Keto-approved meals?

What's up Veeky Forums, I'm trying to get Veeky Forums so I'm on the keto meme, but I don't have any idea about what meals I can cook that are filling and are low carb. I know cheese, nuts, and meat = good, but what are some things to replace starches?

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/ck/thread/S8882605
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>what are some things to replace starches?
lots of leafy greens and veg.

Also don't forget oils and fats, they are crucial.

What additional oils do I need? I usually eat a lot of almonds and pecans for my fat since they're really fat efficient.

whatever you like
I do lots of cooking with bacon grease and avocado oil

>but what are some things to replace starches?
spaghetti squash

I recommend swapping out almonds for some walnuts, pine nuts or pumpkin seeds. The stuff I get has 1-2g net carbs per serving, almonds have almost twice as much.

Sounds delicious/expensive. I can't wait to start cooking!

julienne zucchini or thin sliced cabbage sorta work. Nothing will truly replace carb ingredients tbqfh.

Anyone have experience with low carb breads that are full of fiber? I've been thinking about it, but its hella expensive.

heat a bunch of meat and non-starchy veggies in a pan.

smother in a rich sauce.

YouTube the Keto king. So many bread recipes which usually involve lots of seeds and psyllium husk

Before paleo I'd only eaten like 10 salads in my entire 28 year life. Now I eat them almost every day and I actually enjoy them.

Pic related are actually really good. Also, look up Fathead pizza if you haven't already.

When I was eating keto I grilled a lot of meat on the weekend and ate it throughout the week with spinach salad, egg salad, cauliflower, and stir fries. Pic related, some lamb ribs

Meant to refer to these Mission Carb Balance tortillas with the first "pic related"

I can already imagine the chicken and cheese tortilla wraps

you don't "replace" starches, you just go without

anyway try an omelette with cheese and veggies

>keto
is it kino?

I've been doing keto for ~15 days and have dropped 9 pounds (didn't count the initial waterweight loss). I've lost much more on it in the past. You shouldn't be hungry enough to eat more than 2 meals a day if you're properly doing keto. I eat a lot of bacon and eggs (Trader Joe's bacon ends and pieces are affordable and delicious, highly recommended, pic related). I also really like Fathead pizza, which I didn't expect to. I'm eating a steak right now. Chicken breast is boring as fuck but that's always an option. If you want to treat yourself get some wings (assuming you like them) but make sure to check the macros from restaurants before getting them, some seasonings have many carbs. If I'm having a sweet craving I eat a tablespoon of natural peanut butter with no added sugar. If you're craving fast food order a burger and discard the bun. It's messy but very filling.

anyone try the fathead dough recipe?

I posted about my first experience with it (with pics) here

warosu.org/ck/thread/S8882605

I've tried it. Way better than the cauliflower crust. Give it a shot

Can I do keto if I'm allergic to peanuts/nuts?

Sure. Keto simply means cutting carbs. It doesn't mean forcing yourself to eat nuts.

What does your diet look like? Was it hard to cut out carbs? I eat a lot of pasta and I love it but want to try keto

>What does your diet look like?
I'm not on Keto. I eat everything.

>Was it hard to cut out carbs?
I have no idea, I haven't tried it. It sounds kind of silly to me. What's wrong with just eating whatever you want, just LESS of it?

The point of keto is getting your body to burn fat instead of sugars

sugars are easier for your body to burn for energy but generally worse for your health.

So if sugars are available in any significant amount (in the form of carbs or w/e) your body will switch to burning those instead of fats and oils.

Keto is a very good diet for losing weight because of this, but I also like to eat a mostly keto diet just because carbs make me feel foggy and lethargic, whereas when I eat mostly proteins and veg I feel like my energy level stays even and high throughout the day.

So that's the point of it. You can have a tiny amount of carbs and still keep your body in ketosis (which is the state where it's burning ketones instead of carbs and sugars) but anything more than a very small amount will knock your body out of ketosis and retard your progress

cool, shits expensive but this makes life a little better

Nuts aren't required, but they're a staple to a lot of keto recipes. If you're just looking to eat though, you'll be fine with cheeses, bacon, and leafy vegetables.

>The point of keto is getting your body to burn fat instead of sugars

Yes, I'm familiar with the concept of Keto and how it works. I'm just not sure why someone would choose to do that instead of just eating less food.

Since fat is always present, using that as an energy source usually means having higher amounts of energy usually.