The Amazing Race: SEASON TWO

After a long hiatus, the sub-par board-shattering phenomenon has returned:

Amazing Race: Veeky Forums Edition.

For those who weren't around for season 1, the rules are simple:

> go to randomlists.com/random-country
> set number of countries to 1
> press the "refresh" button 5 times
> you must now make a proper meal/dish from that nation's cuisine within a reasonable amount of time (within the week is preferred)

ADDITIONAL RULES
> you may re-roll if you land on your own country, but do not have not
> you may reroll if you land on a nation someone has already been assigned, but do not have to if you think you can outshine them
> you may play multiple times

Of course, I myself will be participating (though I might not be able to deliver within my own "week rule"), and will tell you soon what I landed on.

Good Luck.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FQRW0RM4V0k
randomlists.com/random-country
youtube.com/watch?v=ck6WhFwe8sc
youtube.com/watch?v=S5SaFBi-VHA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maldivian_cuisine
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not bad...

>Goat water stew, perhaps the country's most well-known dish, mixes goat, breadfruit, green pawpaw (papaya), and dumplings (also known as "droppers") in a tomato-based stew. Another favorite dish is cook-up, or pelau, which combines chicken, pig tail, saltfish and vegetables with rice and pigeon peas.

poof

That unironically sounds amazing.

Fried breadfruit with some fresh garlic spread on it is GOAT.

I only have a single ripe jackfruit and breadfruit is both hard to find and probably fucking expensivo
Think I can pull it off or will this be an "homemade coconut/deconstructed pb&j" situation?

Goddammit, fuck me. The 4th refresh was fucking Poland.

Not really sure, never tried it with a jackfruit. It is from the same family thougj so theoretically it might work. Fry it like tostones

noice

>rice
okay

Since I got easy mode what should I make? I already cook quite a bit of French food

obviously the hardest thing you can think of and accompany it with a separate cook-along thread.

Something like pic related? Choron sauce by itself is kind of complicated to make, I'll have to see about getting my hands on some sea bass though

Fuck forgot my pic

Bump

youtube.com/watch?v=FQRW0RM4V0k

Luxembourg motha fuckaaaaa

This will be fun.

Bump

Shameless double-bump

i'll play

i got LESOTHO

hmmm

Oh hey nice to see this back, looking forward to going again.
I rolled Macau, no idea what to do but I'll figure something out.

Sounds like fun. Can't participate currently, but bump for interest

I got Scotland, I'm thinking of combining this with an /out/ing I have planned for sunday (And already have the ingredients for)

It would be a very basic /out/ meal of potatoes and roast pork all done with the campfire. Would this be within the rules?

Sounds cool. If it's with /out/ people, maybe see if they want to come over to this thread and roll too.

I for one would really want to see a separate thread about you guys pulling this off before you post the final picture here. Far too interesting.

Nah it's going to just be a couple non channers that go with me, I'm just a big old fan of cooking on my campfires.

Nothing beats the smell of woodsmoke and meat or fish you just pulled out of the lake.

Everything you just said is truth. I'm looking forward to summer excursions and the taste of jackfish for breakfast.

bumpereeno

Can we do more than one course for our country? I want to do a soup, a main course, and a dessert if that's allowed.

Dude, that's called a shit ton of bonus points

super excited about this
i have a really busy week but maybe next time

Bump

This might be interesting

>randomlists.com/random-country

OK, I got Congo
I can do this
>ngl would not have participated if i got a shitty country like Marshall Islands or some shit

yeah, i rolled last round and got some shitty country that i can't even remember and instead of just pretending like it didn't happen and rolling again i just closed the thread and forgot it ever happened

Poulet Moambe and fufu to go alongside, I will do this. Shit looks so cash
youtube.com/watch?v=ck6WhFwe8sc

fufu

youtube.com/watch?v=S5SaFBi-VHA

I got brazilians all over my town like white on rice so manioc is dead easy to get, I just need to hunt up that palm butter sauce or whatever it is fortunately my neighbor is from Ghana so if i can catch him between the 3 fucking jobs he works I'll ask him where to get that shit

OP delivered on Zambia. How bad could it have been?

Then a three course menu it shall be!

Soup is done and perfected... Main course will either be tested tomorrow or later tonight. Probably tomorrow, I've been up for 18 hours and need sleep. Not very confident on the dessert because I don't really bake, but hey, this seems like a hell of an opportunity to learn.

Luxembourg!

(I forgot my handle)

i got cuba
oh boy this'll be easy its basically mexican food
thank god for living in an area with tons of mexicans

Bump

> cuba
> basically mexican

k then

Keepin' it alive, boss

>Slovenia

I'll play, never once have been interested in this country

Just realized they have one dish that's originally theirs... fml "Slovenian spaghetti it is"

Since this is an actual somewhat iconic cuisine, what should I make? When I can get around to it, I'll do a separate cook-along thread.

wat
No idea. Internet says it's a nice place if you want a break when transporting drugs to the western hemisphere by sea.

kek

Bump 2: The bumpening

What the fuck am i supposed to do with Comoros?

Lobster a la vanille
Their national dish

Bump

I got pic related.

If you are not in Turkey and try to replicate my recipe, whatever it may end up being, please make sure to leave out the Cyfluthrin. It is meant only for roaches.

WTF? Cuban food is much much closer to Spanish than Mexican. Seriously, dude, just make vaca frita or paella.

What's that?

Insecticide.

heh

TFW no one's delivered yet
?

bump

We're cooking, OP.

Omitting dessert from this because I'm moving to another house and won't have any more free time until a couple of weeks from now and this will probably be over by then. Posting processes tomorrow in a new thread, will link to this one.

make bunny chow

Bump

Iceland. Fuck yea. I'm so doing this.

This will be interesting

Which one is that

>.gif
>doesn't move

What the fuck is this shit m8?

Oh, fuck me.

East coast seafood
You're fine

I could just do this.

Luxembourg Cook Along Thread goes here:

i'm this user but i got called back into work and probably won't deliver

sorry guys, have fun with the contest

kek
honestly tho

Bump

bump

Is this a thread about White people?

Uh, no?

Bullocks! Fuck me m8.
Still going to give it a try

I should make it clear that once you are done, you post a picture in this thread to show that you delivered.

Thing one...

...and Thing two.

I used to work with a Columbian chef, might hit him up for some recipe inspo

that's not true my boss' wife is slovenian. He said the food is heavy and hearty; like winter food all year round. Specifically I can only recall mention of sauerkraut but I'm sure there's more

I got Lebanon. I will report back in a couple of days with my effort. Should be a fun one to do.

so....rice with nothing?

>Bhutan

I'll give it a shot, senpai.

I'll forgive you if you just go with normal Korea

Side note, what should I make for Cambodia? I'm unironically considering "rat on a stick" because I live in a breadbasket with big ass ones. That said, that's only half a plate. What else?

I've, uh, never had rat before senpai, but if it's bitter you might serve it with a native veggie for sweetness. In contrast, if it's succulent/sweet you could do a rice side.

"Macanese cuisine is unique to Macau, and consists of a blend of southern Chinese and Portuguese cuisines, with significant influences from Southeast Asia and the Lusophone world. Many unique dishes resulted from the spice blends that the wives of Portuguese sailors used in an attempt to replicate European dishes.

Fucking stoked to try this.

Good call.
It should also be noted that this isn't me trying to be dumb and make the whole thing a joke- "rat on a stick" is legit Cambodian commoner food and is apparently pretty good.

Rice with plutonium, seasoned with civilian tears and topped with some VX gas.

You'll be fine

One sad grain of rice, be grateful for the grand emperors gift

Guessing a lot of rice, fish and coconuts.

Fuck this thread then.

where can i buy long pig?

Try growing your own, in fact I bet you have some on hand right now!

:(

You should cook some pork and pineapple underground

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maldivian_cuisine

bump