Hey Veeky Forums, I got a question. What's your "mainstream" hot sauce of choice? There's a shit ton of them out there...

Hey Veeky Forums, I got a question. What's your "mainstream" hot sauce of choice? There's a shit ton of them out there, all with different tastes, and I'm curious what the general choice for everyone is.

For me a dash of Texas Pete to like eggs and simple meals is always gopd, but I'll use tobasco in flavoring more complicated meals. Generally all hot sauces are decent imo, but keep Red Hot away from me. Shit's nasty af

always have a bottle of this and encona hot pepper lying around for my chilis/stews

usually have some peri-peri for wraps, but dunno if thats in the same category of hot sauce

El yucateco green, chipotle, and the xxxtra hot are some of my favorites.

Same

I like the black Valentina.

I don't have any one single "go to" hot sauce that I use for all foods. I think different foods call for different sauces.

These are ones that I keep on hand all the time:
-Chipotle Tabasco
-Cholula
-Crystal or regular Tabasco
-A homemade fermented sauce made from habaneros, peaches, and papaya
-Chinese chili oil (also homemade)
-Sriracha
-Thai sweet chili sauce

Crystal Tabasco?

tobasco is pretty solid

this because it's basically tabasco but with a higher pepper content
so it tastes less of vinegar and more of peppers

$2 for a gigantic bottle.

it's probably not the best-tasting sauce, but it does the job.

maggi, kum lee, and sriracha for fixing shitty food people give me/i fuck up

tabasco for fried foods, especially fried okra and tabasco

nothing much other than that because hot sauce in general isn't really my thing, rather blend up some peppers and make my own that tastes strongly of the pepper

this

Fuck off

hot sauce seems to be extremely expensive in Canada all of a sudden. like the really spicy sauces, not franks and shit.

i found a locally made ghost pepper sauce at a east Indian place that rocks, luckily.

Frank's Red Hot Buffalo for tomato based things that need a kick.

Cholula for just about everything else.

My main hotsauces of choice are sriracha, valentina (for snacking), and tobasco (for very few things like eggs)

Depends on what I'm doing. But usually Frank's red hot or yucateco.

If you're only going to buy one hot sauce, Franks is the top choice, but only because of the huge diversity of what you can do with it.

second place, and my personal favorite is Cholula.

Try the garlic one too, you won't be disappointed

Me too. I haven't found anything to rival black Valentina as an all purpose hot sauce

El Yucateco's lineup is great, especially their Chipotle. Valentina Xtra Hot, Tapatio, Tabasco Garlic, Tabasco brand Sriracha, Chilula Chili Garlic / Poplano Green Pepper.

I don't know why it is, but Louisiana's makes any meal short of sweet deserts better. Tabasco for cooking otherwise

Any good hot sauces above the 100k scoville units you guys like? I'm going to order some Shit the Bed hot sauce this weekend

what is this a pic of? do you have higher res

I stopped eating this when I thought about the conditions manufacturing facilities in Mexico must be like.

Working with 2 Guatemalan dudes turned me on to this sauce. It has really nice heat to it but it's also tangy.

Anyone does their own hot sauce? If yes - how do you store it?

Tabasco(chipotle)
Goose brand 'cha for my 'go 'za
Louisiana gold red
Louisana original chipotle

Tobasco and franks is about as normie as I get with my hot sauce

Dunno if this is the thread for it, but here goes.

I made this hot sauce with 90 grams of Madame Jeanette peppers, 160 grams of red hot spanish peppers, 6 cloves of garlic, 2 minced shalots, 200 grams of honey and 1.5 cups of white vinegar.

It's my first try at making hot sauce and I'm very happy with the result. Very fruity and lots of heat.

mah nigga

Tabasco is for old women and small children.

this, simply because getting any decent hot sauces around here without ordering them online is impossible
>the best you can get at most chains is either tabasco or sriracha knockoff
fuck being a hotfag in eastern europe

valentina extra hot

Chipotle Tabasco
Crystal
A rotation of different east Asian sauces
Peri-Peri Sauce

I really like cholula chipotle sauce, goes well with a lot of things.

Nice with haggis, odd a combination as it sounds.

>sriracha knockoff
kys Aleksy

wrong Hank

Unrelated, but just made pico with habanero and touched my dick without washing hands. Fire, lads! FIRE!

el yucatan habenaro is my go to hot sauce. I don't care for vinegar based hot sauces, mainly because it seems like everyone uses the cheapest shittiest vinegar they can find

I like to stick my fingers up my nose after cutting peppers, you get used to the pain and it gives you a decent buzz

kek. I've never done that on purpose bc it inevitably happens. Pepper buzz is brettygud on your dick 2bqh.

reminds me of a time i'd gotted a bj from a girl that just had a spicy burger at a local joint, at first it genuinely hurt but then i think it kind of reduced my sensitivity and i had the longest fuck of my life

Feel like i've never seen anyone mention Encona on this board. tastes bretty good, spicy enough to make your nose run.

THE SHOW WITH HOT QUESTIONS AND EVEN HOTTER WINGS
MEEEE EEEMM EEEE

how is it fruity if there's just peppers and honey?

this shit right here

out of the ones in that pic, Cholula

Tabasco Green Pepper is really good too

also that sriracha which is everywhere with the rooster on it

Frank's is like spicy vinegar

I don't use "mainstream" hot sauces. I like good hot sauces.

This has become my favorite hot sauce, full stop. I have rooster sauce and Frank's and a bunch of gourmet nonsense but they don't get used anymore. Cannot recommend this shit enough.

Dare I say

That stuff can tend to be a bit bitter

Cayenne pepper. Always

The correct answer is either pic related or Crystal.

Anything not made from Cayenne peppers is not "hot sauce". The purpose of "hot sauce" isn't so much to add capsaicin as it is to add flavor.

Tabasco peppers (unripe and green) should only be used to flavor distilled white vinegar and put on greens and beans.

Their black sauce is one of my new favorites.

>black sauce
loool cuck

Regular Tabasco.

Fuck your patrician tastes, I still like it and I will always like it.

this cheap bottle of shit right here, it's got a good mexican taste without the bitterness of valentina or tapatio.

I usually keep Yucateco (black), Tabasco standard, Cholula original on hand. The other sauces come and go but vary

Agreed, which is a shame because vinegar when high quality is very flavorful and savory.

pic related plus hipster cock and chipotle

hopefully hipster don't find out about piri piri

that shit is always just spic and weak taste
ive tried many of them and its hard tell them apart

>(black)
hahhhahahahahahajha cuck cuck cuck!

Crystal as general purpose hot sauce (pizza, jambalaya, etc.)
Cholula and Tapatio on tacos or other hispanic foods
Sriracha stirred into macaroni and cheese, also good on pizza, pretty general purpose
I stay away from Tabasco, for whatever reason I don't like the taste

Habanero Tobasco
Green Pepper Cholula
Regular Louisiana

Different uses for these, but I keep these mainly for cooking purposes instead of the traditional topping purpose.

they have

Because madame Jeanette peppers taste fruity.

This shit is fucking amazing.

good
dislike the flavor of this
great tier
bland and shitty tasting; not spicy
the tobasco chipotle is probably the best sauce in OP's pic.

Seconding

Thirding