Hey Veeky Forums

hey Veeky Forums
whats the best sauce to put on steak? it tastes like shit without sauce.

I moved into a studio by myself. Last night Mom called three times before I picked up. When I did I told her sorry I was talking to a neighbor. I wasn't. I was just drinking. "How are you doing" "Fine Mom" of course this too was a lie and I suspect she can hear the pitiable state I am in. I moved out to live a semi bohemian life existing on welfare, four bookshelves full of books and movies, and a blue tooth speaker that I can't even use. Why? Well my neighbor came over and threatened to beat me up at 4pm "I need to sleep" I wasn't even playing Strauss that loud its just we have thin walls. He needs to sleep? The guy is a drug dealer.

I think there's something wrong with your plant. Did you use potting soil?

Puree another steak, and smother your steak with it
Vwalla

>not having sex with him after he beats the fuck outa you

Pleb

>it tastes like shit without sauce
no it doesn't

yes it does, did you ever try steak without sauce? i thought this was a cooking thread, but it looks like noone knows shit about food on here

>marinated steak doesn't exist
>seasoned steak doesn't exist
>steak rubs don't exist

You sound like a 12 year old.

Yikes!

i sound like a 12 year old? gtfo m8
you act like an 8 year old if youre throwing around words like "steak rubs" as if youve heard them yesterday from mommy

honestly, i was just asking for a good sauce and you insult me with stuff like this, what the hell is this board?

bernaise

It's the board where real cooks point out fuckbois like you that probably couldn't even make a roux.

Welcome to Veeky Forums.

Just do a garlic butter

First of all: What the fuck, and how is that related to OP's post.

Second of all: tell the guy to fuck off, if it's not night time you can play whatever you want.
If he tries anything pull out a gun. If you don't have a gun, buy one.

Mmmm tasty

>giving a shit about some crackhead neighbor
Lemme guess, you're a woman?

>playing fucking Strauss

LMAO

I'll bet you feel like that makes you look highbrow. What's your next step, fucking Puccini? Learn to Wagner, Verdi or just fuck right off!

>It's the board where real cooks point out fuckbois like you
>real cooks
>on Veeky Forums

I just like Don Quixote.

Obviously you're new to cooking, but putting anything heavy and flavorful on a steak is taboo. You pay the big money for the tender and flavorful steaks, you shouldn't be hiding the flavors, but enhancing them.
People tend to like wine reductions made with the fond of the steak. If you're grilling, just make a compound butter to put on top.

The steak juice.

>it tastes like shit without sauce.

So stop wasting money on steaks and eat something you enjoy the taste of

I might be because I just listened to the disaster artist audi9 book, but I heard this post in Tommy wiseues voice.

Are the auteur director of the room, sir?

After you cook the steak you pour wine in the pan while the steak is resting and reduce it then turn off the heat and whisk in cold butter

If you don't know this already then I question your ability to tie your shoes or wipe your ass

You're the equivalent of someone who goes out and buys a bottle of $40 red wine and then goes home and mixes it with cola because you don't like the taste of wine.

You're a fraud.

>It tastes like shit
Then don't eat it?

demi glace on a nice prime fillet is heavenly

What if he's buying discount sirloin from Walmart faggot?

MAYONEZEECK

Just picked these up yesterday and plan on cooking them up tomorrow, should I marinade them or would that be blasphemy?

I wouldn't personally use a marinade
Just the usual butter garlic rosemary and thyme my man. Maybe some fresh horseradish grated on

Is that something I put on then cook, or put on after?

cook with butter and herbs
I like a nice pat of fresh homemade butter seasoned with various shit (usually horseradish) on top of the steak and a bit of crushed sea salt

Try green pepper sauce

Pan fry, little oil, let it get real nice and hot, throw in
steak herbs and pad of butter (you can skip the oil and go full butter too if you want) herbs (literally whatever ones you want, user's suggestions are pretty good rosemary especially) get a spoon and move herby butter to top of steak, flip after a time dependent on your desired doneness/thickness, repeat. If the steak is properly thick (not yours) finish in oven.

First, learn to cook steak.
Second, don't cook it since you would rather drink A1.

Unless you've had Wagyu beef before, I wouldn't do anything other basic seasoning and maybe bearnaise on the side, then let the flavour of the meat shine. After that you can decide if a marinade of some description would be a bonus.

blue cheese crust can be nice

If you absolutely have to have a sauce (which is only okay if the steak is shit to begin with), you can't go wrong with a balsamic vinaigrette.

I've actually made it 25 years without putting any sauce on my steak.
It's almost always been salt& pepper or Montreal steak seasoning.
Then I watched Steak Evolution and realized I was eating bitch sized steaks.
I want a steak the size of a midget.

kys

puccini is easily way better than verdi

This

>put butter in pan
>apply heat
>throw in minced garlic, shallots and mushrooms
>saute
>add in red wine and sprig of thyme
>reduce
>remove sprig of thyme
>remove from heat
>Optional: add in more butter and let the residual heat melt it for a glossy shine
>pour onto steak

Cream butter with black garlic, little bit of salt and pepper, fresh chives and thyme, roll in plastic wrap, refrigerate overnight, and cut a chunk to melt over the hot steak. It'll change your life.

bbq sauce