Your top tier poorfag recipes

Your top tier poorfag recipes

That's a pretty good deconstructed 'go 'za

NO MEMES IN THIS THREAD

>no replies after this
GG OP #rekt

rice and beans

mexican seasoned pinto beans and spanish rice you can make in quantity and keep in the fridge for like a week. add onion and cilantro, wrap/burrito-ize in a cooked tortilla, rewrap in foil and place in toaster over for 15min

yeah, what this guy said

Just make a shitload of bean stew in a crockpot or something. Serve over rice.

My idea of poor might be a bit different than others but here's one of my favorites:
>get large pot
>put a couple chicken thighs I that shit nigga
>fill with some good ol American h2o
>add two cans f diced tomatoes bitch
>chop and saute onion, garlic, and serrano pepper
>what are you, fucking stupid? Put that shit in the pot!
>simmer for fucking hours
>shred chicken
>add sliced carrots
>add lentils
>season with what the fuck ever you want

Bon Jovi Fucking Teat!

Just wanted to break this down.
Chicken- $2
Tomatoes - $2
Onion - $0.25
Garlic - $0.15
Serranos- $..0.20?
Carrots- $0.10
Lentils- $0.25

I ate this for lunch at work for three days and dinner twice. Not bad.

>cook a box of macaroni
>strain it
>dump two cans of chili on top of it
>lunch and dinner for three or four days

STOVE

ON

>put ramen in a shallow pot
>cook until done
>drain ramen and put in bowl
>put in only half the package of seasoning
>put in two healthy tablespoons of peanut butter
>put in a generous squirt of 'cha
>serve

This looks interesting. What would you rate it on the poorfag food scale? 1 being "I don't like it but it fills me" and 10 being "I could eat this every day!"

There's plenty of peanut butter based noodle recopies if you look for them on the World Wide Web.

Most involve ginger and soy sauce though...and PB is way less expensive than a decent peanut oil and it comes out okay.

sounds peng

might do it with some indomie later this week

it's a solid 8.5/10, I quite enjoy it.

Nice!

I do a similar thing all the time, I just buy slightly more expensive noodles because I can't tolerate instant ramen anymore

I buy fresh noodles and freeze them if I'm not going to use them right away. Doesn't seem to change the quality.

But yeah, dry noodles are for plebs or for people that just can't afford the real deal.

I eat this every week once or twice:

>Quarter 4-5 tomatoes
>Place on oven tray with salt pepper and oil, few basil leaves on top if you're feeling fancy
>Peel a whole garlic, wrap cloves in al foil and place in middle of tray
>Cook for 30 minutes at 220C
>When it looks nice n roasted blend it
>Pour contents over pasta

Bone Apetite

Macaroni casserole
Its just

You don't put fresh basil in the oven. You put it on the dish after it's cooked.

I don't have enough money for tortillas. All I have max a month is $20 for food. I'm worried I could do rice and beans but not get any fat like I need.

>you don't

He said he DID though.

You Finnish?

Nice set up.
Any takers?

i'm searing a sous vide tri tip right now but this sounds delicious

get some canola (rapeseed) oil. a few bucks for a gallon, one of the cheapest way to get your fats and calories, and won't spoil for a long time so you can buy in bulk safely.

add some raw diced onions and shredded cheese and I'm in heaven.

kys

.......no

When I'm broke I live on ramen with some frozen veg added or lentil curry. Super cheap, super tasty and super health. It's the only time I eat healthy to be honest famalam.

Jesus Christ is this a cringe thread? Also what shit tier food are you buying that carrots cost ten cents and chicken is $2? Pathetic.

fried eggs with rice

Let's put this out on a tray

Let's put this out on a tray

this but I'm a scrambled guy.

Not sure if really poorfag but...
>can of sweet corn
>butter for cooking
>chopped onion
>pan

>butter on pan
>onion on pan
>water out of corn
>corn on pan
>wait for onion to get brown
>add salt and pepper

behold

I'm spanish, so I have access to quality olive oil for cheap, so I love frid eggs, but there isn't much difference

although, breaking the eggs and letting the rice absorb the yolk is marvelous

don't forget to add salt to the eggs tho

Succotash is pretty much my goto poorfag food that isn't rice or pasta

sliced up potatoes and hotdogs fried inna pan

>a whole head of garlic for 1 meal

Doesn't sound poorfag tier to me user.

wait, what's 'go ?
i get the pizza part.

also tomatosoup is pretty godtier and cheap as balls to make

>uses an ingredient which costs around 0,3$
>expensive

-1 lb box of dried pasta shells/rotini/macaroni ($1)
-2 cans of tuna in water ($2)
-6 hard boiled eggs ($1.50)
-1-2 cups of mayo ($2)
-1/2 cup mustard ($.50)
-1 diced red onion ($.50)
-dried onion powder, garlic powder, dried celery, pickle juice ($1)
optional: black olives, tarragon, anchovies paste, frozen peas, carrots, peppers, etc

$8.50 for like 4 pounds of food, and you can serve it with other cheap entrees like chili, hot dogs, meatloaf, chicken patties, etc

also:

buy those large bags of frozen skinless boneless chicken breast, they are like 8-10 dollars. Get some chicken bullion for like a dollar. Boil the two together for at least 2 hours on low heat, making sure the water (or cheep beer) doesn't evaporate all the way. During the last 30 minutes, add a half diced onion, half a diced pepper and any spices you have like garlic, parsley, chili powder, paprika, cayenne, oregano, hot sauce

throw on tortillas, with cheap cheese/salsa, shredded lettuce, sour cream, beans, rice, etc

Some kind of paella. Fry a bit of onion and garlic and chili, add some paprika if you have it around. Add rice, stock (use a instant noodle seasoning for stock if it's all you have) and a can of tomatos if you have it. You can add beans. Add some frozen veges if you have. Simmer away adding water until the rice is done. Add some frozen prawns

Basically my concept for poorfag cooking is to always have a base like rice, pasta, potato and just throw together anything I have around it to make it taste good.

Chicago. People like to meme that it's more like a bread bowl of tomato soup than a pizza.

Just tried this, what can of chili are you getting? I just got some made, it was 7/10.

Thanks

I prefer Chilli Man brand.

I usually buy the variety with beans.

See:
>Pork ribs
>pork steak
>Pork shoulder
>pork loin
All usually under $2/lb in Iowa.

Serve with potatoes/pasta/cabbage/lettuce salad/cabbageookooked onions/cabbageookookedheap frozen veggies.

Spaghetti is fairly cheap.
Not when I make it because I use high end italian sausage and a shirt on of fresh ingredients.

>implying it's a meme

Tamales, dudes.

They're hard to fuck up. Plenty of room to experiment, especially with the masa. Ingredients are cheap. You make them in bulk (pic related), freeze or refrigerate, and that takes care of your food problem for a while.

I usually have them during breakfast, with eggs over easy. Probably not everybody's thing, but it works for me.

explain how you make in bulk please and thank you

You remind me of that retard from Reddit who published a book.

What is this perfectly round egg magic?

I fucking hate living in Canada. Everything is so expensive here.

You mean le epic chile man xD???

This was the first thing that came to my head when I read that

Yes that exact guy. Fuck he's cringey.

(1/2)

To make a tamale, you start with the dough.

IIRC (it's been a while) the dough is just fresh masa + lard (NOT shortening ffs) + baking powder + chicken stock (some people use water; I like chicken stock for the extra flavor).

There are plenty of tips out there. Like, you're supposed to beat the dough until it's light and airy. To test it, put a piece of dough into cold water, and if it floats, it's ready.

You're also supposed to let the dough rest in the fridge for a while (I think 90 minutes?). It's supposed to be a major improvement, but I've never *not* done that, so I've nothing to compare it to.

Once your dough is ready, you slather it onto a corn husk (or banana leaf). The husk has to soak in water for a while to be sufficiently pliable. After you slather that dough, you put your layer of filling (chicken, pork, (Oaxaca) cheese, jalapeños; whatever sounds good, really). Season it if you must. Then wrap it up so the dough engulfs your filling.

2/2

Then you've gotta steam that shit. 1-2.5 hours I think; it's been a while so double-check me on that. Just put it in a bigass pot, like the picture showed. You've just got to make sure the water doesn't boil dry or your tamales will be scorched and ruined immediately. Gotta check it on the reg

Growing up, I remember my mother used to steam around 30 at a time, make around a hundred over the course of a weekend. I've never made in bulk like that, so I'm not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure it's the exact same process, just adjusted to scale.

As a matter of fact, a lot of Mexicans will finish cooking and just take the pot, put it in the car, drive around town, and sell tamales out of their trunk. (Buy some if you ever get the chance; they're almost always incredible).

If I were you, I'd make a few small batches of tamales with variations on each, to A. Get the hang of the process (you don't want to make 100 and have to throw them all out), and B. So you can experiment with mixtures/seasonings/fillings and discover what suits you best.

My mother got her recipe from a 90-year-old Spanish immigrant. If you want, I might be able to dig out the exact recipe and post it on here.

P.S. Sorry for the long-ass response; I just have mucho pación.

>Store has a 2 hour sale
>Chicken Thighs 39 cents a pound
>Shit ton of them in my freezer currently

How do I cook these mother fuckers Veeky Forums?

Deep fry

Turkey Kielbasa or whatever type you like cooked with onions peppers and an egg.

You can't get cheaper than this:

Rice with black pepper and soy sauce.
>tfw always eat this

Chicken soup and pot pies. Thighs are dank as fuck for that.

>salt some water
>soft boil 2 or 3 eggs
>mince some sliced bread (actually pain de mie) while it boils
>put the eggs and the bread in a cup
>salt and pepper and whetever else you want at taste
>mix mix mix
>eat
Actual best dinner with near to 0 hassle and a clean kitchen afterwards.
Bimbo bread works best, but any other soft bread works too.

Spaghetti or egg noodles + 1 or 2 tbsp butter + garlic salt = STRONK buttered pasta that don't need no sauce.

There's plenty of things you can add to it if you win the lottery, like chicken, shrimp, parmesan, peas or broccoli. I just have it as is with some green beans

I didn't use a whole pack of chicken and I didn't use a whole bag of carrots. Its not that complicated.

Monkey soup

Alternatively, rice, beans and fried egg

ok so i have this bean stew its been in the fridge for 4 days, is it safe to eat?

ingredients: canned tomato paste, canned chopped tomatos, potato chopped up, pinto beans, navy beans, 3 carrots, half an onion

k nvm i found maggots in it fug

If skin on bone in...
8 pieces of chicken or so
Oven to 350 F
Get a stainless pan 10 inches or bigger nice and hot and get some veg oil down until it's shimmering
Put the chicken skin side down, as many as will fit in the pan without crowding too much
Cook until the skin separates easily...probably about 8 minutes
Cook on the other side for about 3
Continue until all chicken is browned
Sautee some thicc bacon cut into lardons
Add 1 lbs of thin sliced white cabbage, a whole onion, and garlic to taste
Sautee until cabbage is wilting and just turning brown
Stir in 2 tbs of whole grain mustard and 1/3 cup cider vinegar cook for maybe a min
Add 3 cups chicken stock and 3 tbs sugar bring to a boil
Turn down to simmer, Nestle chicken skin side up, chicken won't be fully covered
Add 2 bay leaves and some dried thyme
Oven for 45 minutes
Remove bay leaf, chicken and finish sauce with two tbs butter and s+p to taste

Enjoy

Maggot in it after being in fridge for 4 days?! Wtf?!

U M A
D
E
L
I
C
I
A

>maggot after 4 days

well the containter wasnt sealed :(

well the little ribbed white things certainly arent bean pieces

You've got maggots in something.... thats been IN THE FRIDGE? Your whole fridge might as well go in the trash man how the fuck.

I'm just as confused as you. I live in a secont story appartment and I've never seen a fly in here since I moved in. Gnats maybe but not flies.

>You don't put fresh basil in the oven.
Yes you do

Why the fuck are there maggots in your fridge?

How the fuck do people let this sort of shit get in their fridges it's supposed to be a sacred place

easy,
1. cook bean stew
2. put bean stew in fridge
3. life happens, have to leave for a week
4. come back, there are a couple of maggots in the bean stew. i didnt say my fridge was crawling with them jesus christ you people get the wrong idea.

That's why you use plastic wrap or some shit, so nothing gets in it.

did you leave it out a while before putting it in the fridge? shit senpai show us a picture maybe youre being retarded

He can't be that retarded if he's making money off his shitposting and we're not.

ice soup

My fave recipe that can be cheapened by not using meat:

>3-4 garlic cloves, depending on size
>Chop finely, add salt onto the chopped garlic (I used table salt because sea salt is too bitty)
>Turn garlic into paste via the side of your knife (I don't have mortar/pestle)

>Cook your meat
>Add in mushrooms, cook until desired
>Add in garlic and soy sauce
>Don't cook it for too long!
>Add in cooked veggies, sugar and a little of the veggie water
>Cook for another 3-4 minutes, you should have a little dark sauce running about
>Combine with cooked rice

>It's stir fried, so make sure you don't burn anything.
>Bong ape tit

i left in a hurry and wasnt expecting to leave, i was expecting to eat the rest of it like the next day when i put it away, so i just put the pot with the lid in the fridge. next time i'll put it in some tupperware.

I've made this before. Even better if you add some sauteed diced zucchini

garlic is dirt cheap dude.....