What region of America makes the best BBQ? I say carolinas

What region of America makes the best BBQ? I say carolinas.

I agree

Apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, diced red peppers. Wood smoked. Pork only. Everything else isn't bbq, it's just another way to cook meat.

Basically the bible belt is the best at it. N/S Carolina, Tennessee etc.

Fucking South isn't that bad ether. Mississippi, Louisiana and even Florida make solid BBQ. The only real notable exception in my opinion would be Arkansas...that entire state sucks at everything that isn't a naturally occurring hot spring.

There is nothing that can convince me to move to Florida.

What if I offered you a Snickers?

kek

I agree also

VINEGAR BASED SAUCE>KETCHUP BASED SAUCE

Ketchup has vinegar in it

>no potato salad
4/10

Well that is a very contentious statement

Texas

Now show a relative humidity map from late summer for comparison.

I could just whip out my swampy nuts.

Not only that, ketchup IS a vinegar-based sauce.

Shit, I remember that back in 2013.
For my lifetime it was the coldest I've ever been in my state.
We lost power at my place and ended up drinking 2 racks of keystone between 7 people.

Oregon never gets that cold, it hit -11.

Yank that lived in daytona and the keys. It's alright, gets old quick though, but I dont consider that true "florida" experience.

There's no discernible difference between BBQ made regionally. The difference only occurs in the sauce.

NC BBQ > SC BBQ > Dog Shit > Everyone Else's BBQ > BBQ made by whites

Explain the differences. I'll wait.

Mustard base master race

It's also the meats used by each state

Woohoo! Mississippi mentioned and it isn't negative

Only state noteworthy is Texas and it's brisket and beef ribs.

He lives in NC and that's the only bbq he has

Texas for beef, Carolinas for everything else

1. Memphis
2. Kansas City
3. Texas
4. Hawaii
5. Alabama/Louisiana
6. St. Louis
7. Carolinas

Carolinas can't appreciate a nice thick layer sweet and spicy sauce over a smoked rack of ribs, so they get a shit ranking because they are shit.

BRUTAL
R
U
T
A
L

Your list is OK except I'd toss Hawaii and put NC in there. Their pulled pork sandwich is GOAT. Also, boot AL off the face of the earth; you might as well say MN has great BBQ.

Britbong here. Wish there were places here that serve that kind of food. It looks fucking spectacular! I bet them meat sweats are amazing.

I just realized opening an authentic American BBQ place in the UK, Germany, Korea, Japan, China, wherever could be one of the most lucrative restaurant ventures possible. You guys have no idea what you're missing out on.

Tennessee.

There are US bbq places in the UK, SKorea and China.

They're probably shit though. Like the Mexican food in the US outside of the Southwest.

I just had a look at a few in the uk and they look pretty shit. No super slow cooked cuts. Just your basic burgers and pulled pork.

>St. Louis

>Not accepting Korean BBQ as the true master race.

Plebians

are you retarded? ketchup is a tomato based sauce as evidenced by it being at least 3/4 tomato. vinegar-based sauces follow a similar ratio.

Haha!
This nigga.

>weebbq
>even close to american smokey goodness

Trying out one of these quality BBQ places is the only reason I'd have any desire to visit America to be honest senpai.

There's one I know of in SK. I've heard it's good. Maybe not quite as good as it is stateside, but still a far better fare than whatever else you can get.

Your local Koreatown.

It's all good.

That's not even close to US slow smoked large cuts of meat. Korean "BBQ," while good, is grilling, not BBQ. Not comparable in the least.

i used to live in arkansas, that hot springs comment made me laugh, but yeah that is a dead state with nothing of cultural or culinary note

birthplace of walmart though

i hate texas but texas bbq is the best. i feel that all the best regions do low and slow are good. there are a few that dont use real smoke or basically grill their shit and thats stupid. I would eat at any great bbq shack but if they were all in a line id be going to texas first every time.

Sup Bill Clinton?

Louisville

NC
SC
TX
Everything Else

Tri tip n. California

Brisket. Texas specifically central

Pork butt and ribs carolinas vinegar sauce

Whole hog north carolina

Louisiana with their sweet sweet cochon de lait

>carolinas
That's not how you spell Kansas City

2nd this.

If not, I think it's better than Kansas BBQ thou.

everything in this picture looks mediocre

lol