What's your favorite way of making an omelette? I just picked up some eggs, fresh goat cheese, and cress...

What's your favorite way of making an omelette? I just picked up some eggs, fresh goat cheese, and cress. Looking for pointers!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s10etP1p2bU
youtube.com/watch?v=Uu5zGHjRaMo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Take those.

Thanks senpai.

No problem, mate
youtube.com/watch?v=s10etP1p2bU

2 or 3 eggs. Whiskey together with black pepper, sea salt, other spices if I'm going to use them, a splash of milk or creme.

Little bit of butter or oil in pan. Hot pan, but heat turned down to medium after heated up. Pour in eggs, wiggle around to cover entire bottom. Cover top with lid, and let the inside cook a bit. Uncover, put fillings inside if I'm going to use them, recover for a bit more.

Uncover, fold over into a bifold or trifold, slide onto plate.

I know that seems like a lot, but it barely takes 3-5min from start to finish.

I was just watching that, seemed like the best place to start.

I've heard adding salt to the egg toughens it up, but I don't know if that's actually true.

>only takes 3-5 minutes to do an omelette

If it takes longer than 30 seconds, you done fucked up son. Not only that but the rest of your technique is pants on head.

Why the hell would it only take 30 seconds? I'm not a pro chef in a restaurant with industrial cooking equipment. I'm an amateur home cook. 30 second omlette sounds awful anyway. The chances of it being fucked up in over/under-doneness is very high. I'd rather take a few minutes and make sure it's good.

Simply: Fines herbs
Planned ahead: Mushroom and mornay sauce with additional gruyere grated on top.

make a mornay by:
reducing cream for 20 minutes in a saucepan diffused by a cast iron pan.
add a clove, 3 peppercorns and a bay leaf at the beginning of reduction.
After twenty minutes it should be reduced to a nice nappe stage.
Whisk in grated gruyere to taste.

saute some mushrooms
deglaze with vermouth (or dry white wine)
reserve some of the mushrooms
add the mornay sauce after vermouth has reduced to almost a dry pan.

make omelete
stuff with some grated gruyere and reserved mushrooms
fold and plate
sauce with mushroom/mornay sauce.

That mornay sauce is great on:
creamed spinach
burgers (think mushroom and swiss)
steaks, chicken, pork..

an omelette that takes 30 seconds to cook is going to require obscenely high heat, which will toughen it, or it'll be severely undercooked.

>he's not seen the julia child videos

This isn't reddit you fsggot

What brand of whiskey do you use?

KEK

you know nothing

if it takes over a minute to cook GUARANTEED it is inferior

He's also not seen martha stewart cook a perfect omelette in 30 seconds. Apparently he hasn't discovered search engines yet, but relies on mom's 1950's recipe for the perfect 5 minute omelette from the magazine, "Better Homes and Gardens."

"he" lmao

>burrito torpedo

that looks like one of the last turds my dying mother ever made

RIP mom

your mum had delicious looking turds

youtube.com/watch?v=Uu5zGHjRaMo

this. if you could actually pull it off. can Veeky Forums do this?

All that matters is you flip it. God damn lazy fucks and meme cooks serving raw egg wraps because it's easier to cook and looks better. That webm of the Asian guy serving raw eggs over rice for the sake of Instagram videos comes immediately to mind.

I always fuck them up, I tried hundreds of times and I always fuck it up. I like ham and cheese but I never try anymore since it ends up as a mess

This is how

Do Americans really not eat raw eggs? Are they that contaminated over there?

Considering half the autists here won't touch a runny yolk, I don't think it's far fetched that they won't eat a raw egg. I have chickens and still don't eat them raw. I don't really see a point to it. I think of Veeky Forums types looking for gainz when people are eating raw eggs.

>EVERYTHING I DON'T LIKE IS AUTISM

Fucking banphrase NOW PLEASE.

Americans won't even eat a soft-boiled egg?

If the yolk isn't runny you've ruined any flavor the egg could possibly have.

>If the yolk isn't runny you've ruined any flavor

the more you cook eggs the more the eggy flavour comes through

a runny yolk and runny egg whites are completely different. an omelet is a mix so it should be cooked and not runny.

I like to use 3 large eggs, beaten to living hell, spread them out on my skillet and wait for it to solidify, then add very sharp aged cheddar cheese shreds with diced vidalia onions, green & red peppers. couple slices of toast with honey to go with.

fuck yes im hongry how

Lmao get a load of this autist.

>3 eggs
>whisked to hell
>add salt, pepper and lemon juice to the mix
>heat butter in pan
>turn it to medium as soon as I put the mix in the pan
>keep pushing in edges
>keep doing it until it isn't runny anymore
>fold over
>finished

I get told I'm weird for putting lemon juice in it but I fucking love it, it tastes so good

Why is a PLAIN omelette made with just 3 eggs more filling than eating 3 hard boiled eggs or 3 fried eggs?

>looking for pointers
0xD28FA18C

Love eggs, they're cheap, nutrutious and delicious. But I'm getting tired of scrambled and sunny side up, what's some unusual, good stuff I can throw in there? Or some other interesting ways to cook them altogether?

Bring small pan of water to boil. Put 2 or 3 eggs in ziplok sandwich bag. Mush around to mix it up. Add favorite spices, handful of shredded cheese, whatever else you want. Squeeze out as much air as you can when you seal it up. Place in boiling water until set, then plate with salsa and more cheese.