/CAWFEE/

Coffee thread now!

I'm getting pretty sick of washing my french press every single day, plus, i wanna try another way of making coffee.
Should I get a pourover cone or an aeropress?

Other urls found in this thread:

crema.co/guides/chemex-brewing
youtube.com/watch?v=aUzDYHi1A2g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just get a kuerig or a tassimo or something and be done with it. You're not impressing anybody... Except yourself I guess.

Gren tee > cawfee

buy a chemex and learn how to use it properly

reply to this post in less than 122 seconds if you want advice

aeropresses are good if you have the metal filter so you can keep all those sweet sweet oils but pour overs are nice for a less strong more even taste if you like that.

Is this the tea thread?

Pourover cone is the simplest to clean if you don't mind spending money on filters all the time

Just toss the whole filter inna compost and be done with it

hi i want advice

Stop being a fucking weeb to begin with.

Some of my last cups were tasting like water. Then I noticed I was getting lazy with the manual grinder and having too coarse ground.

I got this wooden grinder that fits perfectly 15 g that's the amount I use per cup.

posting inspo

>nervous all day
>could hear heart beat
>time for my second cup of the day that will calm me down

>i'm getting sick of washing my french press everyday

dickhead, you're not supposed to wash it everyday just rinse the grounds out and let the oil build up

Seconding this. I think the easiest way to do it is to get one of those electric boilers and to heat the water up real quick, kettles take too long in the morning

>kettles take too long in the morning

My kettle takes exactly 4 minutes, set your alarm earlier if that's too long for you

why not fall for the aeropress meme?
>electric kettle gets done in ~3 minutes
>manually grind beans for under 3 minutes while water boils
>inverted procedure so plus 30 seconds
>do something for 30 seconds
>press coffee
>eject grinds, wash press
coffee in under 5 minutes

3 extra minutes in my morning is not worth the shame and denigration of owning an aeropress.

>shame and denigration of owning an aeropress.
aware me on this meme. Veeky Forums told me aeropress was coffeekino

Pleb here, what are some good dark roasts I can try?

>kino

See, this is exactly the problem.
Aeropress is as-seen-on-TV memery for memelords

>it's on /tv/
>must be bad

it's bad because it involves drinking a liquid that was pushed boiling hot through plastic under pressure

>boiling hot
>using boiling water for coffee
>burning your coffee
???

/tv/ is genuinely the second worst board on the entire website, everything associated with it is bad by default or becomes tainted through contact

I never saw aeropress or any coffee-related thread on /tv/, only crablegs and theatre falcons

is it true they put dirt in ground coffee

near boiling you pedantic fuck

>differentiating boiling from near boiling is being pedantic
I guess not wanting burnt coffee is being pedantic

no, (You) are being pedantic

>gets called out for suggesting the use of boiling water for coffee
>N-NO I-I MEANT NEAR BOILING YOU'RE BEING PEDANTIC
Yeah nah

Thumbnail looks like a penis.

>autism

That sounds fucking disgusting.
Do you also reuse pots and pans without scrubbing them of the previous food stains?

>food stains are the same as coffee oil
>he doesn't know about seasoning cast iron pots and wooden chopping board

You don't have to season glass surfaces.
The whole reason you don't wash cast iron or aluminium moka pots is so the oils can polymerize from repeated usage and form a disgusting, but practical patina coating that acts as a literal non-stick barrier to shield your food from the nasty metal underneath.
Glass doesn't impart a taste on food, making this unnecessary, and if anything, leaving the oils to bake on with repeat usage is going to make your glass opaque and nasty.

>french press is only made up of glass

Why would you buy a french press not made of glass?
My kettle is also glass.

You rinse the glass part and the press part which is hopefully made out of metal. You don't soap it down. You rinse it with hot water.
People who "get sick of washing" their french press properly (rinse thoroughly, takes about 20 seconds) every day cannot be helped and should be gassed.

I started getting gay about coffee this time last year but I'm inherently cheap and lazy

I've found a popcorn maker + green beans = best taste and value for money for roast beans with the most simplicity. Finally, a cheap sturdy french press and a £10 hand grinder from amazon and you're sorted.

I'm not taking the piston apart or anything, but if you're not giving it a once over on both sides with a sponge, you're disgusting.

>uses a sponge
>calls others disgusting

gross pleb

>giving it a once over on both sides with a sponge
>mfw

buy a chemex
buy brown paper filters (bleach free color free)
buy nice, fresh, locally roasted whole bean coffee
grind medium-coarse
wet filter
fill chemex with warm water and dump out water (to prime vessel)
place filter in chemex, place coffee grinds in filter
pour water (180-200 F) over all of the grinds to wet grinds, try to achieve "bloom"
let water drip through
continue pouring water over grinds trying your best to pour water evenly over all the grinds
enjoy coffee

watch this video
crema.co/guides/chemex-brewing

Get a Bonavita Immersion Dripper or Clever Dripper to start. It's an immersion based paper filter method. A full pourover would require a fancy kettle, the immersion ones don't. Aeropress is just kinda not great IMO.

>buy brown paper filters (bleach free color free)
scientists amazed at one man's ability to be so wrong

page 10 save rave!

I really want to go and lift heavy weights with her.

Anyone ever try one of these?
I did last week and it was amazing

Thoughts on coffee and cigarettes?

it's a good combo

The fuck is this? Looks like craft beer cancer is trying to invade coffee.

>the fork and wrench logo as if either of those things have anything to do with coffee

GAY

I hate the design of that.

I like pourover

It has the major advantage of nothing to clean, at all

cawfee > gween tee

The Faema Baby did it first many years ago, and did it better.

What did I tell you about my coffee

>tfw too poor to even afford store brand beans

The next two weeks are gonna be hard for me, Veeky Forums

I'm struggling to understand how coffee beans could cost more than coffee beans that are ground, prepared into coffee, freeze dried, and packaged into individual servings.

fuck off frog poster

Because they use insanely shitty coffee beans for instant

If you are using it every day you don't really have to wash it, just rinse it out and wash it like once a week

I ONLY DRINK BUSTELO. BLACK.
CUBAN COFEE IS THE BEEEST.

1. Bustelo isn't Cuban
2. I've been to Cuba, the coffee is shit
3. Bustelo is also shit

So I guess if you mean "shit coffee is the beeest [sic]" then you are entitled to your wrong opinion

Fucking disgusting Amerijoke. Bet you don't even shower every day vile animal. Get nuked soon, son of a bitch.

What a shit taste man.

Absolute novice to cold-brewing, any tips from anyone ITT?

There is so little that can go wrong. Just tweak with the water to grounds ratio to your liking, and make sure to strain it well.

Cheers

looks gay as fuck.

just got out of bed, reddit wheather outside, and im super comfy tasting some extremely fresh colombian beans from my moka pot. how about you? what coffee goodness are you tasting right now?

Kill your fucking self

wow rude.

Woah friendo! I too brewed a cup of Colombian beans, cheers mate!

So my girlfriend's birthday is coming up and she's super into coffee but I don't know shit about it. I wanna get her some really good high quality beans but idk where to look?

Any good online stores? I live in LA if that helps

What kind of coffee does she like? There are lots of great places to get it in LA, but different beans have different flavors. Blue Bottle is consistently awesome and I've heard great things about Verve, but there are probably local cafes that are awesome too.

Dude if you live in LA just go on a fucking walk and buy some

Tell me more.

While I agree with all of these comments,the store only had the contraption and it looked pretty cool and produced a smooth cup with a load of espuma

Why can't you just say FOAM?
Do you have to be so pretentious?

>It has the major advantage of nothing to clean, at all
>lazy faggot, hates cleaning

Who enjoys cleaning?

>Why can't you just say FOAM?
>Do you have to be so pretentious?
because he is fucking gay and espuma to him sounds like sperm.

It's called like that I my country. Maybe he didn't remember the word in English?

Dude that said espuma here; yeah, that's why I used it

Bought this thing for 6 dollars on amazon, it's made of plastic but I wanted a large press to do cold brew in and this is perfect. It's 51oz, so much easier than straining the coffee through cheese cloth.

Why is cold brew so good bros?

How do I make a sweet cup of coffee that won't leave the taste of syrup in my mouth?
No kuerig shit, too expensive

the correct pretentious word for coffee foam is crema, that dude is just foreign

Raw sugar

coffee stains and makes my teeth ugly yellow that's why I stopped drinking it and I noticed that I'm functioning better or at least not any worst
now when I don't drink coffee anymore.
I'm more relaxed now, coffee give me some jolt but consequences were the nano-shaking feeling like as a side effect.
And those nano side effects were very irritating. The jolt was much less beneficial for me to continue drinking it and having to deal with the negative side of it.
So now I don't have them, just stopped drinking that bitch

And my teeth are not yellow anymore, they nice and white looking, I can smile now again showing my teeth.

Sweet without anything except cream or sugar, or something like a mocha?

I like the tastes that creamers give off, sometimes peppermint, sometimes mocha, whatever I'm feeling really.
But yeah, I like the flavors that creamers have to offer, but they have a weird syrup taste to it that I hate.

I guess you should buy higher quality creamers, other than that you're stuck with that aftertaste

fuck

Get a Cona. Not only are they fascinating to watch, and easy to clean but the water and coffe only come into contact with glass so results in a purer taste. AND the way they work ensures that the water is exactly the right temperature for brewing coffe.
Plus, while you're waiting, you get the chance to do a pants invasion on that hot chick you brought home to show your Cona off to. Downside is...she's probably a tranny (but you can't have everything).
youtube.com/watch?v=aUzDYHi1A2g

Just add sugar and milk instead of cream. It leaves no syrup aftertaste.