Do you guys ever fry bread?

Do you guys ever fry bread?

With butter on it?

no

No. Frying is unhealthy on it's own so i only do it when necessary. I got a toaster for my bread.

nah

have you heard of french toast?

what is this novelty? did you invent something op?

>frying sandwich bread when you could be frying up some fry bread

Come on now

Only if im making something that leaves a shit load of oil or grease left over

>fry bread
What board consist of min mexicans?

Only if I'm making pitas in my cast iron, but I only use as much oil as necessary.
I've actively avoided getting a deep fryer because I know that will be a serious blow to my long-term health if I use it enough to justify the purchase.

No, I'm pretty sure it's an English thing

I recently fried up some mushrooms with onions and I needed some filler because it was not enough for dinner by itself, so I cut a slice of rye bread into large dice and fried it along with the shrooms and onions. It was really good. To my surprise the bread browned much faster that the veggies and ended up almost too dark. I'll have to add it later the next time.

Wow those things remind me of Butteries

these are called langósz, if im not mistaken, a hungarian thingy

What is bread?

Only when I'm making burgers.

"Lángos"
Why are you faggots always insisting on mixing up the umlauts and "s" with "sz"?

did it caramelize

It's called frybread and is in no way shape or form unique to Hungary.
In the You Ess of Ay it's associated with Injuns.

I roll the bread in egg and fry it.
French toast is a nice way to start a weekend

>rolling bread in egg is french toast
no

I don't know what the fuck you call it in english.

if you fry it, yeah it is

what else are you expected to do?

>sour cream, garlic, cheese topping
god, i love it

Always, I don't have a toaster

Yes. That is the first step to making French toast (the second being: top with syrup, powdered sugar, and/or fruit and eat)

There's more than just egg and bread in a french toast.

educate me

you should invest in a toaster oven

Fried bread, or a 'fried slice' is a common component of Veeky Forums's favourite meal: the full English breakfast

Quite unhealthy, it's more often found in lower end 'greasy spoon' cafes rather than pricier restaurants or hotels. It's delicious though.

Google it.

while im no injun expert, the pic related above looks like a thing thats been fried, something that would require an oil and a pan, not a type of tortilla - what would one expect instead.

ye

So you admit you don't know.

For grilled ham'n'cheese.

>the pic related above looks like a thing thats been fried, something that would require an oil and a pan
Hence "Frybread"

>not a type of tortilla - what would one expect instead.
There are more types of Injuns than just Mexicanjun, friend
Even igloo Injuns managed a frybread, usually called bannock insteaf

well colour me mildly educated, thanks for the enlightening microcourse on nat-am cuisine

wew

If you're still confused about oil and pans, remember that they had plenty of lard from hunting and any tribe lacking their own cookware would eventually get pans through trade anyway

Yeah, it's great. Always have a slice with a fry up.

>frying bread
fucking Americans

Americans call frying grilling.
That's why they have grilled cheese sandwiches that are actually fried.

My toaster oven takes longer to toast bread than it takes me to fry an egg from getting the pan out onward, so I just toss the bread on the pan after.

The British are to blame for that one.
They cooked the sandwich in oven broilers, which for some reason they called grills.

Why they did that, we'll never know. One shouldn't expect much else from the country that has minceless, meatless mincemeat.

this
frying up your toast is the only way to make a proper bacon egg and cheese sammie

i used to whip those motherfuckers out 10 at a time on a flat-top griddle while catering to spun hippies at outdoor music festivals.

This is a frybread thread now.

Fried bread is a cornerstone of the full english breakfast.

I don't tend to make it because the smoke point of the oil is too low compared to how long the bread takes to fry, and the smoke alarm goes off.

> tfw never made or heard of frybread
Is it really that good? It seems kind of greasy and fucked from the images posted

Eggy bread.

Frybread is amazing, whether with powdered sugar or cinnamon-sugar, or as a taco base.

muh native

its a batter originally made out of ingredients indigenious dudes got from the white dudes, my mamma says first showed up maybe a bit after the rezzes started to appear so maybe the mid1800s? sometimes people put toppings on it and make what we sell to tourists as "indian tacos"

Only when I'm making grilled cheese sandwiches or French toast.

Is the "Texas toast" at Raising Canes fried? That shit is delicious

>shitting up threads all weekend saying people are wrong on basic shit
>saying google it and cutting out

I know it's easy to troll Veeky Forums, why not try a more challenging board?

Good god, do people really go on tourist trips to rezz's? I did in washington when I drove through a rez and saw shacks with salmon drying and smoking on the rack. I pulled into the driveway of their shack and offered to buy some. They were surly as fuck, but the dried smoked salmon was good and fairly cheap. But you knew immediately, they hate your fucking guts.

i mix eggs and milk then add cinnamon and a bit of vanilla. just eggs sounds gross and bland.

a favorite dessert of mine is just a piece of white bread with butter, sugar, and cinnamon, browned in a pan

it forms a nice crunchy caramel layer on top