>the only dish with moz is pizza

Why do americans do this?

It's hard to grate.

>sliced moz
>cherry tomatoes or decent in season tomatoes
>oregano
>olive oil
i'd say no op

Wrong faggot. There's also mozzarella sticks.

>oregano
>not basil

why? you have everything else that constitutes a caprese but instead of basil you put sand on it?

This shit is the best

(I don't know the brand, just the product idea)

yeah mozzarella is actually one of the blandest cheeses
basically can't be eaten by itself

Aren't you supposed to eat the entire thing in one day when it's fresh?

Moz is great with everything, fresh basil or oregano (though I lean towards basil)

You shut your whore mouth.

Cheddar has it beat

Then Swiss and then Colby Jack

usually I have access to better oregano(have it in garden) than basil so I guess I associate it more with it, but yeah basil is great also

What else are you gonna put on your 'za faggot

side note

why do americans and american chefs still pronounce it or-egg-ano, it's or-ay-garno

Of course you plebs never had high quality mozzarella or even buffalo mozzarella but what you can expect from a bunch of teenage americans

I'm sorry boys, you don't know what you're missing

ah yes noone here has had buffalo mozzarella, readily available at any supermarket in the developed world

pull your head out of your arse

There's buffalo mozzarella and there's buffalo mozzarella user, out of the 6 available to me locally only aldi supreme range mozerella come close to what I get in the med

I kind of agree. Mozz is somewhat bland until it browns up in the oven.
Still good stuff tho

>basically can't be eaten by itself
My ass. I buy like 2 pounds at the cheese shop and eat it plain.

Don't forget the balsamic vinegar.

Don't forget lasagna.

'no'

You say that, but then there's paneer.

au-tis-mo

If a fucking mozarella costs 1 dollar dont fucking buy it, idiots

you've obviously not had good mozzarella.
sounds good, swap oregano with basil and it's also godtier

SHIT

Did you froget what ricotta looks like OP?

pastas and soups can be topped with mozzarella

THIS

except for on pizza, melted mozzarella tastes absolutely disgusting to me

The first time I tried it to see what the fuzz is about I was let down.
Then once in Italy I had a real one, made freshly that day and it's one of my favorite things since.

nothing triggers me more than those gay threads

ricotta is not cheese

since when?
did they re-classify it like they did with pluto?

Mozz is a good pleb filter if you need to get a glimpse of who someone is. If they use mass produced shit made in a factory you know they have shit taste

>not American cheese
>not literal processed plastic pressed between more sheets of plastic

i doubt anyone thinkgs of "american cheese" as an actual cheese.

I only buy it in the summer to make pic related

Except I'm a heretic so I cube everything and toss it like a salad, rather than neatly layering slices.

But I'm not such a heretic as to defile it with balsamic vinegar, let alone the corn syrup, white vinegar, and caramel coloring that passes for 'balsamic' in the states.

If you're a dirty fucken paki maybe

caprese might be the #1 dish in taste/work required ratio.

Put in freezer for 10 minutes

Is there a cheese that's like mozerella but with a stronger taste?

Yes

Abadobbibomi it's Greek and it's the next pizza meme cheese.

>pizza meme cheese
What cheese do you put on pizza that is not a meme?

I don't eat pizza, I'm not American or fat.

you sure about that chief?
never heard of that cheese and google got 0 hits.

Well played, sir! I thought it sounded fake so I'm glad you cheked.

Brined, smoked buffalo mozzarella is God tier.

you forgot the balsamic vinegar and it's supposed to be basil not oregano

I almost looked it up too, even though it sounds like Fred Flinstone named it

>basil not oregano

Yep

> balsamic vinegar

1. That's probably not balsamic you're using, it's likely a mixture of white or red-wine vinegar, corn syrup, caramel coloring, and artificial flavoring

2. Either way it does not belong in caprese

>oregano
kill yourself

That's not american cheese

It's a new cheese, the milk of desperate displaced refugees.

>these americans thinking oregano only comes in dried form

Been eating this with a slice of tomato, pretty good. Any other easy combinations with mozz?

could go for some caprese salad rn

t. never had real italian mozzarella

try it and the fucking kys.

now THAT is some authentic 'za!
WA LA!

>this retard thinks that oregano is acceptable on a caprese salad regardless if it's dry or not

Smoked cheeses are the best cheeses on this earth and every last one of you faggots knows it, deep down

if you want a better version of mozzerella try scamorza. also just as awesome on pizza, and better by itself.

can anyone tell me why leaving leftover caprese salad makes the cheese all weird and grainy after a day or so? something to do with the vinegar or what?

Does that go on anything other than pizza?

Rags

Agreed it has no taste. I do love mozzarella sticks though.

American cheese is the only cheese that tastes good om burgers.

Cheddar. Swiss. Pepper jack. Muenster.

Try again.

Came here to post this. FPBP.

while I would agree that many if not most balsamic vinegars you will find in the average US grocery store are terrible, you can buy pic related for about $12.00 and it last me a long time.

>not lightly drizzling it with your 100 year aged balsamic imported from Italy

anything american

Probably the best you can buy here, but having travelled to Italy and tasted the real stuff, it's shit. Use the internet and get a decent balsalmic if you want to impress a specific golddigging wench.

We put them on sandwiches too.

Where is it overrated? No one in my state ever has it in their cart or fridge. I buy it a few times a month. Good for pizza.

Its the most consumed cheese in America

I tried to like balsamic vinegar. It looks awesome on some things and it has some appeal to me as being a condiment option, but I just don't like the taste enough.

Lemme figure out something to complain about like a stupid cunt and get back to you. We all need something stupid to complain about because we're miserable depressed fuck ups, so I'll get right on that.

balsamic shitfiddler is wayyy to sweet for a caprese salad. You fucking people who use it in salad are the reason people don't eat enough greens. Get 10% vinegar for your salad dressing, screw this barrel aged desert garbage.

People saying it's bland are correct but for some reason it's still the nicest cheese. Makes no sense to me but that's just the way it is.

I bought some gouda today

Is there literally any difference between it and edam?

Well, wouldn't overrated mean its more glorified than its consumed? If its the most consumed cheese, then it seems its rightfully rated highly.

No, overrated means it is glorified more than it deserves.

But if its the most consumed cheese, it seems the glorification is justified, thus the rating is as well.

Like he said, it's good for pizza. Dumbass.

It's actually good when fresh made "naturally"....otherwise it is complete shit. I've only found one brand in the past 10 years in a grocery store that comes close to the quality of fresh/natural mozz and it was like 30 bucks a pound

White cheddar

I went to a restaurant that served this with the best tomato and mozzarella cheese. I'm trying to recreate it but cannot...their tomato was sooo good

>or-ay-gun-oh
Hope that clarified any confusion

At certain grocery stores they have this Buffalo Mozzarella that's the most delicious shit ever conceived.

Don't eat more than one ball at a time tho, it'll make you real sick

best shit ever

Where u find dis

Usually costco, although I think wholefoods might sell them

I'm American and grow my own oregano. What now, Yurop?

>not burrata

>being american and using so much fresh oregano I grow it as a living mulch in my flower beds (pic related)

Top that yuropoors and wannabee amerilard oregano feeders.

dried oregano is better though