What foods in video games get you hungry?

What foods in video games get you hungry?

The Cold Meal in Return to Castle Wolfenstein always looked so good to me. Made me want to run out and buy a big ol' summer sausage and some bread.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_sausage
youtube.com/watch?v=kX5cgYpDLQw
youtu.be/sEGymfKWXt0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Redwall_Cookbook
forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750036&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post453450009
youtu.be/aEFK_O4CF0U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dragon's Crown

all that food at lady boyle's last party in Dishonored

Do Americans really call this "sausage"?
Also would they call the thing on the left in your picture "bread"?

yes, so does the rest of the world when they aren't being retarded.

oh wow. you weren't kidding

Hmmmm no sweetie, I think it's only an American thing
Try again though

are you saying a cured sausage isn't a sausage?

It's not a fucking "sausage"
Diversify you fucking language dumb fucking anglo

>stay mad liberal cuckboi

I'm morbidly curious as to what diet sausage and tourist's delight from STALKER tastes like.
Also Estus.

A cured sausage is a type of sausage. You can try to be an elitist prick if you like but you're still wrong.

I've been playing a lot of Yakuza 4 lately and that game focuses a lot of attention on food. They describe everything in such detail I always get hungry while playing. Makes me really want to try this nip food.

>Not wanting to try STALKER bread despite no one knowing where it comes from

This is what OP confused the thing in the pic for

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_sausage

My favorite thing about Persona 5 is how frankly and in depth it teaches you about coffee. Like you learnt fun titbits about liquor in Catherine but someone at Atlus just, super loves telling people about nice things to drink.

Chunko Honeys from Deus Ex would be delicious sponge toffee, I am sure. Unfortunately everything else you consume in Deus Ex is soy protein and alcohol.

Oh no, anglophones using a word that approximates a non-Anglo noun, in English. What a nightmare.

youtube.com/watch?v=kX5cgYpDLQw

I hope you know your post inspired a man to make sponge toffee and taste it for the first time

Will report back!

I really wish this board had flags

Burned the shit out of it
Sorry whoopsie poopsie

Why? So that Amerijokes could be recognized as the buffoon they are?

I've spent A LOT of time creating concoctions in BoTW for no reason. Fair wager would be half my gametime has been cooking.

My man....

We are like brothers. The cold meal is my shit, all time favorite vidya food.

It's okay user! I believe you can do better next time!

Mostly I just want to die

shit that the street vendors sell at sleeping dogs

What kind of sausage is that?

>Saucisson, or "saucisson sec," is a variety of thick, dry cured sausage that originates in France.
>a variety of thick, dry cured sausage
>dry cured sausage
>sausage
Faggot.

FFXV has great food. They used real food and scanned it into the game.

That's true, but you can't convince me that my lad Ignis is able to make half this shit with a campfire and basic cooking gear. I'll accept that he can shoot fire out of his hands but making a meat pie from scratch in the middle of the woods is taking it too far.

>sausage

See

anyone?

not really a video game food but i remember reading the Redwall series back in the day and those fucking feasts they had at the end of each book were ridiculous. Brian Jacques really had a way of being able to make you conjure up every item in salivating detail, especially as a kid who loved the books and re-read them a lot. I just had all thee visions of huge banquets and daydreamed about wanting to make some of them.

kinda sounds like a good idea for a youtube channel now that I'm older and have some space to myself; I can put together a huge table with my dad at his woodshop and just make a shitload of food exactly like the books for a giant spread.

Everything in that game looks good enough to eat.

I fucking know, everything sounded so fucking tasty.

we call it salame but the name changes depending on the type of meat and process to make it

>am*ricans

H Y O P
Y
O
P

Looks like salami to me. Summer sausage doesn't have fat chunks like that

So any way.. dinol zlarmph!

I've fapped to the Boyle sisters so many times

>scanned it into the game.
maybe me too, soon

>always end up glued to the screen
>havent eaten all day
>raid the fridge at 3AM
>stale bread, thick-cut salami and a can of tuna never tasted so good

All the zone cooked mutants from MISERY, and also I'd like to try the "bread" and diet dausage from vanilla Stalker

nice 'sage

I got a guy I knew to play stalker, and he said it made him start smoking again whenever he played it. If there's a better testament for a game then I can't think of one

there was a thread on the april 1st /co/ck/ merge, about cartoon foods that made you hungry. all the heavy hitters id forgotten about came up

Marguerite's cooking in Resident Evil 7 really makes me hungry.

You're either a monster or slavic.

Why did you repeat yourself?

Because not all monsters are slavic, I was being nice to monsters.

:^)

I've yet to read a book that can describe food in such a mesmerizing and hunger inducing way. Great books as well. Those feasts were just incredible. There are quite a few recipes online and I know there is an official cookbook if you were curious.

>might be time to re-read all the Redwall books

BLIMPFFT

I'LL HAVE SOME CHEESE SQUIGGLIES, PLEASE.

inb4 cheetos, they're really weird because they were super crunchy on the outside but still really floppy. The closest thing I can think of is those dorito things with the nacho cheese inside and fuck those.

What does that guy say? Something like "A man who doesn't eat meat buns isn't a real man"

OH MY GOD YES. I REMEMBER WHEN I WAS YOUNGER I WENT TO A GROCERY STORE IN ATIZONA CALL "SUNFLOWER MARKET" AND THEY SILD SESAME STICKS AND I CONVINCED MY DAD TO BUY THOSE AND THEY WERE SO GOOD

Who remembers the Hidden Kitchen from Paper Mario on the Game Cube?

You mean there was another kitchen?

I've played a shitload of Fallout New Vegas, and I've always wondered what a lot of things were like.
>barrel cactus fruit: shitty bland prickly pear
>white horsenettle: bitter, spicy horseradish
>Nuka Cola Quartz: Crystal Pepsi
>Nuka Cola Victory:Cherry Coke
>desert salad: salad greens with diced prickly pear, pine nuts, and steak strips.
>fire ant fricasse:spicy spam and ant meat stew
Cook-Cook's Fiend Stew is something I could see myself eating all the time
>beer, jalapeƱos, potatos, and beef
Softshell mirelurk meat sounds like an absolute delicacy. I bet the Chinese remnants like to nosh on those.

EGGSTURA NAHDOOLS JAHST FOR U

All I remember is that it was orange in color. Might not be so secret

> Just finished re-reading Mariel of Redwall this morning
My Nigga

Fun fact. Jacques grew up incredibly poor in depression-Era times and his childhood was still during post war food rationing. Whenever he read books himself he was always disappointed whenever an author would neglect to mention food or gloss over cha Rackers cooking or eating because he found food so fascinating.

That's why any time food is mentioned in his Redwall stories he goes to it like crazy in obsessive glorious detail. He wanted the food and meals and feasting to be important. And it helped in the books' fantasy cultures and world building as well.

Please make a blog or YouTube dedicated to read creating Redwall recipes user. It would be awesome.

I need to re-read Redwall, one of the best books.

If I wound up on the east or west coast in the wasteland, I'd probably hunt mirelurks constantly just to see what they taste like and do nothing but live off them if they were that good.

You'd better be a good hunter

What about Salisbury Steak and the rest of pre-war pre-made bits?

Too unsophisticated for my tastes.

Roast chicken from Tekken 3

youtu.be/sEGymfKWXt0

All the food in Divinity: Original Sin looks great

You make /pol/ look tame
-le has haw amelican pig!

Yeah, we know you White Gloves indulge in much "finer" meats.

>Why? So that Amerijokes could be recognized as the buffoon they are?

Fuck off piece of shit eurotrash.

They're fucking trash that isn't worth the radiation or the single unit of weight they take up in my inventory

Anyway, I forgot the most sought-after delicacies in all of the wasteland, thin red paste, thick red paste, blood sausage, and black blood sausage. Why eat 3 salisbury steaks, a sasparilla, a grilled mantis leg, some mole rat meat, and a prickly pear when I can just eat a blood sausage and some thin red paste and get healed as FUCK in seconds

Thats quite a degree of realism for an in game engine, it's just about lighting and texture resolution tho, I bet my ass that when you are running out in the open not a single thing looks as good as that sandwich

What makes it even more remarkable is that the food described is almost all vegetarian (save for the odd fish or freshwater shrimp), since the Abbey's inhabitants are herbivores. Vegans today really could use someone like him to make their campaign more appealing.

By the way, if you don't have it already, may I recommend this?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Redwall_Cookbook

God damn, that gave me a good kek.

Estus just tastes like Sunny D

>redwall food

holy fuck what a wave of nostalgia this is

damn, i think they even had illustrations for some of them; i gotta dig those books out of storage

Isnt it some kind of gooey animal extract?

>cooked ishmashell

Tourist's Breakfast is the last item in this post: forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750036&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post453450009

It's not meant to be eaten on its own, but even then...

Diet sausage is just cheap and shit sausage with chicken & soy bulking it up. Buy some nice cured sausage instead, there are some lovely polish ones.

Gets me every time.

youtu.be/aEFK_O4CF0U

DMC games make me crave pizza now.

Those peaches look like butts!

>RtCW
One of my favorite video games of all time
I used to replay it every year around Christmas time. Maximum comfy. I later found out one of my buddies had the same exact tradition.

I couldn't do it. Best voice in the game though the ring you get is forgettable.

Damn, now I'm hungry and horny.

>Donald Love eating a roast of Mayor R. C. Hole

Best lowkey cannibalism

>fantasy universe
>lobster Therimdor
D E L E T E

Game name?

Why couldn't they have lobster Thermidor?

You'd explode if you read the fantasy series I read last week that uses the french revolutionary calendar in an entirely non-Earth-based universe.

pizza dude