FOOD MEMES

I already know this can't taste that good. I don't need to try it. It seems incredibly boring.

Creaminess of the avocado really works with the crunchiness of the toast, and the egg as well.

It tastes exactly like how you think it would - mediocre

I'd rather eat Beans on toast.

Looks fine. Nothing special.

I haven't seen this show up anywhere yet. Where is it being memed?

it seems so hipster and bland. And apparently this cost over $5

See

avocado toast is a god tier template for breakfast. sometimes you might wanna add garlic, tomatoes, chilli, herbs, anchovies, onions or whatever. but just avocado plus lemon juice plus coarse salt and pepper plus egg, on good tasty toast, is fucking satisfying and goes well with coffee.

you just seem like a hipster coffee shop twat too me.
I'd make something like advocado eggs benedict, rather than toast. That sounds god tier.

how does an english muffin and hollandaise make it any less hipster? seems more grandiose to me.

It seems tasty. Toast imo is a poor choice of bread. Maybe if it was the bread used for bruschetta.

>grandiose = hipster
You for real?

What pisses me off the most about this, is that people act like it's fucking incredible. Like the flavor is just exquisite.
I imagine the flavor being completely predictable.

>I imagine the flavor being completely predictable.

what the fuck kind of word is 'predictable' in this context

if you know how an avocado and toast taste individually you will be able to predict it. no one is saying it is like some willy wonka shit

>Maybe if it was the bread used for bruschetta.

you sound more pretentious than the people you're dissing on

hipsterdom is grandiose by definition.

I'll stick to my sous vide bratwurst served on a slightly toasted ciabatta americané

There is nothing more pretentious than a hipster paying 9 dollars for avocado and egg on a piece of toast and pretending to himself it's worth the value.

>dissing on
>on
Do people really talk like this?

>what the fuck kind of word is 'predictable' in this context
It means the flavor is underwhelming and lacks depth to it.

I honestly picture a piece of white buttered toast with a good Jam or Jelly being tastier.
I don't like the flavor of avocado it's very boring. Guacamole is alright but I'd rather have it on something else.

It's pretty tasty, but yeah, it's simple. The kind of thing that's better to make at home.

People have been talking like that since the late 80's, but back then it was just black people. But black culture has been around long enough that it's acceptable and tasteful by white standards, so white children reaching adulthood talk like that now.

>make 25 thousand britbong bucks in three months
>I'm not allowed to eat avocado
I don't even like avocado, but this makes me want to eat it. On toast. With a poached fucking egg.

no one has said anything about paying for it.

>It means the flavor is underwhelming and lacks depth to it.

you can't tell people their food preferences are pretentious and then talk like this.

>I honestly picture a piece of white buttered toast with a good Jam or Jelly being tastier.

i think i can predict how those would taste, user.

Fucking just eat a real breakfast. Something savory and filling. Now posh guacamole toast.

Cook and post
FAGGOT

Wow we got a bad ass here

People are buying this shit for 8$ in hipster coffee shops. It's become very popular.
>i think i can predict how those would taste, user.
No you fucking couldn't.
I've had whiskey-peach jam. Predict that flavor you cunt. It's far more exciting than basic avocado on toast with an egg.

Even a regular strawberry jam varies dramatically on how it's made and the brand.

>fat and more fat
americans will defend this

My favorite omelette (besides the classic french omelette) is a filled omelette with avocado, sliced serrano peppers, grilled onions and tomato, and sharp cheese. Fucking delicious.

Why is /pol/ so triggered by hipsters? It's the whole no gf thing, right? If people want to spend their money on expensive brunches, why shouldn't they?

>I've had whiskey-peach jam. Predict that flavor you cunt.

hmmm. whiskey...peach... no you're right, i'm stumped!

>It's far more exciting than basic avocado on toast with an egg.

not to me. cooked fruit is nice and all put it's not what i want in the morning. i like fatty, savoury breakfasts with good texture.

>even a regular strawberry jam varies dramatically on how it's made and the brand.

but any given one is going to be more or less predictable.

point being, shitting on a food for being 'predictable' is the behaviour of a pompous teenaged person who thinks his brain encompasses the entire range of information in the universe.

>i'll do it just to spite you!
what a special child

I don't eat breakfast or lunch.

Goddamn right.

Goddamn right.

>hmmm. whiskey...peach... no you're right, i'm stumped!
You have no idea how that flavor is balanced. You have no idea honey is also an important part. You have no idea how acidic it will be. You have no idea how much the whiskey will lean towards the flavor. It's something you have to experience to fully understand.

>i like fatty, savoury breakfasts with good texture.
I don't know why you like avocado on toast then. not what I think of when I think savory. I think of hearty and meat based breakfasts.

For example. this was a conceptual breakfast dish I made.
>Carbonara Sauce (Beaten eggs and parmesan)
>Italian Sausage
I could have just made 3 eggs and 3 sausages but I wanted it to be very savory so I made a risotto with white wine and chicken stock, with Carbonara sauce for the egg flavor.

Not a pratical breakfast but way better than avocado on toast.

8/10 would eat

That is not a risotto.

Why not?

Thanks lad. It was delicious.

>You have no idea how that flavor is balanced. You have no idea honey is also an important part. You have no idea how acidic it will be. You have no idea how much the whiskey will lean towards the flavor. It's something you have to experience to fully understand.

HAHAHAHA......wow. Could you have your head farther up your own ass?
Not the guy you're talking to, but part of my family has been making and selling jams, preserves, and jellies for several generations now. And, they make a Bourbon Peach conserve that's amazing, but it doesn't take a fucking professional chef to imagine how that would taste. Sure, there's all kinds of other ingredients you can use to add subtle flavors to it, but it's essence is pretty fucking straightforward.

Also, if you've never experienced a savory avocado dish, I feel sorry for you.

>REEEEEE YOU SHOULD ONLY EAT A FULL BREKKIE AND BE FAT LIKE ME

>You have no idea how that flavor is balanced. You have no idea honey is also an important part. You have no idea how acidic it will be.

i think my prediction would be within the margin of error, user.

but in any case, my point was that no one is picking foods on the basis that they will be 'unpredictable'. especially breakfast.

>I don't know why you like avocado on toast then. not what I think of when I think savory.

i think we can both agree that avocado and poached egg on toast would be categorised as a 'savoury' breakfast. i did not say it was the *most* savoury breakfast.

>Not a pratical breakfast but way better than avocado on toast.

nine times out of ten i would choose avocado toast over a relatively elaborate cooked breakfast like that.

there is a reason people like avocado on toast. it falls within a nexus of several factors. it's simple to make. it's filling. it's green. it's comforting. and it does have 'depth of flavour', although i think it's pretentious as fuck to bandy that word about like it's really something you think about when you're licking dorito seasoning off your fingers and your brain reward centre is lighting up like christmas.

>Not the guy you're talking to, but part of my family has been making and selling jams, preserves, and jellies for several generations now.
Well because I'm actually more humble than you are, I will admit I have no clue whether or not a Bourbon Peach conserve would lean towards more of a Peach flavor or more of a Bourbon Flavor.

This makes a huge difference. I've tasted red-wine jams which were very subtle and others that were very alcoholic.

Jams flavor isn't a predictable as a fucking avocado. It isn't as bland either.

>I have no clue whether or not a Bourbon Peach conserve would lean towards more of a Peach flavor or more of a Bourbon Flavor.
Depends how much peach and how much bourbon you put in.

it is fucking hilarious how you have allowed yourself to get cucked into a retarded argument over whether an avocado has the same range of flavour as the fucking concept of jam.

>nine times out of ten i would choose avocado toast over a relatively elaborate cooked breakfast like that.

I wouldn't choose avocado on toast, but I agree my breakfast isn't practical at all. It's godlike and delicious though.

>it's simple to make. it's filling. it's green. it's comforting. and it does have 'depth of flavour',
I say depth of flavour to mean savory. And I don't think avocado on toast is that savory desu. Even with a poached egg. It honestly seems like a relatively light flavor for breakfast.

>Depends how much peach and how much bourbon you put in.
Which means the flavor isn't as predicable as an avocado or egg. I'd have to taste it to see if it met my expectations

>Which means the flavor isn't as predicable as an avocado or egg. I'd have to taste it to see if it met my expectations
Dunno why you're talking about avocados and eggs, mate. I just like peaches in my bourbon.

I brought it up to counter someones point. I complained about avocado and eggs being boring and predictable.

Not something that's very exciting too the tongue. If you weren't a fan of avocado you wouldn't see much of a reason to eat it.

I said a jam on toast would be tastier imo, and more exciting. Because you can't predict Jam!

> It honestly seems like a relatively light flavor for breakfast.

yes, i would agree with that, and that is part of the appeal as far as i'm concerned. i don't think savoury and light are mutually exclusive, a tomato is savoury and light, so is a consomme or even like a salade nicoise.

>you can't predict Jam!

let this go out to any vulnerable, impressionable youths reading this thread before making any hasty commitments to breakfast habits that could ruin their lives years down the line: you absolutely can predict jam. do not let that influence your decisions.

>If you weren't a fan of avocado you wouldn't see much of a reason to eat it.

STOP THE PRESSES

PARTICIPANTS WHO DID NOT LIKE AVOCADO WERE 42% MORE LIKELY TO NOT LIKE AVOCADO ON TOAST

Savory is more closely associated with hearty rustic dishes.

Can I just say.....Avocado is one of the least savory ingredients imaginable. It's flavor is so timid.

I wouldn't describe the flavor of a poached egg as very savory either, though it is more savory than avocado.

Timid?? Fucking timid? What kind of bullshit is that to describe a flavor?

He's anthropomorphising it. It's pretentious.

i only meant the term savoury to mean the broad category of dishes most directly and conventionally contrasted with desserts. jam on toast is closer to the dessert side of the spectrum and that's not my preference.

>Avocado is one of the least savory ingredients imaginable.

the breakfast preparation of avocado on toast tends to be more savoury though. i'm sure there are some people who like to sweeten it, just like it is common to add brown sugar to halved avocadoes, but the breakfast preparation the thread seems to be talking about is a savoury one. salt is usually added along with other savoury ingredients.

are you retarded
avocados fats are very healthy for you
just like nut fats
you can eat nothing but fats like that and still be slender/fit because you don't eat garbage food
educate yourself

>implying my breakfast doesn't include several courses containing avocado toast, oatmeal with chia, flax seeds, hemp hearts, various nuts, and fruit + cinnamon or cacao for flavor, and finally a smoothie using fruits and spirulina or chlorella

goml pleb

>sweet sausage
>carbonara sauce
>risotto

the fuck is this

>le white people can't cook meme

Fuck off you black shit
Who cares if whites don't season their Turkey with cayenne and paprika and BBQ sauce?

We season our BRAINS with literature.
The greatest seasoning to whites is a classic story by Shakespeare. I don't need to coat my chicken wings in black pepper when I can coat my IQ in the works of literary giants, all of whom are my fellow whites.

A nigger requires his 'Senegaliese 50 spice' to make his fucking disgusting brain experience anything that isn't 'feel the urge to mug someone and steal their Air Jordans'. A white person cannot get anything from spice. We need documentaries, and books and music.

I have a phrase

'The blackest in society are the lightest of brain. The whitest in society explore the darkest depths of human emotion, in their art'.

It sums this up nicely.

gay post

really activates my almonds

This post gave me and my family AIDS and cancer.

What do you do for a living user?

it's risotto carbonara without the pancetta.
It tasted godlike btw.

There's 1 sweet italian and 2 spiciy italian sausages.

>there are plebes who dont live where ovocados grow

I've always wondered why this asshole eats every other hour like a fatass

I like to toast an "everything" bagel, smash avocado with salt and pepper, and fry my egg instead of poaching it because I'm not afraid of some olive oil calories. I'm very fond of having this for breakfast and probably will have it tomorrow. Good, complex hot sauce takes it a step further, or sometimes I'll skip the sauce and put sliced chipotles en adobo on it.

I don't know what people are saying about $5 or $9 for it, maybe if you buy it at a restaurant, but I'll make avocado bagels with egg and hot sauce for me and bae for about a buck thirty per person.

Avocado a shit, I've never understood the hype

probably
tempted to do it, but I really can't be arsed, I put no effort into breakfast most of the time and just pour a bowl of cereal like the worthless cunt that I am

@8942434
>my tastebuds are underdeveloped and I'm a pretentious faggot
wew lad

>Toast imo is a poor choice of bread.

don't worry man, you can just get some good jam or jelly and use that shit instead.

It will probably taste better on toast.

*blocks your path*

poncy bread for a poncy meal. Not toast.
I don't care what 52 grain shit piece of toast you pu on it. It would taste better on an english muffin or french bread.

who the fuck is buying so many avocados to where they can't afford a house like nigga they're a dollar

the issue is people are buying this in coffee shops and not making it themselves.

Nobody wants to live in Mexico, sorry

>Getting triggered by a good source of protein and monounsaturated fats because it's popular

Literally contrarianism

it's popular among contrarian hipster coffee bar faggots.
it's fucking bland and boring ye twat.

I work in central London and I've never heard of this shit. To be fair, I never eat out and always bring my own food in, so maybe that's why.

it's a piece of toast with an egg and some avocado on it. I mean, who the fuck told you it was their favorite meal they've ever had?

MAKE WAY FOR TRUE MEME FOOD

These suuuuuuuck dick.

>that face when I literally have an avocado tree on my backyard

feels good to be Mexican

That shit would be delicious. Especially if you mix up the avocado with some goat cheese to a smooth consistency.

why do whites have an infatuation with avocado so much?
It's bland as fuck. No that would not be delicious. Stop talking about it like it's fucking incredible

bacon wrapped egg stuffed avocado?

now that's memes

Looks tastey to me, id add some crab meat.

If the flavor is underwhelming how is it predictable? If it's predictable, it'd just be whelming.

What I find most interesting is the fact that you have to speculate. What sort of flyover do you live in where this hasn't been a common breakfast food for at least three years?

San Diego.

I'm a doctor.

2nd emu war when?

Yuppies/"hipsters" are wasteful retards that will buy anything thats trendy. Its ok to mock them
>triggered means mocking or not liking something
No. And it seems likely youre the one who wouldve said "triggered" years ago unironically before it became a meme phrase

>avocado toast

i fucking hate almost all othe rpeople in the human race because of shit like this

>take glorious toast
>crisp, crunchy, yet doughy and yielding, soft and easily torn
>the canonical mate of butter
>add fucking AVOCADO to it
>LITERALLY COVER THE ENTIRE TOAST WITH 1 INCH THICK OF AVOCADO

who the fuck thinks avocado tastes good?? why does everyone who likes avocado act like it's the most exquisite flavor on earth? avocado is fucking disgusting

>shits on avocado
>sucks spread butter's dick
Have you ever tried an avocado? Or butter, for that matter?

Fuck off with your bland meme food. Avocado is shit. It is only good in guacamole it isn't pungent enough to act as it's own spread. Butter is more flavorful

Not him btw.

millennials are fucking retards. they don't even deserve to live.

butter is fucking amazing how are you even trying to step to the taste of fucking butter???

buttered toast is one of lifes great, simple pleasures and this faggot shit is a direct attack on that

this toast directly represents gender sliders in video games replacing dads playing catch with sons

>acceptable and tasteful by white standards
Maybe your white standards

Sounds like you've had some horrid Hass avocados that are musky and overripened

even a fresh avocado is bland. Knock off the bullshit.