Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J3gcwFi3X0g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this triggers the ck

>put pasta on boiling water
>starts to bubble up and spill on stove
>add OLUV OIL
>bubbles die down and stops splling
Don't see why you are having an autistic moment about oil in water it works well

Or turn down your stove you super retard.

Or put a wooden spoon over the pot

Gordon Ramsay says to, so I do

or pour in more water like literally every person ever

or don't overfill the pan to start with

>proceeds to add dry, unsoaked beans to shitty stew

youtube.com/watch?v=J3gcwFi3X0g

Why do I often see spaghetti put in vertically?

Wouldnt that cause the bottom half to cook for longer?

You just pull it out and flip it round the other way to cook the other end.

>6 minute long video of cooking shit chili interspersed with random cuts to shit
For what fucking purpose

horizontal pasta can't absorb water. It's actually hydrophobic while it's horizontal. That's why stir pasta. Pasta is like a polarizing lens filter.

>Starts to bubble up and spill on stove

Does this actually happen? Are there actually people that don't occasionally stir their pasta, people that not only don't stir but also use comically undersized pots?

You stir it until every noodle isn't sticking, then you walk away, leave a wooden spoon over top of your pot and turn it down to half heat.

Use penne, problem solved.

If Gordon Ramsay jumps off a cliff, would you do it too?

>overflowing
>hurr better pour more in
u^

I dont like having to stand and watch my pot but I like it to cook fast so I usually fly my remote helicopter directly over top of the pot to break the bubbles and stop it from over flowing

it works pretty well desu

Depends. Is the ground nice and hot?

lol

>Chef ramsay walks in on these anons arguing about how to stop the water from boiling over the pot

I've always salted and put a few drops of oil in water i'm going to boil pasta in, always before I even put it on heat though, are you supposed to do something else?

>breaking the spaghetti
>oil in the water
>salt in the water

What are some pasta memes you fell for?

salt in the water is legit.

don't put oil in, sauces won't coat oily spaghetti.

If your spaghetti stick together, you are not using enough water.

break. no (thats some fruit-molesting shit)
oil. no
salt. yes

I will tell you why:
the oil not only puts a little oily layer on top of the water BUT ALSO on your pasta, making it harder for sauce to stick to pasta.
NOW YOU KNOW

>he buys spaghetti that needs to be broken

>People on ck cant even boil pasta correctly
>lel

>Boil kettle, add pasta to a large enough pot, add salt. Turn on heat
>Pour water over
>Stir occasional so that the pasta doesn't stick to itself or the pot.
>When ready, pour into a colander, shake excess water out
>Drizzle pasta with olive oil to prevent sticking and drying out

Adding oil to the water is retarded, it does literally nothing.

If your pasta is boiling over your using too small a pot or too high a heat.

>see obvious joke thread on Veeky Forums
>autistic neets feel smugly superior as they try to explain how to boil pasta
>on a cooking board

You kids have kept this thread alive for seven hours without posting a single joke.

nice and hot joke was okay

i love you user

>believing this was a joke

You actually think people on ck can cook? Most can barely order a mcChicken without spilling their spaghetti.

Fuck off retard.

I think OP was joking.

>this triggers the italian

well there's people using rice cookers so what do you think?

I think that pasta looks comfy, like it's kicking back in a spa bath.

Yeah. You're right.

>sauces won't coat oily spaghetti.

Not if the oil is fresh. But by the time it's been boiled for 9 minutes, strained, and put back in the pan, most of the oil is gone. I actually add MORE oil after I strain it to keep the noodles from sticking if I think they're going to be sitting more than a few minutes. Once they start to dry, it becomes a starchy mess trying to separate them.

>salting after boiling
The only part I disagree with

I try to coat my pasta with the oil so it doesn't stick later on.

Helps me desu.

>My dad swears by adding oil to pasta
>Claims that if you don't add oil the noodles stick together
>Start living on my own
>Realize you can just rinse the pasta after cooking it and it accomplishes the same thing but still allows sauce to stick to noodles
>Tell dad this
>He claims all the professionals add oil
>look this up
>It's the exact opposite
>He refuses to accept this and still adds oil to this day
By the time I saw proper pasta I was already a man

Why do they need the "YES ITS AS POUND!" Like do people think they're getting tricked by the net weight and need reassurance?

My mom marinates ribeyes and new york strips in teriyaki for hours, doesn't set them out to reach room temp and puts them on the grill cold and cooks them well done. Says she likes the tougher texture.

>Why do they need the "YES ITS AS POUND!"

Because people tend to estimate things via length. Most people find it very difficult to estimate via weight unless they work in a trade that requires them to weigh things often, like a postal clerk or someone who works in a deli.

Thus, the box for the broken pasta looks smaller to the average person who can't judge anything via the weight in their hand and instead depends on looking at the dimensions of it. Stating that it's "still a pound" reassures people that even thought the box is shorter than a standard pasta box the amount of food inside remains the same.

>rinsing pasta
you're no better than your father, dipshit.

Hi you bunch of fucking retards, here is how to make pasta. I swear to god it's ten million times better than worrying about foamy rabies water hissing all over your stove.

>fill pot with water
>insert pasta
>turn on heat
>when it starts to boil, turn off heat and cover
>drain when al dente

There. That's it.

>adding pasta before water is boiling
>covering boiling pasta
get out. just fucking get a bigger pot or dont overfill with water you retarded fucks.

>dash of sauce in water to give cooking pasta flavor
Worst I've seen

Oh Lord I would kill myself if I had to eat that.

>Sauce wont stick to oiled pasta

Literally the dumbest shit I've heard all month. Any good pasta sauce will contain a fair bit of good quality oil anyway.

There is no layer retard, oil is gone after you drain it.

Believe it or not kiddo but salt in the water is just a meme
Adding enough salt to change the boiling point even 1 degree would make your water taste as salty as ocean water. It's not doing anything to add a pinch of salt to your pot

My dad always added a little garlic butter to the finished noodles after straining, sauce stuck to them fine. You olive oil plebs don't know what you're missing

Spaghetti is shit pasta anyway. Penne, ziti, rigatoni, or get the fuck out.

You're right that it doesn't affect the boiling point.

It does, however, affect the flavor of the pasta. Its purpose is flavor.

So no oil and no salt? Fuck I been doin it wrong this whole time

Salt yes.
Oil no.

I want to be this guy's friend

You are a meme. Have you ever been in italy? met an italian? Salt is for fucking seasoning the pasta, you need it. You have no fucking clue of what you are talking about.

quads have spoken. he must leave forever and kill himself.

You're so wrong. It's not even funny.

After being corrected by others I hope you've learned your lesson not to speak about things that are way out of your depth. So eager to look cool amongst your peers you nervously spout bullshit without understanding.

I've been seeing this comment over the course of a day and I want the poster to know how fucking angry it makes me every time. Good job being a fucking blight on chemical science.

heathens and poorfags using electric stoves don't have the immediate and fine temperature control of a gas stove.

the only way to stop a pot from boiling over on an electric is to remove the pot from heat. while on a gas stove, you can just during down the flame.

>using the word comfy to describe an inanimate object
Fucking kill yourself

It's to season both the pasta and the water which you should be putting aside to add to the sauce to create a nice, sexy emulsion with that starchy starchy water.

Idiot.

>Ground. Nice and hot.
>Get some height on the cliff, you can't get any higher once the meat's jumped.
>Jumper in, let the gravity do the work.
>Flail, two or three seconds each side.
>Wait for the splat.
>Done.
>Beautiful.

Hahahhaah

You add oil to the cooked pasta once its drained. Then you can use it for days and it doesn't stick.

Spaghetti are too long to put horizontally in the average pot, and breaking them is our if the question. I usually wait a few seconds for the bottom half to start cooking, then gently push the rest of the spaghetti underwater

Proper pasta is neither rinsed with cold or hot water nor cooked in nor coated with oil. It just boiled in enough water and eaten fresh.

Then the oil will be dispersed throughout the sauce, it won't have time to to coat the pasta before even adding the sauce, retard.

>people are still arguing about boiling pasta

Wow.

Everybody in this thread are wrong.

>not using the smallest pot possible and as little water as possible to get really starchy water for sauce making

>a chef's dream

it evenly flavors the pasta. the salt crystals dissolve in the water as opposed to being sprinkled on top.

Salt goes in the boiling water with the pasta
Lower the heat when it starts to boil again so that it's nearly boiling.
Stir it for a bit a few times while it's cooking
No rinsing required after straining.
Pasta doesn't stick unless you wait until it dries before you serve it.
The sauce should be sufficiently salty and oily anyways.

That looks the lady cop gives her at the end is what makes it for me. Also the smug happiness on her black doctor bodyguard who probably loathed that bitch as and was secretly happy she didnt win. And also Bill's glee that his cunt wife didn't one up him to become the first lady president.

EVERYTHING about that clip makes me smile.

go back to lebbit you easily trolled mong

You sound like an angry, pathetic loser. She lost and still is more successful than you are.

>Lay wooden spoon over top of pot
>Literally will not ever boil over
>No oil, no stirring, no bullshit
Try it Veeky Forums

A 3 michelin star chef puts olive oil in the water to boil pasta

>Veeky Forums argues not to do it

I used to add oil in the water because my parents did so assuming it prevents them from sticking.
It doesnt, the spaghetti doesnt magically stick together in a rolling water that you stir occasionally.
Add olive oil after you've drained the water.

>so deluded he trusts a tire corporation to tell him how to cook pasta instead of the Italians who perfected the technique

The definitive, dare I say, "cuck?"

What I do is:
>Fill pot about halfway full of water and let it boil
>Add pasta vertically and push it down with a wooden spoon without letting the top half sit out of the water for too long
>Add salt once it's all in
>Keep temperature on high the whole time
>Stir occasionally until cooked, lift the pan off the heat for a few seconds if I added too much water and it starts to bubble over (surprisingly doesn't happen often)
>Drain water, don't rinse, add back to pot
>Add sauce
>Serve
It just works.

Garlic butter sounds damn good in pasta.

I haven't once had a problem with the water boiling over while cooking pasta. I have a steel pot, not a particularly big one, around 2 litres. I have it on the largest ring at the highest temperature, the water is at a rolling boil. I add a couple of teaspoons of salt, then add the pasta and leave it for 10 minutes or so. I never add oil or place a spoon on the pot, yet it never boils over. What am I doing differently to people who experience this problem?

Marco Pierre White is part Italian, he uses olive oil in the water, and after draining.

Are you, dare I say, "BTFO"?

He also shills for stock cubes and puts cream in Carbonara.

1) Stock cubes are delicious.
2) He used them as a 3 star chef, before he promoted them.
3) Cream in carbonara sounds delicious.

>le amateur cook insults a world-class chef for using something he also promotes

It's a joke. How's life on the spectrum?

He has also said that you shouldn't in other videos. He really couldn't give less of a shit when making those videos.

>He has also said that you shouldn't in other videos
Show the video.

You think he cooks the same way in those Knorrā„¢ videos as he does at home or in his restaurants? Nobody is claiming to know better than him.

literally completely wrong

So you're saying he lies about having used them for years before promoting them?

He probably makes his own stock in his restaurant too. But why wouldn't he use them?

I think this is a case of people refusing to believe a professional chef uses pre-packaged ingredients. It's just concentrated stock that tastes good. What's the big deal?

I watched his meatball video earlier, he said he likes pasta with butter, but when draining it he used a bit of olive oil instead. Just a variation, but still adding oil at the end. The oil in the water probably helps make it more silky, even if it absorbs just a small amount during cooking.

okay retards here is the official 10/10 goat way

>boil water
>add generous pinch of salt
>add pasta
>put lid on pot until water returns to a boil
>stir pasta to prevent sticking
>remove from pot when slightly less cooked than desired
>finish in sauce