Cakes

Hey guys, my birthday is coming up and I am trying to figure out what kind of cake I want. Any suggestions of great cakes you've had or have heard of?

Other urls found in this thread:

snaped.fns.usda.gov/seasonal-produce-guide
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Carrot cake

My favorite is coconut cream cake

German Chocolate or Pineapple Upside-Down Cake

Carrot cake is ass

Lemon snow or black forest

I really only like carrot cake for the icing.
Do you usually make it yourself or do you order one from a bakery?

I always make it myself, not a lot of good bakeries around me

Rum cakes are amazing.

Maple cake. Use both maple syrup and maple sugar.

Birthday cake :3

In Denmark we have a small tradition for serving danish pastry men/women instead of a real cake at kids birthsday parties.
...a few do it as adults.

They're made in many different shapes and forms, depending on what type of danish pastry you like, and then we put candy around it for decoration, and tiny Danish flags.

They're great if you hold the birthsday party at an early hour, and serve coffee and tea.

Well first do you want cake cake or cheesecake?
What flavors do you like?

If you like fruits, the following are some in season now or very soon since we're around the crosspoint of Spring/Summer: Blackberries, Blueberries, Strawberries, Key/Limes, Peaches, Honeydew Melon, Cantaloupe, Mango, Kiwifruit, Apricots.
snaped.fns.usda.gov/seasonal-produce-guide

Napoleon, hands do what, make it with condensed milk instead of frosting thank me later

Torte with lots of fruits

Cheesecake is pie, you philistine.

Perfect with any coffee

I'm a big fan of tres leches

Have you ever had a Hummingbird cake, OP? I made one for new year's and it was so good I got a triathlete to go back for seconds.

Is good.

>Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
Also good.

I made a tres leches for my birthday this year.

Jesus was that a lot of sweet. Had two pieces and then had to lie down until my heart stopped racing.

Would recommend.

My bday is later this month, too, and my girlfriend wants to make a cake for me, so she keeps pestering me what I want and I don't really care because I've kind of grown out of sweets. My favorite kind of cake is carrot cake, but literally none of my friends like it, so it would be a birthday cake that only I would eat... which normally wouldn't be a bad thing, but I'm trying to lose weight.

chocolate mousse cake

Forest Fruits Cake.

It's apparently similar to a Windsor Tart.
But it's Italian.

Frutto di Bosco

burnt almond cake

Never had it, but I hear three milk cake is pretty good. That's the only thing I've heard though

Also happy belated birthday user