Alright Veeky Forums...

Alright Veeky Forums, i know that most user here like european cuisine but cannot get it because it is not available / not legal to sell in their countries (i am looking at you, USA)

as a frog who live in france, i've recently came up with the idea of sending food unavailable in the US to coo/ck/s
Most likely i would try to make a food contest and the winner gets to have food sent to him

Also it would be food that can be conservated long enough to be sent overseas trough a plane, so mostly dried stuff

does Veeky Forums think this is a good idea ?

Other urls found in this thread:

olympiaprovisions.com/products/saucisson-sec
amazondotfuckingcomyoustupidfaggot.
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That sausage looks good

I like it

Your pic brings back fond memories of my trip to France and Europe where almost every town had a charcuterie where you could get cured sausage and ham. In this hell hole of the US you have to settle for solution added and tumbled ham style products and mass produced chemical laden sausage that has never been near a curing room.

I like your idea in theory, but I'm far to paranoid to ever give out my address to someone on the internet. Obviously nothing personal toward you.

>France and Europe
>and Europe
Retard.

Why is it illegal to sell eurofood in us&a?

(And why isnt it legal to sell their fastfood in euroland?)

Seems you can get that stuff here.

olympiaprovisions.com/products/saucisson-sec

He probably meant he traveled to France and visited some other EU countries after that...

>does Veeky Forums think this is a good idea ?

It sounds good. Depends on your marketing acumen.

Supposedly to do with food safety.

Actually protectionism.

Land of the free!

I actually took part in a food penpals thing from Veeky Forums a few years ago. I think there were 7 of us or so, and you got paired up randomly with someone else.

You agreed upon a budget limit and let them know if you had any allergies or preferences.

Got some neat snacks from different parts of the world, would definitely do it again.

It probably won't get in there anyway, Murrican laws are retarded and they'll send it right back or trash it, your best bet would be sending dry stuff like pasta, chocolate or biscuits, but even most pastries would be threading on the thin red line, cheese is also a no no afaik.
You should check import/export laws and regulations beforehand.
Pretty much thisI remember that a few years ago some people tried to pass a bill that allowed them to sell cheese disregarding European directives and DOP/DOC rules, basically they tried to sell americans their own garbage by making it pass for actual parmesan, gorgonzola or camembert when it was more or less the usual cheese block trash they sell there, iirc it was a move pushed by republicans, but I might be wrong, it's been some time since I heard that.
It's more or less the same shit they pushed with Kinder Surprise eggs, it's protectionism masked as "food safety".

Nope. Amerifag here. There is nothing in Europe that we cannot already get here, except for unpasteurized cheese aged less than 6 weeks, which is subject to a blanket Federal ban.

>Why is it illegal to sell eurofood in us&a?
As far as I know, it's only illegal to import it. If it's made here it's generally fine.

Wrong, amerigay.

>nothing in Europe that we cannot already get here

Maybe if you live in a megalopolis, but for 95% of the country you sure as hell can't find it.

no one cares about the flyovers

who cares about rural and suburban retards

>There is nothing in Europe that we cannot already get here
LMAO, no you don't, you get maybe a 5% of what people make in Europe, don't kid yourself.

well since nyc is litterally the only thing in this country that matter's i dont give a fuck about what the rest off the counrty think's we carry you all you could all be gone and we would be fine faggot's

>you all you could all be gone and we would be fine faggot's

But then you wouldn't have anyone to teach you coherent English, you illiterate fucknut.

>illegal
Your countrymen might make some good sausage, but you're not very bright.
Where the hell do you live that you can't get that stuff? We can certainly use more little shops that do their own thing, but most stores here sell at least one decent cured sausage and ham.
You can always order online.

>There is nothing in Europe that we cannot already get here
>except for

Good work spaz.

you can get much more at a typical northern or west coast grocery store than what the average European can get. The cheap tier of American grocery store food is pretty bad, but the availability of better stuff is actually very high (most just choose not to take advantage)

He obviously meant meant "france and (the rest of) Europe" but he emphasized France cuz the poster was from France. You called him retard but you're sure bad at connecting dots

>but most stores here sell at least one decent cured sausage

You're fucking nuts unless you consider kroger private label "decent." In which case, you've never had a dry cured sausage in your life. Protip: They aren't stored refrigerated in vacuum packed bags, fucknut.

What happened was I got distracted by something in irl and came back to finish the post and instead of typing Italy and Spain I spazzed and typed Europe. Thanks for coming to my defense because I think some of these anons went on a bit of an over sperge about it.

Flyover detected.

i've been to some despicable grocers and i've yet to come across a place that didnt have fucking salami

Typical dick waving "x is better than y", posted with knowledge of x only; bickering Veeky Forums thread

>vacuum packed refrigerated slices of sausage "style" product are the same as dry cured sausages stored at room temperature in their casings

Idiot. Nationalism doesn't mean supporting horrible things that need to change because our food culture is entirely controlled by mega corporations slopping the cheapest chemical laden shit they can get away with in our slop trough.

that's a pretty great concentrated summation of Veeky Forums

Why do you think that it isn't legal for anyone to import foods into the USA, but it's legal for you to do it?
And if some American has told you that it's unavailable,
then that person must live in a rural area where they should just be making their own. Or, here's a link to a place that sells a few imported meats and cheeses: amazondotfuckingcomyoustupidfaggot.
In a town with a population of 85K, I live within a mile of 3 places that sell domestic and imported charcuterie and cheeses. And before you start sputtering 'b-b-but bbut b-b-but", yes, one of them sells cheese made with unpasteurized milk. You fucking retarded cunts think that your shit-hole town in the middle of some state that most Americans don't even know the name of isn't a representation of all of the USA, FFS.

No offense, OP. It's not your fault people have misinformed you.

You are stupid.

Thank you for not being stupid.

It's kind meh. Try Salumi (salame mole) or La Quercia (heritage prosciutto) or Fra' Mani (salame gentile or nostrano).

>town with a population of 85K
>has multiple charcuteries

Great! Congratulations! You live in a bedroom commuting suburb on the fucking coast. That does nothing to refute my assertion that 95% of the US does not have access to it. Enjoy your privelege you smug fuckface. And fwiw, I make my own smoked, fresh and semidry sausages but have not invested in the equipment to make fully dry cured yet. So go suck a sausage you priveleged faggot.

The majority of the US lives in large cities with access to these stores and even people in smaller cities and towns have access to local or special shops. Also Americans own cars unlike fucking europoors and can easily drive to a city to a specialty shop. My fucking town of 10k have multiple local farms with pretty much any vegetable you could ever need including a lot of asian ones and a couple dairy farms as well, then 20 miles away is where all the specialty shops are takes like 15 minutes to drive there and buy shit.

Mail me a live Ortlan Bunting OP.

OP here, at first i thought thread would get 404'd, so i abandonned it, but i am happy to see most people here would like such thing

I have thought about the laws around importing food like
said, i'll have to find a workaround most likely, but if
managed to do it, i probably can, it would be nice if you could tell me how you did it too.

I think the contests could be around making european dishes, so you get to discover new shit (also, since i'm yuropean, i can provide authentic recipes without american mods) and the winner gets to have something delivered to him

False, i could show you hundreds of european food you cannot get your hands on.

Two things that Swedes in USA typically complain about is crisp bread and creamed smoked cod roe, turns out you CAN get it in USA, it's just a lot more expensive, and you only have access to a few brands. It doesn't look like mämmi is sold in USA so Finns have to make their own, various scandi cheeses also seem hard to come by, but some are sold in specialty stores.
I'm not sure if any Americans would be interested in it though, I reckon most people in USA who complain about not being able to get stuff are people who moved there and have friends in their home countries send them the shit they need.

sorry bro but your idea has been going on for centuries...
thats how spices got into bland english cooking... and other countries got wine....

>"bro"
>"bland english cooking"
>sending normally un-appreciated food in the us is the same as exporting goods that can only grow in your country
>implying that because other people do it i shouldnt do it because it's not hipster and avant-garde anymore

gr8 b8 made me answer

we're on Veeky Forums, i'm sure most people here are interested in exotic foods.

In Metropolitan areas European food is available from specialty shops that are already importing it, same as Asian food. If you want something not available from the common supermarket you go down to Little Italy and head to their import shop. You want French imports, go the the French specialty shop. And of course, we have internet access. The only thing we can't get easily are prohibited items like brains, lungs, raw cheeses and such.

A lot of flyover towns were founded by ethnic European conclaves with families and businesses that still carry their European traditions, especially in the Northern states. Not so much when you get to the Baptist Hillbilly Appalachian Mountain Dew regions though.

>raw cheeses

Essentially every good cheese in the world. You also can't import most charcuterie products. That's more lor less all worthwhile European food exports banned from the US, aside from alcohol.

I am in that region.

You're straight up a fucking idiot.

>because it is not available / not legal to sell in their countries
illegal?
not available?
Where?