Does this even classify as cheese

Does this even classify as cheese

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JahMQ5T4058
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The label says "processed cheese-food product" for a reason

and yet amerifats call them "cheese"

Amerifat here its good on a burger

i'm so terribly sorry for offending you, next time i see a package of kraft singles, i will make sure to explicitly refer to it as "processed cheese product" from now on just for your sake, and insist that all my friends and family do the same

fucking idiot

I call margarine "butter". It's not like it matters in your average conversation.

they make good grilled cheese sammiches

I am a bong and I agree, good on a burger.

O B S E S S E D
B
S
E
S
S
E
D

French here, fuck ameritards

me frum french. I we it call cheese! Viry good cheese.

>fuck ameritards

for burgers only, with exceptions for grilled cheese if you're already too fucked up to go to a store for something else.

technically not cheese but who the fuck is pedantic enough to use processed cheese food in conversation.

It matters if you talk about food

Not really. They are mostly interchangeable food products. I'm not trying to convince anyone a steak is basically a carrot.

Not all American cheese is "cheese food product" you retards. This is the good stuff here.

>pasteurized process amercian cheese

i.e. not actually cheese

It clearly says with added calcium and vitamin D.

Not helping.

>good on a burger
the BEST for a burger!

also true

Only thing that you will get over here is pasteurized. Is safe that way.

Hundreds have been poisoned, and dozens of people have died in the 40ish food poisoning outbreaks in Europe because of unpasteurized cheese.

American cheese like that is only good as a topping.

>I'm not trying to convince anyone a steak is basically a carrot.
yes you are. you are trying to pass a plastic polymer aberration with no alimentary value for a protein rich dairy food.

>with added calcium and vitamin d
lmao. just like with toothpaste, everything must be converted into a bioengineered weapon of population control, right americans?

Don't like it? Don't eat it. It's godly on a burger or Bologna sandwich. You don't have to buy the"cheese food product" anyway, there is real American cheese available also.

The only people dying from cheese is eurotards

I am li Itali from Europi and Americani Kraft Cheesi is the best Cheesi in the world!

of course i wont eat that trash. but thats not the point, point is you said you werent trying to pass a carrot for a steak, and you clearly are.

if you have a guest from a cultured country staying in your house, and he asks if you have cheese, will you try and trick him saying yes (risking making him mad at breakfast when you present him that plastic crap as food), or will you be honest?

This is really good on a cold sandwich like maw maw used to make.

>Two slices of white bread
>Generous smear of Hellman's mayonnaise
>Two Kraft singles
>Glass of whole milk to wash it down

Delicious.

I don't buy it, only poverty tier food stamp people buy that. It's cheep for a reason. Anyone who buys it knows it's not the best. But you, of course. You must think we treat "cheese food product" as a gourmet food served with crackers and wine and stuff. It's pathetic. Are you going to apologize to the dozens of people killed in Europe from poisoned cheese?

It is made almost entirely of milk and shares a nearly identical nutrition profile with your average traditional cheese.

Well to be honest, it doesn't contain E.coli or salmonella like euro cheese.

uh you forgot to list the meat, right? surely you aren't eating plain ass "sandwiches" made of nothing but cheese and mayo

That's not something that would typically be listed on the ingredients label or in the nutrition panel.

>Does this even classify as cheese
No, but it does classify as plastic.

It has such a low dairy content that I, a lactose intolerant person, can eat it. Unfortunately, I often don't want to if it's not on a burger. For that reason I can eat Kraft Mac n Cheese though, so that's great. I just add some lactose free milk.

My life is a waking nightmare.

No. But I do buy it. Why? I hide my dog's medication in it, because she loves cheese, even the fake crap. She recognizes the sound of the wrapper and comes running. Otherwise, she'd just spit out her meds.

That's American fine dining, you filthy communist.

still worth it for the flavour

enjoy your heart disease

>polymer
That's not how it works you fucking dumb faggot.

>I read e-chainletters

People who talk shit about american cheese are fucking idiots. Europeans love to be smug and gay about hating on american cheese. Instead of american they eat edam cheese which tastes pretty similar and melts well. I don't even really think its any better than real american cheese. Kraft singles are not real american cheese.

There is a time and place for american cheese and burgers is one of the best examples of that. Nothing creates the same melty gooey texture on a burger like high quality american cheese.

Putting cheddar on a burger is for fucking faggots because cheddar separates when melted and loses a lot of its flavor when eaten at a high temperature. Prove me wrong eurocunts.

hahah "cultured country". Which "cultured country" are you from Mr.smugbot?

>mwf i realized american mcdonalds' actually sell some cheese like processed imitation instead of local cheddar like they do in civilized countries where it's probably illegal to even sell that poison

>mfw this whole thread

There was no meat.

This nigga knows what's up. I buy costco brand though. Tastes the same but the slices are a little larger.

Yes it is actual cheese. The only ingredient is cheddar cheese. It is melted and heated / cooled in a way to homogenize the cheese to where it melts the way it does.

What isn't real cheese is the individually wrapped Kraft "Singles" and their equivalent. They are labeled "Pasteurized Process American Cheese Product". They are cheese with soybean oil and other crap. Cheese listed as Deluxe American is real cheese.

Best on a burger is actually pic related in This is the stuff they use at In-n-out, McDonalds, etc. not the soybean olil laden stuff in OPs pic.

>being this retarded

this is the real cheese right here

youtube.com/watch?v=JahMQ5T4058
It's only called cheese because you can use it in a similar way, but apparently it holds up better than the usual cheese product.

It is not the only ingredient. Kraft Singles and Deluxe have very similar ingredients, incidentally. And one of the main difference as far as I can tell is Milk Protein Concentrate that the FDA claims is not allowed in certain cheese foods, for reasons I can't really be arsed to figure out.

Neither contains soybean oil. And all American Cheese is processed and cannot be sold as just "cheese", that is the legal definition.

To be fair I have not seen edam cheese anywhere in my local stores. I would buy that instead.

blah blah "people die from being poisoned by your cheese" blah "it says exactly what it is on the label, idiot" blah "obsessed"

Your first-grade teacher was wrong. There are stupid questions.

It's better if you take out the yellow bit and just eat the see through stuff.

We are not beefburger obsessed like you Amerilards.

I bet this is a real treat for the American household. No doubt when they pop the lid it brings the same joy as when I pop a champagne cork.

You know that's nothing near realistic, but hey. As long as you're enjoying yourself, right, bud? :)

The answer is no but it goes good on burgers so it has its uses

>ooooh no annatto and calcium phosphate gonna die :((((

Yuros have weak stomachs

>Add salt to cheddar
>No longer cheese

Relax little boy, the poster was answering your question

It's not a health concern, it's a flavor one.

>opens bottle of champagne
>immediately thinks of americans and cans of spray cheese

OBSESSED

>Wisconsin wins a 'world' cheese competition organised by the Association of Wisconsin Cheesemakers.
Sounds legit.

Reading comprehension, Sharty.

Kek

That shit on ritz crackers was my childhood

american cheese is like cheese just like meatloaf is meat. yeah there is other shit in it but it is cheese

Sometimes it do, sometime not

sometime they make it with powders and oil, sometime they use milk and cheese

you can make it yourself too

>tfw homemade pepperjack american cheese on my girl cheese sanwich

According to a sourced wikipedia paragraph they can't even call it "cheese food" now, lmao.

They were calling Kraft Singles Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Food until the FDA gave them a warning in December 2002 that the product could not be legally labeled as "Pasteurized Processed Cheese Food" due to the inclusion of milk protein concentrates. Kraft complied with the FDA order by changing the label to the current Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product[4]

My splitting sides.

No, not if it's suppertime and he would expect a plate of cheeses or something. But if I made them a burger and they asked if I had cheese for it, and I only had singles on hand, I'd say yes.

it's good, but the price is fucking bonkers

This, I'm tired of reading people talk about
>Not real cheese though
Just because Kraft is shit doesn't mean that American cheese as a concept is. It was originally intended to be a blend of cheeses, so it's not necessarily just one cheese and therefore couldn't be called cheese but instead a processed cheese product

Edam has the same texture but the taste is nothing similar. Maybe if it was luminous orange

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
AMERICA IS A FYCKING CULTURAL WASTELAND AHAHAHHA

just call them singles like everyone else you autist

Absolute madman

are people even aware that you can get American cheese by the block and its different?

kraft singles are not even real American cheese let alone cheese in general

Kraft makes over 30 variations of American cheese, so which, precisely, version are you referring to? Because the deli version is still classified as "cheese," not " cheese food product."

>are people even aware that you can get American cheese by the block and its different?

Of course! But it's nearly just as bad.

Kraft singles? 1/10 "cheese".
Actual American cheese (not processed food product) 3/10 cheese.

Yeah, it's better, but it still stucks.

The original meaning for cheese is pretty vague, and would include any shaped liquid food (hence head cheese not being a milk product at all).
So it definitely qualifies.

I fucking hated it as a kid. Deli cheese was so vastly superior, I'd go to the local bodega and get a dollar worth of cheese, melt that shit and eat it on some bread. Swiss cheese blew my nine year-old mind.

All cheese produced in the USA is objectively, fucking shit.

>>he's never tried humbolt fog or anything from jasper hill

point and laugh.

Pasteurized crap, user.
Get imported stuff.

Completely wrong. Literally any country can produce good cheese.

>Get imported stuff.

How's that going to help? It's illegal to import unpasteurized cheese less than a certain age. And that age is far too old.

Why is that smart guy?

Sorry, I don't want to get food poisoning

Because the milk here is shit quality and tainted by antibiotics.

Funny how the rest of the world manages it without being sick, you genetic beta.

I guess I was just pretending to enjoy that Vermont cheddar earlier

You wouldn't know any better.

You will be hard pressed to find a brand of milk that contains rbst anymore. Hell, even Kroger milk does not contain any antibiotics. Update your memes.