Those of Veeky Forums who like eggplant, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Those of Veeky Forums who like eggplant, what the fuck is wrong with you?
>literally bland, no flavor
>shitty texture
>looks like a nig nog's cock
>no point in eating it for the health benefits because you need to fry it in oil just for it to taste decent
>smells like ass
How could you do this to yourself?

Other urls found in this thread:

marktanner.com/sudan-recipes/aswad.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>eggplant

An hero you retarded shart

Two questions. Are you an expert on cocks and do you know what every ass smells like?

You don't have to fry it, you can cook it down into an unrecognizable bland mush, too.

not even OP, but come on guys those aren't arguments...

I mean. You can pretty much say the same thing about alot of veggies. Some are great by themselves. Others need preparation to become beautiful. It's hard to find people who eat plain boiled potatoes for the same reason.

OP's post is just an opinion. Why argue it?

Eggplants contain a lot of moisture and can absorb a lot of flavour. That makes it a pretty versatile ingredient.

Also their texture is good fuck you.

Hünkar motherfucking Beğendi

Make this before you hate on eggplant.

>it's an americans can't taste something not smothered in sugar and salt episode

OBSESSED.

DIABETIC

>health benefits

Eggplant has almost no nutritional content, it's mostly water and fiber, and not much fiber at that

Those of Veeky Forums who hate eggplant, what the fuck is wrong with you?
>cooks quickly
>succulent
>convenient shape that lends itself to many cuts
>can be fried (battered even) or grilled, or absorb the flavour of any stew or sauce with that succulent texture
>no unpleasant smell
How could you continue to behave like a petulant child?

Lots of sexual hangups for a vegetable thread.

There's more to food than just those basic nutrients. There's still loads of chemicals and interactions not fully understood. The wee bit of nicotine may be somewhat beneficial:

Quik M, Perez XA, Bordia T. Nicotine as a potential neuroprotective agent for Parkinson’s disease. Mov
Disord. 2012;27(8):947–57.

Siegmund B, Leitner E, Pfannhauser W. Determination of the nicotine content of various edible nightshades
(Solanaceae) and their products and estimation of the associated dietary nicotine intake. J Agric Food Chem.
1999;47(8):3113–20.

Brody AL, Mandelkern MA, London ED, et al. Cigarette smoking saturates brain alpha 4 beta 2 nicotinic
acetylcholine receptors. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2006;63(8):907–15.

Searles Nielsen S, Gallagher LG, Lundin JI, et al. Environmental tobacco smoke and Parkinson’s disease.
Mov Disord. 2012;27(2):293–6.

Siegmund B, Leitner E, Pfannhauser W. Determination of the nicotine content of various edible nightshades
(Solanaceae) and their products and estimation of the associated dietary nicotine intake. J Agric Food Chem.
1999;47(8):3113–20.

Nielsen SS, Franklin GM, Longstreth WT, Swanson PD, Checkoway H. Nicotine from edible Solanaceae and
risk of Parkinson disease. Ann Neurol. 2013;74(3):472–7.

Nielsen SS, Franklin GM, Longstreth WT, Swanson PD, Checkoway H. Nicotine from edible Solanaceae and
risk of Parkinson disease. Ann Neurol. 2013;74(3):472–7.

But I agree it's not worth buying from a grocery store. I gladly accept it for free.

Well perhaps we're wondering why someone would write a thread about phallic vegetables without making innuendo

Eggplant is one of the most versatile vegetables, besides potatoes. You can use it in nearly any dish to replace something else, it' can be baked, stuffed, roasted, sauced, stewed, fried, used in place of noodles in lasagna, in curries, as a seasoned puree for holding other components of a dish, rolled around other fillings to make little pocket of goodness.....and the list goes on.
Eggplant (or aubergine to some people) is glorious.
My only problem with eggplant (and it's just a personal thing) is that it's a nightshade plant, like tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, tomatillos, ground cherries, and goji berries. I can eat a little of them, but too much gives me awful gastrointestinal issues.

If I took the McChicken off the menu, would you die?

It would be extremely tasteless

>you need to cook and season if for it to taste good
Wow, what a shitty ingredient.

I'll take what is europe (&russia) for 200points

It needs patience and talent to cook properly, unappealing to fast food culture
Middle easterners make good use of eggplants, check their cuisine

>no flavor
smokers aren't allowed to discuss about a sense they lost decades ago

Opinions are the only thing worth arguing over, you fucking retard. What's the point arguing over facts that are already proven true?

I grill the fuck out of them and eat them with rice.
You really are fucking desperate for that daily dose of (you)s?

Don't know about you, but I'm not a shitskin and I refuse to appropriate their food culture...

>nd I refuse to appropriate their food culture...

Willful and deliberate ignorance is always a sad thing.

That's an aubergine, but I agree, they're like slightly bitter wet sponges but they add colour and texture. I do use courgettes a lot though

0/10, try harder

OBESE

Aubergine is absolutely delicious, genuinely god tier vegetable.

Wait what? I'm dead serious there ya cunt

Still 0/10, maybe you should give up trolling

Nigger I'm clueless. That's not a troll? At least well me which part triggered you. I'm not a murifag so it's an aubergine to me. They taste slightly bitter, and have a weird texture. But if you add it to a dish like the stroganoff ripoff I often make it's a good and cheap way to add a colour and texture. But I like courgettes a lot more. Better now?

they take the flavor of what they're cooked in, you need to use more spices

>him telling you you're a troll is the part where he trolls you.
the reason I hate everyone on the internet, and always suspect every single one talking to me as being a troll, rather than the stupid fuck they probably are.

Oh I'm an idiot. cheers. That was driving me nuts.

Enough to prove you wrong

pit them in the oven you knob

make baba ganoush

Found this heirloom sicilian eggplant at the market.
Sweeter and creamier and less seeds, made an awesome caponata.
Didn't even realize eggplant had heirloom varieties too.

Eggplants are awesome, fuck OP.

Didn't even realize eggplant had heirloom varieties too.

Really? You think monsanto or dupont had a focus group to try to invent an eggplant? Do fucking millennials really believe all their vegetables were developed from scratch in a lab?

i eat them raw, like an apple

>Really? You think monsanto or dupont had a focus group to try to invent an eggplant?
nigger virtually any vegetable or fruit grown today has changed significantly over the several thousand years it was cultivated you dont need monsanto or GMOs for that. heirloom plants are simply plants that aren't the most-used cultivar

pic related is a wild carrot

for anyone that likes eggplant, or knows of their uses:
I'm interested in trying it. No idea what to do with one/what it would go with/how to cook it.
What do?
Also what properties does it have? Saw something about being able to absorb flavor what else?

i'm a kitchen pleb but

i like slicing them up (bout as thick as your little finger maybe less), put them on a plate coated in oil salt and spices and put that in the oven until they lose most of their moisture and have soaked up the spiciness.

Eggplant is incredibly versatile, but it's also very, VERY easy to get wrong. Particularly because it absorbs oil (and other liquids) and can easily turn into a soggy mush (which is good for some recipes and bad for others). If he isn't baiting, OP is either a shit cook who can't manage eggplant or only ate if from shit cooks. But here are some suggestions for what to do:

- baba ganoush (broil or grill eggplant, mush it up with tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt)
- moroccan eggplant salad (eggplant, white onion, and tomato pan-cooked with lemon juice, parsley, cilantro, chili pepper of choice, salt)
- sliced eggplant baked in olive oil (drizzled with tahini, honey, and/or yogurt)
- lebanese-style stuffed eggplant (cook ground beef, tomato paste, onion, pepper of choice, paprika, garlic, fresh parsley, pine nuts, dash of cinnamon if you want, spoon into hollowed-out eggplant halves, bake, serve with sauce of yogurt, pomegranate seeds, garlic, pine nuts)

The last one is my own recipe and it's really, REALLY good. Huge crowd-pleaser.

It's really nice if you like mushy things.
Just because the flavour is subtle doesn't make it bland.
Tastes fine.
Is filling.
Is not a pan pizza or a donut.

Works for me.

Eggplant doesn't even have to be mushy. If you purge it properly, it can come out rather firm and can even be cooked to be crispy (though it that case I'm not sure why you're really making eggplant).

Oh yeah, the eggplant salad and stuffed eggplant require olive oil too.

This is a good recipe from Sudan too, though next time I do it I'd probably sub tahini - marktanner.com/sudan-recipes/aswad.htm

ratatouille

>literally bland, no flavor
it's not super flavorful but it has a nice savory flavor similar to mushrooms
>shitty texture
if you don't cook it long enough or cut it properly, that makes the texture a lot worse
>looks like a nig nog's cock
k
>no point in eating it for the health benefits because you need to fry it in oil just for it to taste decent
you can bake it with only a little bit of oil, but oil isn't inherently bad for you as long as you aren't consuming too much
>smells like ass
it doesn't really smell like much