New Dish Cookalong

My significant other and I are temporarily living in different countries, but wanted to do something nice together. So we made shakshuka! I wanted to give something back to Veeky Forums because we always read each other Veeky Forums posts and have a lot of fun on this board. Picture dump commencing. I'll start first.

I forgot to include the harissa in this picture -- I got some from a Pakistani place nearby.

If you're cooking a dish for the first time, feel free to post in this thread.

Some basic prep, got a thicc fresh jalapeno and some jarred roasted red pepper.

Get that shit HOT

Put some tomato paste in there before the jalapenos get too cooked

Adding the harissa after adding some water and mixing it around. There was some bits of carbon in my skillet (I just left it, wanted to impart a smoky taste) so it kinda looks like pepper. I'm the type of person who loves my bratwurst black and crisp on the outside, so I'm cool with it.

>inb4 carcinogens

All mixed up and ready to simmer! The harissa had a bunch of crushed red pepper in it, I think they make it in-house. (REALLY spicy!)

I learned a new cocktail yesterday so I got some stuff to make it. For me, it's the Wisconsin Badger. Brandy, cherry schnapps, and cranberry juice.

I didn't take a picture of my ingredients cause I'm a fag. Here's that shit chopped up. Not pictured: me crying like a bitch cause I cut myself

Fuck, it didn't autorotate. Sorry. Here's some good WISCONSIN cheese. I got a Mediterranean feta blend.

Fuck I made too much pepper and onion mix. Oh well, I split half off and I'll make a sandwich tomorrow or something. Oh right, the chilis in my last pic at bird eye. Shit is HOT

Egg status: CRACKED

got some egg white bubbles goin on

simmer the fuck outta that shit

I put in offensive amounts of harrissa paste, tomato puree, paprika and the chilis. Then fried that for a couple mins. Then added tinned tomatoes and garlic powder. Gotta let that shit warm up

add.... the entire thing of feta, because I'm from Wisconsin.

Sharp observers will notice that the scorpion pepper cheese hasn't been used; that was a snack beforehand.

"garnish"

more red pepper flakes and oregano (forgot to buy fresh parsley)

Why is it so dark?!

I added the eggs. I usually flip eggs so having to do them sunny side up is weird and foreign to me

Done. It doesn't really look like much, but it's fucking eggs in tomato sauce after all.

Sprinkle on some parsley. Yaaaaas

Done! Incoming filthy yolk-shots

You fucking filthy cunt

Yeah, it looks disgusting, but is absolutely delicious. Here we are doing our cookalong on webcam.

That's me done. Make some fucking shakshuka Veeky Forums

I'm done as well! Would abso-fucking-lutely recommend. Especially if you like spicy shit.

Ingredients used for me:
Can of tomato paste
3 eggs
1 roasted red pepper
1 big-ass jalapeno
4 little plastic thingys of harissa
some garlic powder
some cumin
a dash of extra virgin olive oil
some red pepper flakes (for garnish)
some oregano (for garnish)
a whole lot of feta (for garnish)