Sunday Night Cookery thread

Sunday Night Cookery thread

What are yall cooking/eating this Mother's Day.
>also
What should I make to eat?

I said fuck it and ordered a pizza. Now I'm getting hammered.

Making Chelow
Never had it before or made it before so we'll see how it turns out

what is Chelow?

what is google?

Persian rice
Its essentially basmati rice with saffron, with half of it being a crust of rice formed with yogurty rice

>posts delicious gooey cheese sticks
>doesn't post a recipe

what is your major malfunction, OP?

How much was the saffron? Did you have to buy any other special ingredients to make it?

>crust
It's called tahdig mah nig. I have no idea how my grandma makes the tahdig not burnt and really potato-fluffy looking but no restaurant can even compare.

I painted that picture, not real food. Sorry to disappoint.

Looks really good. Are those tomatoes bordering it?

I'm using whole cumin seeds instead of saffron because poorfag. Nothing really for special ingredients besides.
Looks like some roasted cherry tomatoes, I just got that image from google though

made some fried chicken and pasta

My mother is a bitch, and my fiance is a night nurse and works tonight.

However over the last two days I've made veal ravioli with a hand made sauce, tzatzki, shredded chicken in a crock pot and a vegetble medley. With all that I loaded her lunch box along with some crackers.

Fuck my mom, that psycho bitch can eat a hot pocket for all I care.

Op tell me how do that cheese fingers please

I made this hummingbird cake. It's a 3 layer banana cake with crushed pineapple and pecans and cream cheese filling/frosting. Haven't cut into it yet, but I ate a bowl of cake tops with extra frosting after I finished decorating and it was great.

I'm a sucker for banana cake. And cream cheese frosting. And pecans. The pineapple is a nice addition.

made Serious Eats' Easy Pressure Cooker Chicken Enchiladas.

Came out really good, but I had to go all over town just to find dried ancho chillies.

>mom can eat a hot pocket

Dude, relax, I know the feels but at least do a hamburger helper. Hot pockets are almost like a death penalty.

My family and I made vegetable kebabs, chicken kebabs with spicy citrus marinade, pork and pinapple kebabs with mu ping marinade, rice pilaf, and pavlova (pic related)

i-is that pineapple on those kebabs?
Also the farther left the kebabs are the better they look.

Also your rice pilaf looks delightful.

Do you have a family to serve that to?

>i-is that pineapple on those kebabs?
Yeah not my idea. Tastes good tho just wish it hadn't been mixed with the pork.

>Also the farther left the kebabs are the better they look
Yeah, but they were all good, the chicken ones were my favorite

>Also your rice pilaf looks delightful.
Thanks, it tasted great unfortunately it was a somewhat undercooked cause I fucked up. Pilaf is so much easier with any grain that isn't rice.

Here's the result. Was pretty tasty, very earthy, needed a little salt

Siliceshot

Looks pretty taste

yo oh my god
amazing work

i've done this for the past 2 weekends and made enough for the workweek. still not tired of them

Chicken thighs, kale salad, sweet potato puree. Took like 3 hours to make, would not do again.

How did that take 3 hours?

I also tried to make deviled eggs and cookies but it came out awful.

Just me and my sister. I'll bring most of it to work and give it away, I just like trying new recipes.

you guys are absolutely amazing
do you like my lil cookies? they're oatmeal raisin

this is unreal user. i can't wait to see the slicepic

Them some aesthetic cookies
This is indeed a good thread, glad I posted in it

Aglio e olio from binging with reddit because its the only thing I actually know how to cook to impress my mom.
Added three extra cloves of garlic, halved the oil, doubled the red pepper, and halved the parsley. Way fucking better than the first time I followed his recipe.

I live in a different country than my mom so I'm putting off cooking for her until I go visit at the end of June for my dad's 60th. Tonight I just made a shakshuka for myself and my roommate. Followed the New York Times's recipe minus the cayenne, turned out phenomenally. One of the best things I've ever made.

Gorgeous

Doesn't matter how long it takes as long as you're having fun and learning.

Shit that looks fucking great.
Is that about right for two people or did you end up with a lot of leftovers? I'd love to make that but eating it myself would be a challenge

The NYT says it's 4-6 servings but we found that it's 3 servings MAX. We were both really hungry so we actually managed to eat all of it. If you're eating by yourself you could definitely get 2 or 3 meals out of it.

Wow nice job user. Do you have a recipe? Also, how would you rate the difficulty on a scale from 1-10 (10 being most difficult)? I'm not trying to avoid effort, but I typically prefer to spend my efforts on the rest of the meal unless I really want to impress a guest.

>A rare moment where Veeky Forums proves it is actually capable of cooking anything

Those look Fucking Nice™

I made steak au poivre for my mom, thanks for the recipe, Veeky Forums

Thanks for the comments! Cut off a slice with my sis after lunch today and we both ate them before I thought to take a pic. Here's one of the inside. I think this might be my new favorite cake--the pineapple is a great addition for moisture and flavor.

I really need to get some more actual cake pans so I can stop using the disposable and getting the silly looking edges. At least the frosting firmed up really nice.

fell for the mint meme and cooked some sautéed mushrooms with red pepper flakes, garlic and mint. not a great idea to be quite honest.

Finally

did your sister like it?

Yeah, she did--said it was really moist but good. She's the actual chef in the family so it's nice to hear that from her. She also loves cream cheese frosting so this was an easy win for her.

she liked it from behind

What happened to the eggs?