Are packaged pickles any good?

Are packaged pickles any good?

They aren't bad but the packaging is shit and I spilled the juice all over the place. Expensive too.

I wouldn't buy that. And this is coming from someone that is fond of pickles.

ONE WHOLE PICKLE ?!!

Please tell me this is a fake product.

This.

If the pickle isn't coming right out of a big ass brine barrel, don't buy it.

Meh. For the cost of an average jar of pickles, you get one pickle that tastes the same, but comes in shitty packaging that spills everywhere.

GF wanted one at an NBA game one night. Not sure why she was craving a pickle at a basketball game....

No you idiot... It's gluten free. Don't you have an understanding of how difficult it is to not want to eat gluten?

Single packed pickles?
That is so fucking retarded.

I know. But this girl in an ASMR video I was watching was eating them and it looked good.

>no brine added

Who cares? If anything this is negative

ops pic is hipster faggottry but single packaged pickles have been around forever for something like a buck, at gas stations all over the place

>no brine added
isnt that kind of the point of pickles though?

I can't find the exact brand i grew up with but single serving pickle packets are the shit dude. They only sold them in deli but they're fucking perfect to chase your sandwich with. Who wants to bring a fucking jar to school or work.

A salami and cheese roll, some sour cream and onion chips, an arizona and a pickle.

>got a pickle in a pack once
>spicy flavor
>actually fairly spicy which is weird for supermarket food
>serving size: 1/5th of the pickle
>1/5th pickle has 102% of your daily sodium

Used to buy one at lunch in school, stab it with a straw and it was dense enough but wet enough that you could suck it through.

Veeky Forums, excluding making your own, what are the best pickles one can reasonably buy?

Crunchy, vinnegar-y dill. None of this sweet shit.

1. Expensive
2. The ones I have bought were mainly spicy or hot compared to regular pickles. Like, you wouldn't want a jar of these pickles because they are spicier than something that is excessively spiced.
3. I bought a pickle out of a wooden barrel at a gas station once. It was real good. It was a northern Ontario gas station that was half hunting lodge.

claussens

by far..

>tfw it's not the pickle that actually tastes good, it's everything around the pickle

I only get the spicy kind and put them on grilled cheese

Vlasic

You mean a grilled pickle and cheese sandwich

>Single packed pickles?
>That is so fucking retarded.
Packs into lunches quite well, like on an airplane dinner tray, school lunches, deli counters where you get sandwiches to go/delivery. Probably importantly, there are germaphobes who don't want some guy dipping into a big barrel with fingers or dirty tongs in some situations.

There are athlete types who SWEAR by the pickle juice recovery thing, so it might be a thing that they're handing these out to soccer or football kids post workouts, or in gyms everywhere.

I think the best pickles are all naturally fermented, or even half sours. But, for absolutely the best recipes, it'll have to be something spiced and a little sweet-hot. Whether it is horseradish chunky dills, or some kind of bread n butter. I like them all. I don't mind little crisp gherkins on a relish tray, or some awesome relishy chowchow or corn relish if homemade.
I often make "quick pickles" at home, and some are a matter of heating a liquid and pouring into a filled jar to enjoy in an hour or two, or the next day. I like a mexican jalapeno-red onion-carrot pickle equally as much as a thin cucumber and onion quick pickle, with sugar and dill and white vinegar, or a apple cider vinegar and chili flake fun. I really like whole pickled onions and mushrooms, white wine vinegar, some garlic, some herbs, and pickling spices. If you ever spot clean tight little fresh mushrooms, fill up your jar! They are my favorite pickle come to think of it.

Claussen

Claussin by far,

Vlassic and mt. olive are dogshit that normies think how pickles are

As in "no brine added to the package".
ie. it's not swimming in brine in the package so you don't have to be careful when opening it.

whenever i'm hungover i get a shitty packaged pickle, drink the brine and eat said pickle. works well for me tbqh

>pic related

could i get a link there user?

kys

im not even kidding

wtf man

Theyre usually too salty or the dill is too strong. I like the once in the pic, tho

naturally fermented, without the vinegar shit

who the fuck eats pickles that size

anything bigger than two whole fingers is garbage unless you're slicing it for a burger or something

huge pickles are a fucking travesty, they're always way too sour in the middle and too soft

save your tastebuds and just down a gatorade or pedialyte

>Buy jar of pickles
>More bang for your buck
>Can recycle the jar afterwards

>Buy individually packaged pickle
>Not cost-efficient for regular pickle eaters
>Packaging has to be thrown in the garbage

Seems like a shit idea.
The pickles that stick out of the brine are usually very mushy, so taking one out of its brine and then storing it can't be good for the pickle.

Grillo's Pickles.

Well if you live in New England. Shit's so good.
It's that type of pickle that's still kind of like a cucumber and they're cured in a Italian style brine with garlic and spices

I think they're alright on roadtrips as a gas stop snack. Wouldn't get them regularly.

yeah boi

I saved the spiced brine and just added more bread and butter chips

No

>that'll be 8$ plus tip :^)