegar but definitely nothing too powerful, wouldn't wanna ruin the godtier flavor

So, now that you know that i FUCKING LOVE oysters.

whats your thoughts on thees lovely gifts of the sea?

Other urls found in this thread:

cotuitoystercompany.com/history-of-cotuit-oysters.asp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Oysters. Love em.

i know right! so fucking good!

my friends think im weird when i take down a dozen raw oysters myself but they're cheap af in virginia beach and i love them

man i wish Oysters were cheap around me,

I like oyster crackers, do oysters taste similar?

what even are those?

Love 'em smoked. What is the appeal of raw? Seriously - how would you describe the taste and texture that you love them so much raw vs any cooking method?

Fuck no

I feel the same way as you do, OP.
Every year for my birthday, I go to one of the oyster farms around here and eat about 3-4 dozen oysters (or as many as I can until I'm full) while drinking champagne. It's my birthday tradition.

i just like the .. how do you. .. "light"? texture? soft, velvety and then you bit into it for a burst of delicious unspoiled oyster flavor.

i feel cooking them detracts from the overall flavor and makes them less unique and tasty

I agree, cooking pretty much ruins oysters. The ONLY exception is a good oyster bisque or oyster stew, but in those cases, the oyster are barely poached in the soup before serving, so they're still velvety and have that inner brininess.

>Try oysters for the first time
>Full of little shrapnels of the shell
>Feels like eating sand

The flavour was pretty interesting but the overall experience was ruined

the shell used to put me off a bit too when i fiorst fell in love with oysters but now i just dont care, kinda like fish bones, you just get used to it.

totally

Little octagonal crackers meant to be crumbled into soup or chili, basically thicker saltines

but do they have anything to do with actual oysters?

Never had a raw oyster. They're a bit off putting. I'm down to try though. Are you supposed to chew or do you swallow them whole?

Cotuits R Superior

cotuitoystercompany.com/history-of-cotuit-oysters.asp

chew a bit then swallow. thats what i do

They are called that because they originally went with oysters and or in oyster stew.

yup
Give a few chews to get the brine and aroma up into your sinuses, then swallow. Don't fuck around with any of the sauces if you're having fewer than a dozen imo.

Mignonette isn't great unless the oyster is very briny. We prefer Northeast species so they're sweeter and taste great on their own or with traditional lemon, hot, etc.

its odd that something so simple can be fucked up. ive had some served not chilled enough, and some that were a bad size and bits of shell inside the juice

if you live near DE, go to harrys seafood. best oysters of all time, and i can eat those things for an entire dinner

so, i either hate them because the shucker is a fucker or i love them. i find it weird that its so polar for me considering all it is is raw food

those are cooked btw

Casanova supposedly ate dozens of these before his rampant sex spree.

Oysters are fucking fantastic, a few years ago my local farm got hit by a storm and a lot of their stock washed well into the bay.

It was a good summer to have a snorkel and shellfish permit.

Mr. Bean put me off oysters forever.

pretty much the most delicious meat you can eat by itself

it even comes seasoned

>be me
>go to oysterfest as a volunteer
>never actually ate an oyster before
>the festival has 2 oyster themed booths
>oystershot and a bucket of oysters
>nothing else
>buy the baked bucket of oysters
>theyre fucking covered in mud and sea smegma
>knife rental cost 10 dollars
>use car keys to open oysters and bang aginst rocks
>dirt mixes in with the oyster
>dont know how to eat them without a utensil
>makeout with each oyster i had subsequently eating dirt and sand in every bite
6/10 i would eat again

I paid 12 dollars for one almost the size of my hand in Japan

They had bigger ones for $20

If y'all are looking for a good oyster place there a restaurant at the Oxbow Market in Napa that has the best oysters

Are oysters alive when you eat them?

yes, well, as "alive" as an oysters gonna get, but then you chew em, so ...

if they aren't you are going to be sick

I like em raw but honestly kinda prefer them after sitting on the grill for a hot minute

dash of lemon and rock salt

yum dude

I live in Colorado though so the opportunity to eat them fresh is rare, unfortunately

Use to camp at St. George down in Florida

Drive down 10 minutes to a little mom/pop shop that sells them fresh, dirt cheap.

Just eat them all fucking day for practically nothing, all while listening to the waves from your campsite. Seriously the best.

I don't think I've ever actually had them which is weird because I could live off of shrimp and mussels for the rest of my life and be happy.

Thats a pretty good tradition mate.

Why is it a stereotype that girls like guys who like oysters?

Is it true? Is it memes? Why?

girls like guys who can afford to buy them oysters constantly

cause girls like oysters

There's nothing more horrible the taste of a dead oyster that the shucker missed; pure rot.
I still love 'em but I had to lay off for awhile after that rotten one.

Supposed to be an aphrodisiac

Love them so much. They are what got me into food as a kid, really opened me up to what was out there and taught me to try anything and everything.

I now work in a nice redtaurant, manning an oyster/charcuterie bar. I'm still getting the hang of it, but ask me stuff if you feel like it.

*restaurant

Sorry, just got off, kinda tired

Oysters, clams, mussels, I love them all.

How do you think the warm water gulf oysters compare to the pacific northwest oysters? I've done it, but I'm always a little nervous eating oysters from warm water raw.

I soak some red pepper flake in fresh lemon juice for 20 min and put that on the oyster. Hot sauce overpoweres the oyster but the hot lemon juice works perfectly.

pretty much the exact same thing. they are made with oyster juice, lemon and thats it and flour.

I wouldn't know, I'm in Western Australia. I've never heard of those here.