Wine General

Whats your favorite kind of wine Veeky Forums?

I'm a Rosé kind of guy myself.

CdP

What country makes the best rose? I only drink cheap wine but I wouldn't mind trying a bottle of rose. I've only had it at restaurants.

here, fuck you OP your thread sucks and you suck too

Woah, calm your tits. I didn't reply because I honestly don't know and I also drink cheap wine myself.

> I'm a rose guy
> doesn't know who makes good rose

???

It's my favoruite kind of wine, but I couldn't tell you who produces it the best because I haven't tried every country's wine.

then who makes good rose

France probably

I reported you

You two are horrible persons but here are your (You)s anyways. So, if you don't mind spending a little on Rosé, definitely try Whispering Angel of Chateau d'Esclans. Otherwise I only ever drank Hungarian Rosés (obviously I live there), and most of them are horrible, sour, tasteless crap, definitely made for spritzers or as a method of strengthening the winemaker's red wines. The only good local Rosés I ever tried were Ráspi's Rosé Cuvée 2015 and Hegyi-Kaló's Medina Rosé 2014. I'd recommend the latter two if you are geniune poorfags and somehow have access to these wines.

Pic related, best Rosé I've ever tasted: Hegyi-Kaló Medina Rosé 2014

And of course I fuck up and forget to post the picture. Here it is anyways.

I don't think you realize just how cheap I buy wine. I don't look for labels. I check for the grape and the region and the price. That's it. That's why I asked about what region makes the best rose.

T'es faché, frère?

Enjoy drinking overpriced labels then.

That is like plebbest Côte-du-Rhone appelation

Tuscan reds are my favourite actually.

Very simple wines.

Been distinctly sub-par of late also.

ton français est une merde

Je ne comprends pas ce que tu as essayé de traduire, fdp !

If you are that down low, just go for the bag-in-box california rosé. At least that's not overpriced. And beyond 10-15 USD/bottle all rosés taste like lemon juice.

Bandol is makes so very nice rosé btw

I don't buy boxed one. I should've mentioned that. It's one place I won't go.

I'm in Canada though so a cheap bottle is ~$10. Pretty decent imo. I'll just pick up whatever bottle from whatever region next time I buy wine.

Big cabernets are my favorite.

If you're on the eastern part and maybe - MAYBE - ge t down to new york, and maybe stumble upon Dúzsi's Kékfrankos Rosé, it's an okay one, and you should consider trying it. Definitely not worth the trip itself tho. Sucks to be Canadian, I guess, that way even home delivery is not an option. Look, under a certain price, all rosés almost taste the same. There's no shame in buying some decent bag in box. But if you really want to spend that money on good Rosé, which you should, then what you need to do is:
-check vintages: Rosés get old quickly, and prone to light and heat damage. Do not buy old bottles. You should prefer darkened, green bottles, because they protect the wine a little bit.
- look for Provance: The genuinely best rosé region is Provance. Obviously, it's pricy as fuck, so you should:
-look for store brand wines: stores often buy wines in batch, put their own labels on it, and sell it at a lower price. I don't know what kind of shops are near you, but here, Lidl wines, or Tesco's Premium Selection has almost always been a good buy.

There, that's all the help I can provide. You should consider trying some lighter reds, they're somewhat similar to rosés, but the variety is a lot greater, and prices are better too. Alright, have fun exploring & stocking up!

Provence is the reliable choice but I would not call it the best. More like the only place making decent stuff in any quantity. It might be the only drinkable rose in the LCBO or some flyover store, but the best roses are one-off irregular wines made by "real" wine makers. Germans, Italians, Spaniards, and even Shartistanis make good roses. But they're rare.

merlot

Gay

beaujolais-villages

confirmed for never having had a good rose
lovely, i like you
i've only ever seen one beaujolais in my city, and it was glorious

i guess i'm still on a malbec kick these days, but i'll try anything.

Ugh, that stuff used to be the best deal around and then it got memed to hell

I am not paying $30 for a bottle of bojo, sorry

For me it is Chardonnay, the best wine.

t.cougar

i was about to correct you, but i realized that the cougars you want drink chardonnay, and that the cougars you don't want drink pinot grigio

you should try villa ponciago. their 2012 and 2014 bottlings were excellent but the 2016 was also very good. the price tag is also great

The cougars you really want drink Cote de Beaune, but they're a little too classy for you. But the ones that drink Rombauer are fine. Just don't let 'em poke any holes in the condom, "menopause" is a gradual process.
I'll keep an eye out.

I haven't set my preference, but I do like Cabernet

cheap moscato
It's like 90% of what I drink, period.

>Rose
>guy

I got news for you.

>anything but amarone della valpolicella
>good

are you people memeing or is the entire thread french people circlejerking about how good their passable wine is?

I used to buy Calon Segur alot until China noticed it and decided to buy up every lot jacking the price into the stratosphere. It used to be a reasonably priced wine and is absolutely awesome.

These days I buy Bila Haute, it's dirt cheap (under CAD$20) and pretty good French wine.

my wife and i like cabernet right now.
my go to for easy drinking is pinot grigio
i do love me some late harvest riesling
and mead is fun

I have to agree. As I mentioned before, my favourite is also made by a small artisan winery (Hegyi-Kaló), I just wanted to help OP get the best bang for his buck.

Fucking memes, right? I hope Spain doesnt get fucking memed.

Fuck you for memeing, but there are decent cuvées based on chardonnay, and it's the best sparkling wine base hands down.

if sweet moscato, then try spätlese rieslings
if dry moscato, try grüner veltliner

As long as it gets him into wine...

The thread is pretty much amerifags who only know mediocre french stuff. It's a good start though, but they should definitely cut out the country bias.

>cabernet
try tempranillo, good stuff
>pinot grigio
try viognier, or if you find a bottle, kéknyelű, both are pretty cool whites
>late harvest riesling
good! try the dry ones though

P
I
N O I R
O
T

How's the weather in oregon? Jokes aside, if done correctly, light reds are great. My preference is Portugieser tho, but Pinots are great, and so is Zweigelt or Chianti.

Spain is too big and too associated with "inauthentic" shit like merlot-tempranillo blends to be memed as a country

Some individual regions and producers though get memed from time to time. Couple years ago bierzo and ribeira sacra were going to be the next big thing, then people got bored of them

For me it's a nice Argentinean Malbec

>meme
>memeing
wew, lad.
>>>/Facebook/

Sauvignon Blanc

Well, what would you call it then? Meemays? Patterns of wine culture?

Actual on-topic question: how do you take care of your wine glasses? I wash my glasses after every use, then swing them around until dry. I also keep them in the box they came in.

What about you?

Resilings

only if it's loire