What's your excuse now, /seegay/?

I live in the desert and this shit would probably die in a heartbeat.

potatoes are cheaper than your mom even i can afford them

I don't get it. You plant 1 layer of 7 potatoes at the base and continue burying the reenery in soil up to the leaf until it reaches the top? You'll certainly get a nice batch of potatoes but it won't be 100 lbs. 6 potatoes will not produce 100 lbs, period.

>water and shade don't exist where you live

Thanks for your input Howling-coyote Rodriguez

To figure out potential yield, multiply the pounds planted by 10. So, if you plant 5 lbs. of seed potatoes, you should yield 50 lbs of potatoes. This is a good starting point for estimating the yield, however, many gardeners are able to bring in much higher yields due to great soil and great growing conditions.

I'm on keto

That's going to depend a lot on variety, at least in my experience. Largest yield/lb is from the standard red followed by yukon gold and least yield from russets.

And no matter what variety, the 7 seed potatoes in OP's pic won't come close to 100 lbs.

I'm not going to waste my limited growing space on cheap shit like potatoes. If I'm growing stuff, it's things like herbs and tomatoes.

>Howling-coyote Rodriguez.

Potatoes are $2.50 for a 10lb bag at aldi

>Not waiting until they're 1$ for 10lb

Kek

>not meticulously building, planting and maintaining a box so they work out to be $0.98 a pound

>not eating your own homegrown potatoes
Haha losers

hab an updoot

>not photosynthesizing

You humans make me laugh.

you plant a new layer of 7 seed potatoes every 4 inches or whatever

not exactly sure how they grow, but guess the leaf attached to the plant keep rising as you add more dirt

I live in an apartment without a garden. Besides, I can get potatoes for cheap at the local market.

>What's your excuse

I'm not so fucking poor

If you can't afford buying potatoes you shouldn't even consider having internet connection

I mean for fucks sake, just look at pic related

Poor dollars dont compute

still you gotta give me that banter is no excuse for being so fucking poor that you have to plant potatoes in your garden

That makes more sense but that soil better be very rich in nutrients to handle that kind of density.

> replace the soil and boards

Shouldn't you use them to build another layer on top instead?

Potatoes are cheap, thats the excuse? Homegrown is always better, tastier, healthier you dumb fucks.

Pretty much this. I could do container gardening on the balcony, but we're also on the back side of the building, so no direct sun for us.

>pounds
>inches
>feet

My eyes. Use metric you backward fucks.