Do different types of alcohol get you drunk at different speeds or is that just a myth?

Do different types of alcohol get you drunk at different speeds or is that just a myth?

I always feel like gin creeps up on me

alcohol by volume is all that matters

people who are like "oh whiskey makes me do this, tequila makes me do this etc" are retards

drunk is drunk

>people who are like "oh whiskey makes me do this, tequila makes me do this etc" are retards
I know this, but amount of time to get drunk is a different thing. I've heard the amount of congeners affects it or something

I feel like drinking straight everclear would get you fucked a little quicker than drinking a couple of amaretto sours

Forgot to comment on this, but same. People that have emotional attachment to specific blends of spirits just need to drink long island iced teas or bud light grape-a-ritas and give it a fucking rest/relax a little

>I always feel like gin creeps up on me
That is because if you are drinking gin and tonics it is very easy to drink loads of it in a short period of time and pour stronger measures than you are used to. Been there before.

As for different kinds of drunk, I think that is down to what environment you are drinking in. If I am drinking alone I will have a couple of beers or a few whiskies and just sit and enjoy the buzz feeling very relaxed playing video games or something. If I am out drinking with friends I will start with a few pints then move on to vodka lemonade or some shit and it will be a very different night - lots of laughing and chatting about stupid shit to each other.

Idk if this counts, but any time i drink something alcoholic thats sweeter then cider i have to puke.

Wine and champagne make me emotional, tequila makes me violent. Everything else is fine for some reason.

Have you ever had Cisco? I feel like there's some undisclosed ingredients in that shit

The CIA secretly puts crack in those

Besides abv, time and place also affect how drunk you feel. It's true, you can look it up.

>red flavor
I assume that's cherry or cream?

No it's red flavored

Drunk is drunk you autistic faggot.

aka set and setting.

there are different types of alchohol that are in different ratios in different drinks

so yeah

I call bullshit. My ex-wife and I were drinking buddies. Red wine, beer, even the occasional mixed drink, and she was fine. But, she became a raving, fucking, lunatic on straight scotch. So much so that I refused to be around her if that's what she was drinking.

It's the amount of sugar your consuming. I can't drink ciders or that alcoholic soda garbage; it puts my stomach in knots.

people drink at different which produces different results

If you drink 80 proof vodka in half the time you drink 80 proof gin, because of taste or the way you're mixing it, you'll get drunk in half the time and your behavior will be different.

This is why people may claim that certain spirits lead to different outcomes than others.

Consumed at the same rate, there is no difference in being drunk on vodka or on gin.

There are more compounds in alcohol than just 100% ethyl alcohol. isoamyl alcohol, isobutanol, and propanol are all found in tequila, for example.

you get less hung over from light liquor
vodka, rum, gin, absynthe, pure ethanol... just goes down smoother than that thick brown shit

well liquor is indeed quicker than beer or wine, but if you mean what brand or what style, no
all that matters is the proof, your body weight, how much is in your stomach, and some other mostly minor things that don't have to do with the drink itself

I drink four loko specifically because one can has exactly the correct amount of alcohol to get me to blissfully drunk without vomiting.

Well yeah. Scotch has a higher alcohol content than red wine or beer. That's what the guy said. Alcohol by volume is the only thing that matters.

It's because of the sugars in whiskey or scotch wine and beer that make the hangover worse

>tfw have to buy 43% or higher or I simply wont be able to get drunk

each diff brand of alcohol gives me a diff kind of high when im drunk. some make me more ezily angered, others give me a weed-like high where im just =]]]] the entire time where i could never be mad @ anything, and others mix of both
did u try 4 urself?

I feel like sugary drinks make your hangover worse

Technically it's essentially bullshit, HOWEVER, wine has a bunch of methylated spirits, gin and other distilled spirits have ethyl acetate and other alcohols that make you feel "different". The other chemicals in ethanol will make you feel funny, but they don't work together.

that's a myth.

Not according to

Hangovers are related to hydration. If you pickle your body it aches. Sugar doesn't play a factor other than its something that dissolves in water.so it dehydrates you.

>It's because of the sugars in whiskey or scotch wine and beer

Red wine gives a worse hangover because of the lees in it, the contaminants.
Theoretically the same could apply to dark liquors from leftover bits of barrel, to a lesser extent.

Hangover is dehydration first and foremost, though.

There are 3 classes: Beer (3-7%), Wine (8-14%), and Spirits (30-50%). A 4th if you consider cordials (15-30%), but no one drinks cordials unless it's Christmas.

Beer, Wine, and Spirits all give me different sensations. I say this as someone who went off the assumption that ethanol alcohol is ethanol alcohol regardless of what form it comes in for a long time. Beer-drunk, Wine-drink, and Spirits-drunk are legitimately different.

With beer, I feel like I'm falling backwards. With wine, I get a headrush. And with Spirits, I feel motionless.

I believe this has to do with the "impurities" as they're called. In a 5% beer, you have 95% not-alcohol. In a 14% wine, you have 86% not-alcohol. In a 40% whisky, you have 60% not-alcohol.

The sensation of being "high" on alcohol as it were is still largely the same, but there are subtle differences.

>I believe this has to do with the "impurities" as they're called. In a 5% beer, you have 95% not-alcohol. In a 14% wine, you have 86% not-alcohol. In a 40% whisky, you have 60% not-alcohol.

That is not what impurities are you colossal retard.

I'm sorry I don't run a distillery and I'm not totally well-versed the lingo. My understand was, when they distill spirit (and initially they have 60-80% alcohol), the "purity" was the alcohol, and the "impurity" was what they started out with.

That's why you're retarded, yes.

>Try Rum and Coke for the first time a few years back with a friend of mine at his apartment, planning on playing MtG
>Running late, give them a heads up
>Arrive, she says she made mine strong "So I could catch up to them"
>Get a wee bit fucked
>They start fighting
>Realize Im way too fucked to get out of their yet
I avoid Rum now, because of that, but I do like my white russians

Depends on how you drink it. If you drink on an empty stomach, you get the effects of alcohol quicker because it's able to reach your small intestine faster. A lot of alcohols are drank alone, but some are drank paired with foods. Also how you prepare the drink effects it to if you like straight whiskey vs margaritas.

anyone who acts differently depending on the kind of alcohol is probably acting up deliberately.

I don't think it's very clever or smart to drink, actually, I want to stay in control.

>I do like my white russians

Which is why sugar in drinks makes it worse

It just speeds up dehydrating you because now your body is trying to get rid of that as well on top of the alcohol

People use "cordials"/liqueurs all the time in mixed drinks.

Aw yee, drinking while playing MtG is the best way to do it.

Mixing different types of alcohol doesn't do shit and there is no such things as "whisky drunk", "Tequila drunk", etc.

People just happen to drink different types of alcohol in different settings so they think there's a correlation between their behavior and the type of alcohol they are drinking. It's faulty logic.

Is this real?

craig go home

Those look like they're for cartoon children from the 1980s.