Pizza dough

Alright cu/cks, we're gonna make pizza.

Other urls found in this thread:

varasanos.com/PizzaRecipe.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'll be following AB's "pizza pizza" recipe. So... 280 g flour, 3/4 cup water, 1 T kosher salt, 1 T olive oil, 2t yeast (I'm using 4 T of starter as a guess substitution)

We give that the 'ol mixa mixa for 10 minutes.

And we end up with a lovely dough.

good luck user!

You take that dough out of the bowl, knead it by hand a bit more, oil it up real good, and throw it in the fridge for 18 hours for a bulk ferment.

I'll see you cu/cks tomorrow where we'll discuss toppings and the merits of canned/homemade sauces.

you didnt do a leaven? just added sourdough starter?

I would have done 20% leaven ~200g then do around 65% hydration 2.5% salt and ~3.0% evo and retard overnight

good luck user, please don't turn this into one of those horrible threads where you put like cough syrup and and meth on the pizza.

Starter has wild yeast in it.

I just realized I left out the sugar. I'll make the sauce a little sweeter. Recipe calls for 2T but I would have only added 1T anyway. Salt is more important in pizza crust than sugar, imo.

This makes enough for 2 pizzas, but I will probably only make 1 pizza and bake the other half as a loaf... Or keep for a second pizza in a couple days.

Is there a reason you keep leaving random stuff in the periphery of these photos?

Blink twice if you're being held hostage
I speak and spell of a sleeper cell in the hospice

varasanos.com/PizzaRecipe.htm

*blink*

I just realized I followed a recipe off food network.com that will probably only make one pizza. The recipe on altons site is better. Its the one I've used before. It calls for almost 700 grams of flour. The food network one calls for 2 cups which I converted to 280 g.

I can't wait for tomorrow.
I think it'll probably come out fine. But ill use the AB website version in the future. And I recommend anyone following along at home to do the same.

Omg its Wednesday. Today I the day! Now I just have to wait patiently like a GoodBoy™ for about 10 more hours!

During the day I'm gonna figure out some sauce work. And sautee the mushrooms. Dis ting gonna be quadruple quatrofoglio™, man.

Why are you waiting an entire day user? Don't you wait one hour for the dough to rise, then punch it out and put it together, then wait a half an hour before you bake it?

are you a male(female)?

female(male)*

>Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

Nice try.

I associate as doughkin.

w-what
does that mean you have a feminine benis

Cool thread. I make pizza all time can never make it perfectly round which annoys me, any tips?

I've only managed a perfect circle a couple times. I think the trick is creating an edge by pulling the edges first, then stretching evenly with the back of your hands.

Looks nice OP. I love making pizza whenever I have the chance. I find kneading quite relaxing. I usually just put whatever vegetable I have in my fridge. Keep it up.

Thats a big oven

Some Italian recipes call for very slow leavening, I once went to a pizzeria that boasted its dough to be left sitting for 36 hours, it was nice. But you are right, if you let it sit for at least one hour you should be good to go.

It looks nice, user. Would eat.

for u

If you're using wild yeast you need to let it rise at least 24 hours. But even with active dry yeast, the flavor is dramatically improved letting it rise in the refrigerator at least overnight.

It helps gluten development too, drastically. Its the only way I know of to get a dough that is so robust you can throw it in the air, and catch it on a finger and keep it spinning. Non-rested doughs will just tear. Dough like this comes out of the fridge like a big fucking ball of silly putty.

Cut it into a perfect circle

You need to apply saliva to the outer crust, the chemicals in your spit will activate a lipid which rounds out uneven areas. Thank me later.

That dough is way too thick imo, I like my pizza thin and crusty.
Pic related.

thoughts on pre-baking the base at a lower heat before adding the toppings and properly baking it at max temps?

got a so-so electric oven that can go up to 460, and i can never consistently get a well browned and crunchy bottom + crust.

If you're going through all the effort of making your own pizza dough and then decide to open a jar of shit and slap in on your dough and wa la then kys.

Making a fresh pasta sauce is so fucking easy and tastes a million times better, everyone things the sauce doesn't matter but it's really the flavor center of a pizza. You can't make a good pizza without a good sauce.

4 jews

>'ol mixa mixa
Chef John is that you?

2 eggs.
1 head of cauliflower.
Blend until liquid.
Spread out onto cooking sheet, bake until doughy.
Add toppings, bake until done.

Somebody post it.

Always remember, I am the Chef John - of being user.

I know this is a hipster faggot question, but have you folks ever made a decent gluten free pizza crust? All of mine turn out crispy on the outside but uncooked doughy in the middle and they are thin crust too
I know glutens better but im coeliac

no one cares what you like faggo

How does this compare to regular crust? Can you describe the flavor a bit?

Alright. Op back in the hizzy. Some white knighting fagmod b& me for 24 hours for posting something hilarious.... Thanks to all who bumped.

The last pic I posted was an old picture of a round pizza. The on I made yesterday did not come out as round, but was even more delicious.

>tfw the dough comes out perfect after a 24 hour bulk ferment.

Whip letting your dough hit room temp from the fridge, and while preheating your he profile convection oven to 550, its a good time to sautee some mushrooms

Precooking the shrooms and finishing them with a little butter does two things. 1 - it cooks out moisture so you dont getta da soggy pie. 2 - it makes them fucking delicioso.

Now I meant to get a picture of the dough and toppings in different stages, but I got excited and rushed through it.

To sum up what you NEED TO KNOW... Pesto, mushrooms, more mushrooms, all the mushrooms, moz.

The dough stretched well and I was exceedingly happy with how it turned out.

When coming off the peel the front lip of the pizza didn't quite fit. I have 6, 6*6 baking stones, and most of my pies exhibit this problem where they are just slightly too big to fit. When I can find a slightly larger baking stone on the cheap I may get it, but these six separate stones are nice and was, won't crack, and are pretty light.

1 quarter was left as plain cheese for the little people that I live with, who haven't grown into good food yet. However one of them did ask for a slice of mushrrom after finishing a plain piece and after exclaiming that it was the most delicious thing ever, ate the whole thing.

550 for about 8 minutes on full blast convection fucking rocked this pizza. The crust was amazing. Nice browning underneath.

T H I C C

More gratuitous pictures of the second tastiest thing I've ever had in my mouth.

Dinner yall. Don't hate me because you're jelly as hell.

And because I know you want it... Here is a shot of the browning on the bottom.

I am a huge fan of the starter + bulk ferment that I used. It yields the most delicious crust.

If using the AB recipe I would suggest cutting the salt by 1/3. It can be a little salty, but its delicious anyway.

There is a special place in hell for people like you.

get_rekt

Shape the dough into a ball by doing that cupping and twisting thing, then let it relax for a bit so that you're starting off from a nice even round. Then press it out really gradually, rotating it around robotically so you're only ever pushing it by a small amount in each direction. Same with the stretching, take your time and let it rest on the counter if it's pulling away too fast to control.

kek'd

Jesus, nice bread with some toppings. Where's the pizza?

Jealous peeps BTFO

This is amazing. I have a new goal in life.

> that guy in the background swatting flies

What is T? what is t? Can't you just write the measurements properly

You both are right, the longer it sits, the tastier the final product will get.

Try using a preheated cast iron skillet or pizza stone

T (uppercase T) is Tablespoon. You can remember it because it is BIGGER.

t (lowercase t) is teaspoon. You can remember it because it is smaller.

There are three teaspoon (t) in a Tablespoon (T).

Most recipes are written following this style and its just faster to write out since tablespoon and teaspoon are quite large words.

Commit this to memory. You will use it thousands of times during your life, even if you only read a recipe once a week.

Tbsp and tsp seems better desu.

In that one sentence, that's already 5 extra letters. In a recipe you might be talking about 30 extra letters especially if you are talking about a spice rub that is 2 t of this and 3 T of that.

No thanks.

i suspect it's just some native advertisement.

Kek'd

And you just hit keys on your keyboard over 100 times to make that post.

Yeah but I was educating a fool. Its subjective how worth it that post (and this post by extension) will have ever been.

500 g flour
11 g instant yeast
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
3 tbsp olive oil
1 1/3 cups warm water

Knead untill uniform & let rise covered for 1/2 - 1 hour
Cut it up (makes 2 medium of 4 personal pizzas) & either use right away or freeze

Kek