Opinions on WAWA?

Opinions on WAWA?

For a gas station convenience store, it's not bad. Fruit bowls are decent and not over ripe, sandwiches are solid with a lot of variables and I like the touch screen ordering process.

Only real issue I have is having to take my ticket and stand in line behind a bunch of lotto junkies just to pay for my food, then walk BACK over to the food area.

Grab and go shit is more convenient.

Nice for a quick lunch on a roadtrip, and gives me fond memories of living in Jersey.

I need one where I live

Not as good as Sheetz, aside from their drink selection.

Subs are better than I ever expected

>Nice for a quick lunch on a roadtrip, and gives me fond memories of living in Jersey.
You are lucky you got out of NJ

They used to be way better until they started that in house baking of it. The rolls are garbage and mushy and gummy

It's good, I like it a lot. Good coffee and everything there is pretty cheap.

Can't go there any more, I got beef with the Snail.

WALA?

No faggot

I'm actually planning on moving back as soon as possible.

What do people hate so much about living in New Jersey? I lived in Warren and Middlesex counties, but only until I was 16, so while I saw plenty of the state I never lived on my own there.

Where did you move to? Also I hate the weather hate the gun laws hate the property tax.

Better than Sheetz.

i start my first day of work there tonight, 11-7. wish me luck bros.

I pump gas at wawa

Post restroom selfie in uniform. Preferably with a shorti.

Sheetz has way more choices

Vegas. I'm not planning on buying a house or gun anytime soon so those don't bother me. Though fall-spring here are more or less idyllic in temperate, the summer temperatures are ridiculous. My favorite kind of weather has always been rainy/overcast and I love forests so this city is very depressing.

don't have a uniform yet, i was told to come in in a plain collared shirt.

i didn't know they had full service wawas. i live in virginia, i think i heard up in jersey is where full service stuff happens.
i used to get sheetz pizza all the time,

how come i never see threads about 7-11 pizza?

Besides the weather what didn't you like about Nevada?

Vegasbro here - Mt. Charleston isn't that far away for a weekend trip if you've only been here for a bit and want to see some nice evergreens and decent scenery.

I hate the windy, dry, cold here in the winter, and I think people are under the assumption that it's nice in winter like Phoenix or Southern California, but that's not true at all. Summers are also painful, but I like pool weather.

Place is great for cost of living though.

Wawa is just okay.

I dwink wawa evewy day

what's rara, does it taste nice

>how come i never see threads about 7-11 pizza?

Because fags here like to spew nonsense about how American pizza is always garbage. 7-11 pizza is the best gas station pizza in existence.

On the gas station note Sheetz is for variety of food while Wawa is for quality. Their bacon turkey and ranch sandwiches may seem disgusting because they sit under a heat lamp but holy shit looks can be deceiving. Those alone can beat half the burgers at Sheetz. Sheetz is for those who can't find what they are looking for at Wawa and usually have shit like slushie machines and frozen yogurt if the store is newer/recently renovated.

>7-11 pizza is the best gas station pizza in existence.

This is an incredibly shitty low bar. Plus US 7-eleven is garbage tier compared to the stores in Asia

Where I live, 7-11s aren't conveniently located in busy enough areas to make their food anything more than something that sat unpleasantly long under a heat lamp. If you're going to 7-11, you're driving in most cases, so the food never gets swapped out, as most people are already in the car and can get something better.

I mean, I guess that would be the same case for Wawa here. Why eat at the gas station when there are going to be a million comparably priced and quick places on the way home?

>Sheetz

If you go to Sheetz and get anything but the boneless tendies, tossed in Dr. Pepper BBQ and blue cheese dipping sauce, with a side of mozzarella sticks, you fucked up.

>This is an incredibly shitty low bar. Plus US 7-eleven is garbage tier compared to the stores in Asia

They're at least good for a gas station. Comparing it to Sheet-za and various other small chains over had theirs taste better by far. I agree with the second part though, 7-11 here in the states is shit compared to some other countries in Asia.

>tfw you'll never by hentai from a Japanese 7-11

The dirty mag section in most convenience stores is shrinking to nonexistence since the only people that pick them up are children and really old people and really old people are the only ones actually buying

As true as that may be for you, places like Sheetz and Wawa are know for being places where you can do both with some of the food being up to fast food levels of good. Not to mention some Sheetz are being outfitted with a drive-thru so you can by practically anything without leaving your car if you don't need gas.

That BBQ sauce is fantastic along with their mozz sticks though I usually do weird shit like putting all that on a sub with chicken.

This makes me feel considering my first faps were to magazines vs the internet.

Chicken Caesar wrap and a Grandma Henderson Boysenberry soda, both of which are half consumed by the time I get home.

I've been here for a few years now and I definitely appreciate having Mt. Charleston nearby, the snow makes for a nice backdrop in the winter, but it's just the everyday experience of waking up to the glare of a cloudless sun reflecting off of a month's worth of dust buildup on beige stucco that's soul crushing to me. The winter definitely has a bite to it, and I think the dryness actually makes it worse than the east.

• The city is really isolated in the middle of the desert. It's 4 hours out to LA, Phoenix, and Flagstaff, 6 hours out to Salt Lake, etc, with very little in-between. It makes me feel agoraphobic.
• Despite the flashiness of the Strip, the houses here are overwhelmingly bland. Everywhere is the same ass-ugly beige stucco. I mentally catalogue and sometimes go slightly out of my way to see variations from it, like an A-frame on Robindale and a mortuary on Eastern with a nice roof.
• There's a very weak sense of history, especially since they've demolished most of old Vegas. I'm living in a part of town younger than I am. The downtown has some nice spots, but it's been mostly revamped too. Local stores cycle through so quickly that I've grown to assume that if I haven't been to a new place. It all makes the place feel really temporary.
• It's a town built around tourists rather than locals, and it you can really feel it. The Strip loses its novelty fast, and most of the side streets feel kind of run down, and not in a particularly charming way.
• Still no lightrail, but tons of road construction.
• I've personally been robbed twice in the nice part of town; walked in on it the second time.

The plus sides of living here are that the shopping is pretty great, there are plenty of places like arcades and trampoline parks if you want to make a day of them, the restaurants are really great, and it's a 24 hour town. The down side is that I don't have the money to take advantage of all that.

*if I haven't been to a new place since it's opened it's probably already closed down.

Sheetz may have more choices buy Wawa has better quality for what they do make.
It's better to be good at one thing than to be a jack of all trades.
(Former sheetz employee here)

WAWA is getting into the too many choices category now too. Also they need to go back to the old bread and bring the buffalo chicken on a kaiser roll back.

Also anyone remember back in the 90s when wawa had pizza hut and dunkin donuts?

I'm gonna defend the city a little bit, but I can understand why someone coming from something entirely different would hate it.

But...
>Isolated in the middle of the desert
So is Phoenix, California cities, so are most cities on the west coast. I find it frustrating when I go east that everything is basically just one big as shit megacity. There's no distance at all between you and the next group.
>Weak history
I mean, you just have to look for it. Sure, some bar hasn't been around since 1776, but the Pioneer Saloon outside of the city has bullet holes and a deep history to Clark Gable setting up shop there. There's ghost towns all around from the boomtowns of the west, with incredible stuff to see. Maybe check some of that out.
>Tourists rather than locals
I don't know about that, there's a huge sprawling area all outside of The Strip and downtown that tourists don't know exist. I mean, how far out of the Strip are you? Henderson and Summerlin are basically all master-planned, for locals, not tourists.
>Robbed
Sorry to hear it for sure, but again I question what areas you're in... the nice parts of town are literally some of the safest places in the country.

Phoenix is only 2 hours from both Flagstaff and Tuscon, and LA is so sprawling that it's a cluster of cities in itself; for example, Long Beach is pretty distinct from Hollywood. LA's also only 2 hours from San Diego. I'll grant you that Salt Lake City's comparable, and probably Denver and Albuquerque.

I grew up in the epicenter of urban density in the east, so that's definitely something that I grew up with a bias toward, but there's plenty of forest/farmland/suburbia/small college towns to create a buffer between, say, Philadelphia and NYC. Having to drive through hours of scrubby/barren wasteland to find civilization again is depressing to me when I grew up with intricately connected freeways and interstates lined with forests and towns every few miles. I don't get preferring that.

I do miss the colonial/revolutionary sites, but the kind of history I miss most is pretty recent, more around 1900s-1970s. Basically all the Rat Pack and glittery Mid-Century mod stuff that Vegas overhauled to make way for new resorts. I've been to Bonnie Springs, which is kind of a candy-coated ghost town, but the cowboy/pioneer stuff is mostly just not my scene.

I'm up by Green Valley Ranch, a few miles from Anthem, so I don't know what to tell you. It's about as nice as it gets outside of being gated, and out of 5 years in non-gated Jersey life there weren't any incidents. I swear saw the fucker who robbed me the second time patrolling the neighborhood on his bike the other day, too.

And the town's for the locals, the city isn't.

I live less than a mile away from GVR, haha. Weird that we're so close.

Credit to Flagstaff, but it's really not that far, just the product of bad routes there. Tucson is pretty in that area, but is a shitty, boring town.

I guess it's not so much that I "prefer" the distance between other places, but that Vegas offers a lot of incredible things in its own space that I can't get in smaller places without going far. There's not many places in the world that you can see Britney Spears each night, or other world class shows, then head 15 minutes home. There's no place like it.

But I guess I get missing the Rat Pack era stuff... if I hadn't grown up here. It was smoky, dilapidated, and gross. Vegas has matured as a city.

But given that we live in the same area, you can always know there's a fellow user around, I guess. Maybe we'll see each other at the District. I'm amazed you got robbed around here, and would love to hear the story.

Sorry for the delay

That is weird! I don't hang around the District too much, but maybe we've seen each other at Smith's.

I get that it didn't need to be the focal point of the city anymore, but it's sad to me that so much of it is gone completely. I appreciate that we have world class entertainment, but all the bands I like end up playing Life is Beautiful and I don't feel like dropping $200 a ticket. I've gotten a few lucky shots with the Cosmopolitan, though, and the Smith Center's a great addition.

I appreciate that. I can walk to a few grocers from here when in Jersey the towns sprawled enough that I usually needed to drive, and the new Ikea's a fun 20 minutes.

I'm living with my folks while I go to school, so we're in a decent house. The first time the house was robbed, we were on the east coast for a wedding. They got into the backyard somehow and broke the glass in the back door, took off with some jewelry and a lockbox of documents.

The second time I was out shopping with a sibling and we came back to the front door pried open and some white guy with double sleeve arm tattoos in the hallway claiming he was just investigating the broken door, with the TV dragged halfway to the garage. The dude found the valet key and was about to drive off with the TV and the car when we walked in. I played along with the good Samaritan thing he was playing and asked to check his backpack, but he claimed it had "guns" in it and I didn't feel like calling his bluff on anything small enough to fit on the off-chance he was actually armed, since he was apparently ready for grand theft auto but didn't seem to want to escalate it, especially with a sibling around. Of course the fucker took my laptop, but it could have been so much worse.

(Incidentally, if you see some prick with double arm-sleeve tattoos and a red bike in the neighborhood, call the non-emergency police hotline. One of the arms had a naked woman on it and one of the palms had a flaming skull.)

I remember a time when WAWA had better chili dogs than DQ or Wienerschnitzel.

cant wait until the day royal farms takes over all of PA/NJ

imo arguing about Wawa vs Sheetz is like arguing about Chick-fil-a versus Five Guys. They're both decent at different things. I'll take a Wawa sandwich over a Sheetz sandwich any day, same with coffee. However, if I want some delicious side items or something cooked up, I'll go to Sheetz. Former Wawa manager here, the main reason why Wawa can't do sides is because they literally pussify the equipment for retards in the staff. Our store lost points during an internal inspection because one of our employees ripped open a bag of lettuce instead of using the designated bag opening tool. It would be ridiculous to think they'd let the staff use a grill or deep fryer.

the decline in quality is unreal.

they literally get shittier every year.

Royal farms has damn good chicken.

I'm this guy:
And yes, I agree with you. The rolls went to crap afterward and it's mainly due to the cooking process which is basically just a "finishing steam". The rolls are filled with moisture which in the end causes them to dry up a lot faster and also gives them that gummy consistency. They try to avoid this by cutting down the spoilage time to 1/6th of the previous, but this barely does them justice. The quality severely decreased a while back as well when they began searching for new providers. Also, they did away with actually slicing meats and cheeses themselves in favor of prepackaged, pre-sliced shit that was supposed to be the same.

I was very vocal about my distaste for the decline in quality which is one of the reasons why I left. It seemed to come around right after this dude (pic related) took over the company. Hours also began getting cut so we were often left understaffed, which may not seem like much for a regular convenience store, but Wawas strive to do so much that having a 5 person staff to run the entire store during dinner was ridiculous. You generally would have 2 people on register, 2 in the deli and then 1 runner for the hot snacks and backing up registers/deli (usually the manager on duty). We have those screens to read orders off of, and some nights during dinners those things would each have 15 orders on them, with 2 people in charge of making all of them.

what, yesterday?