Is it bad to only eat 2 large meals a day?

is it bad to only eat 2 large meals a day?

this is a habit i've developed because my college schedule the past few years have had me in class from 11am - 5pm continuously.

No, it's not bad, per se. As long as you aren't going over your caloric needs, it doesn't matter at what time of the day you consume them.

The human race would have died thousands of year ago if the breakfast lunch, dinner schedule wasn't created. user, if you keep this up, you're surely going to die.

>As long as you aren't going over your caloric needs

no, i've actually lost weight and pretty much got rid of snacking by simply not buying snacks.

my appetite has shrunk a lot, to the point that having a muffin and a cup of makes me feel full. whereas in the past this was simply a mid-day snack meal for me.

it's ok, i just want to die thinner and healthier than my family.

Bump
Im also interested in how healthy different meal spacing/meal numbers are
I tend to eat two to three meals about the same number of calories from like 5pm to midnight

I do 100 calories in the morning
80-130 calories around lunch
220 calories mid afternoon
and between like 300-550 calories for dinner
sometimes I mix it up tho

>1000 cal daily

trying to lose weight, reached my goal (12 pounds ago), and decided to continue doing that for the feeling of control it gives me

>for the feeling of control it gives me

That, my friend, is how food issues manifest themselves.

Don't do this, OP. I've become anorexic because of this.

I guess so desu. I'm not too worried about it, since if I get too thin I can always just eat more

Breakfast is a meme. If anything, I have a fruit smoothie drink.
Well, I'm sorry to hear that. But it can be a good way for some to lose weight.

Same situation. Probably lost around 5-10 pounds since I first started college. Not bad per se but I find myself skipping a lot of calories if I get too absorbed in work.

OP here.

i've typically gained weight in the summer, usually 20 lb, and then lose it plus some in the fall/winter.

my family are fat fucks, and im afraid to go back home.

Sounds rough to yo-yo like that. Family is asian with high metabolism so no one is overweight. I still get a lot of flak for being underweight, but they're probably just worried about my health. Do you get crap from your family or something?

ur pic made me crumb

>Family is asian

so is mine, but they're fully americanized.

>Do you get crap from your family or something?

no, i just hate that my family isn't as good looking as other families.

>but they're probably just worried about my health.

yea, same here. i was overfed as a child and teen, so i was a fat-ass in high school. it's going to take a while before asian families realize fat isn't healthy.

remember to pray to zyzz for them gains.

6 hours per day was so taxing that you had to skip meals? Grow up

Uh weight loss from calories deficits are supposed to be from like 300-500 calorie deficit if I remember corecctly otherwise your body goes into starvation mode

I eat one meal a day.

>otherwise your body goes into starvation mode

please stop this is so embarrassing

While eating throughout the day can certainly help your metabolism, at that point your either A) such a fat fuck that literally anything helps you lose weight because your body is desperately trying to survive or B) you've cut a bunch of weight and you've hit a plateau

If you're just an average dude eat whenever you want. Just stay within caloric limits for your BMI.

Starvation mode is activated when your body does not have enough glucose and/or a reliable source of energy to feed on. if user is getting 1,000 good calories of protein, fat, and carbs (vegetables included), he has nothing to worry about. Most starvation occur when people eat a high protein, very low fat diet. The body can convert protein into sugar, but the process itself is grueling and the result is rabbit starvation, which is deadly.

its not bad, you just may be putting yourself at a disadvantage in some situations. You need to eat for energy. I usually only eat 2 meals throughout the day as well. I notice if I'm being physical later in the day the hunger can affect my ability. As far as weight gain its calories in and calories out.

>in class continuously from 11am - 5pm

there's nothing about skipping meals

maybe you shouldn't have skipped english classes to stuff your fat ass full of pizza and hamburgers, then you might have some measure of reading comprehension

But OP clearly states he only eats 2 meals a day as a direct result of his class schedule, the implication obviously being that he thinks he should be having more meals. I don't know why you attacked my English comprehension when yours is the one at fault.

it's called intermittent fasting. as long as you get proper nutrients from your meals, you should be fine.

it is bad
a lot of people have the mindset of intermittent fasting or shit like that, but the thing is that your body is continuously running and always needs nutrients
it doesn't reset at midnight when you sleep or any shit like that, when people say you need like 2000 calories a day to lose weight, that is only a guideline and needs to be taken in throughout the day
if you take all 2000 calories in one or 2 sittings you wont feel as good or get as many benefits as someone who spaces it out
you should be fine with 2 meals a day since most people say 3

1 meal a day wont feel good

Same situation here, except for a small breakfast and snack at noon since classes started early.
I lose around 10 pounds whenever the semester finishes, then quickly gain it back at home. Not the healthiest lifestyle but it could be worse.

>taxing
>when most professors don't let you eat during class

Me too. Wanna be BFFs ?