Hello Veeky Forums

Hello Veeky Forums,

I don't cook a lot but I thought i would show you my process.

As you can see I like prepairing my ingridients neetly before I start.
I also use some canned products (in this case green beans) and some frozen products (in this case the onion, garlic and parsley).
I use chopped and frozen stuff because
I don't know how to properly chop them yet but I'm working on it.

I did however use fresh bell peppers (the 3 colored baggies) that I chopped and froze myself.

Enough rambling.

Today we are making a green bean *stew?

I start by frying onion.

(Food is ready and pics are taken, subsequent posts will follow swiftly)

When the onion turns a slight golden colour I add the chopped bell peppers (even though they all taste the same to me I like using different colors because it makes it look better).

I let everything fry until the onion turns a propper golden colour at which point I add a bit of juice from the bean jar and let everything boil at low fire until the peppers turn soft.

Finally. Some good knife skills.

Once everything is nice and soft I add the 2 jars of beans and some tomato sauce.
Stir and let boil for just a little while longer since the beans are precooked.

Once it boiled for about 3-5 minutes it's ready to be taken off the stove. At this point I add 2 cubes of garlic and 2 cubes of parsley and stir thoroughly.

Now all that remains is adding salt and black ground pepper to taste.

The only dishes I dirtied were the pot, the wooden spoon and the plate (which I use for resting my wooden spoon on).

This entire process took about 25-30 minutes.

It turned out to be quite good.

Do you have any tips to improve my cooking? (aside from using already chopped and frozen things, like I said I'm working on my chopping and dicing skills)

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic.

De donde eres?

Madrid, Parla.

Cocinar sopa de ajo, papi

I like that backsplash or tile pattern or whatever you call it

t-thanks i guess

what is it supposed to be? i dont understand are you just eating that with a spoon or it to be dumped over pasta/rice. also just buy fresh green beans and boil them certain things in cans are fine but those are gnarly, and why not go with fresh garlic? its cheap and takes a while to go bad.

just eating it with a spoon
maybe fry a piece of meat or an egg to go with it.

> *stew?

This is not a stew; it would be considered a vegetable soup.

>Do you have any tips to improve my cooking?

1. This is more of a long term goal, but learn to add seasoning (i.e. salt and pepper) as you add each ingredient adding just enough for what is being added. That is, add onions to the pan and add just enough salt / pepper for the onions, when translucent add the bell peppers and enough salt and pepper for the bell peppers, etc. Eventually, you get good at it and never end up having to adjust season at the end of your dishes and the overall flavor is better because you didn't just add salt to a cooked dish. The early addition of salt also helps draw moisture out of the vegetables so that they cook more quickly / evenly. While learning, taste after each addition for feedback.

2. Instead of just adding water and salt to your soup, use broth / stock / or bouillon. I use a product in the US called "Better Than Bouillon" (it is a paste). This adds extra flavor instead of just salt.

3. I am unfamiliar with the "garlic cube" thing. If the garlic is uncooked, add it to the pan before adding any liquid. Let it saute with the onions and peppers for 30-60 seconds before adding liquid.

Your dish looks good. I would eat it. I r8 6/8.

thank you very much for the tips and constructive criticism.

i did not actually add any water (only the juice that was in the bean jars)

and that tomato paste was actually boullion.

I'd say that's a good dice. Small enough for the spoon and even.

>store bought stock paste

You're better off using water and salt.

>I also use some canned products (in this case green beans) and some frozen products (in this case the onion, garlic and parsley).
>I use chopped and frozen stuff because
>I don't know how to properly chop them yet but I'm working on it.

i chopped the bell peppers myself

im only having trouble with onions and garlic.

and that was the only kind of parsley i had