Have you ever had an oil pizza? basically what it is is a standard cheese pizza but with olive oil instead of sauce...

have you ever had an oil pizza? basically what it is is a standard cheese pizza but with olive oil instead of sauce. it's somewhat of a specialty of the pizza shops in my city.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=seBh3gQt868
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It doesn't look terrible, but it does look like a shittier version of pizza.

Sounds terrible

Sounds like cheesey bread sticks

do americans really eat this?

What city is this?

I'd like to know so I never accidentally go there.

>do americans really eat this?
pizza is italian

Italian is american

>pizza is italian
Do Americans really Italian this?

Here (Nova Scotia) we have garlic fingers which has garlic butter instead of pizza sauce, and its cut into fingers instead of triangles. Also optionally topped with bacon.

Drowning anything edible in olive oil is a mediterranian thing, and its fucking terrible

It's alright, but I prefer pizza with sauce.

So, tomato casserole, then?

isn't this just a garlic pizza

nigga that's garlic bread

Sounds like a western NY thing. Olive oil, garlic butter, garlic and red pepper flakes, then cheese and toppings.

As opposed to oily flatbread?

looks perfect for my acid reflux. cant eat tomatoes anyway

Yeah, lots of local places have that, although they call it white pizza because just saying the words oil pizza makes you retch a little.

yeah tastes like basically a cheesy garlic bread in pizza form, available at a fair few pizzerias and italian places

Ur a culinary pleb and I pity you.

My local pizza place didn't make white pizzas until I ordered it and it's become one of the top selling items.

Now when I order the owner gives me a free small white pizza or 50% off a large with free toppings.

T. Mediterranian defense force

I went to a pizza place in Canada that make thin pizzas with a thick roux made of mushroom, canola oil, spices, and potato starch, instead of the typical tomato sauce.

Yeah, the pizza store I run has a "bianco" sauce. Its just olive oil, parsley, oregano, basil, and minced garlic mixed together.

No, and I don't understand anyone who claims oil is a great substitute for actual sauce.

"Oil gives it the flavor"
No it fucking doesn't you greasy subhuman. Oil is a means to evenly cook the actual ingredients that give your dish flavor. Adding a shitload of olive oil to everything does nothing besides make the dish unappetizing and clog your pores.

The authentic way to do it is to use ranch sauce instead of oil

Yeah, it's pretty popular where I live too. Except they don't just do with plain cheese pizza, but with other toppings as well. It's good, we've ordered olive oil base instead of sauce before many times, and it's nice, you can really taste the cheese and toppings. It's especially nice on a Margarhita pizza, or with cheese, mushrooms, and spinach.

Why would you think they add "a shit load" of olive oil? They brush it on, they don't fucking pour it. You're fucking pleb trash.
(Also, eating olive oil doesn't clog your pores, dumbass)

Wipe the grease off your keyboard, then shut the fuck up.
youtube.com/watch?v=seBh3gQt868
This is an example of idiotic use of oil. You have vegetable stock, fresh veg, and broth. Literally everything you need is already in the pot.
But lo and behold you're Italian. You need 40x the daily intake of oil or else you dry up in the sun so what do you do? You drown the soup in a disgusting amount of olive oil.

Need I remind you of a certain Italian granny and her specialty pasta? While that entire video is vomit inducing, the saddest fact is that most Italians would agree with her that oil gives the pasta flavor (it fucking doesn't).

There is (or more likely "was") a pizza place in my hometown that did a five-cheese pizza with garlic infused olive oil instead of tomato sauce. It was very good.

-Marco is French, not Italian
-that's an appropriate amount of oil considering the amount of vegetables he's trying to fry
I kinda get the feeling you don't cook much

The balance of flavors in a red pizza with bread, tomato and oil is better than this. If you want a cheese pizza without the tomato then you have to include a cheese that is tart for it to work. Mozz and oil will be too one note.

He's English with a French name and an Italian mother. Probably has some French influence from his father's side but I wouldn't consider him French. I know he doesn't.

You mean bread sticks?