God I fucking love swiss cheese

God I fucking love swiss cheese
Easily the best popular cheese
Perfect thing to eat straight out of the fridge
Swiss cheese appreciation thread

Swiss cheese and crackers is fucking great. One of my favorite meals on a weekend.

Fuck you.

Pepper jack is the best of the normie cheeses

I'd like a
>High Tier
>Mid Tier
>Low Tier
>Normie Tier
list out of this thread if possible.

Like, a tier list of the normie cheeses or cheese in general? Or types of swiss cheese?

Cheese in general.

I do agree with you. Swiss is great.

When I was a kid my mom sent me to be babysat for a weekend and all I'd eat was swiss cheese and made my sitter very concerned.

A couple years ago when I was poor as fuck and hadn't eaten in a few days, my mom bought me a 1lb brick of Swiss cheese. I took it out of the wrapper, set it on a plate, and ate it with a fork and knife.

what kind of swiss cheese is that?
FYI maasdamer is the GOAT cheese

This is my provisional list. Smoked or aged bumps hard cheeses up a tier.

>High Tier
Maasdam
Manchego
Roquefort
St Andre

>Mid Tier
Brie
Feta
Gouda
Harvati
Parmigiano-Reggiano
Pecorino

>Low Tier
Mozzarella
Provolone
Swiss

>Normie Tier
Cheddar
Monterey Jack
Pepper Jack

>Shit Tier
American

Mozzarella, Swiss and Gouda ARE normie tier

why is manchego in high tier?
also what exactly is "swiss cheese"? as far as i know there's lots of different swiss cheeses.
also no appenzeller of gruyere?

Swiss cheese is a normie cheese found in America. It's literally just labeled as "Swiss" and it is some variety of cheese that has eyes in it.

ok, thanks for the info.
i'm guessing it's mild in flavour?

Yeah it's practically plastic depending on the vendor

surprisingly, this is a definitive tier from user

I've never got this label of "swiss" cheese. Do you mean gruyere, emmentaler, raclette, etc.? There isn't just one fucking "swiss" cheese. Even flyovers born after 1980 realize this.

Not gonna lie...this is a top notch cheese-tier list. I can tell you thought it through.

manchego is really good

>industrial made cheeses like St André in high tier

Manchego is also my favorite, eaten with some balsamic reduction. Got DAM is that good

Fucking Maasdamer and Gouda over parmesan?
I strongly believe you come from a country where those are kind of exclusive because they are maximum pleb tier in every place where they are easily available.

i mean they are solid on good bread but fucking hell there are wonderful cheeses outside there user

Gruyer and Comte should be high tier.
Also Tallegio is missing from the upper tiers.

if you dont think Muenster is top tier then you truly are lost

>Gouda
>Mid tier
You haven't tasted the flavourful Old Amsterdam Gouda yet.

Meh, I think it matters more who's making the cheese than the 'tier' of cheese. I'd agree American cheese is garbage tier, but that's not even cheese so I don't think it counts.

why do it have holes