What's the proper way to make Turkish coffee?

What's the proper way to make Turkish coffee?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aoRtGJi8Kq0
youtube.com/watch?v=IUSzYbYQko4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanake
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What do you mean proper?

There's literally only one way.

Can you make it in a normal pot though?

If someone could answer this correctly I'd be very grateful I fell in love with that shit after driking it in a lebanese restaurant but haven't been able to replicate it

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK PROPER MEANS
NO YOU FUCKING CAN'T

traditionally it's made in a pot like the one posted above and instead of a stove, hot sand is used. But since that's retarded the best thing to do at home (if you can't get a pot like that) is just use any small pot, put in water and wait for it to boil. Take pot off heat and add sugar and turkish coffee (either buy pre packaged or find coffee you like and grind to a powder basically). After stirring it in put the pot back on the heat until you see bubbles and a little foam starts to form. Turn off stove, serve in small cups.

so by the way you said it I guess the main difference between turkish and regular coffee (apart from the blend of course) is the fact that there is no filter and you mix both the grains and the additives inside the same pot without removing anything, is that right?

correct

thanks a lot flim flam famalam

>deny war crimes
>brew coffee
There ya go

>killing Armenians
>"crime"

Would an occasional coffee drinker like me be able to drink turkish coffee without getting jittery?

>convert to islam
>collect fresh coffee beans from garden
>roast them over the embers of burning infidels
>kidnap non-islamic child
>rape it, making sure to collect the sweet child infidel fluids
>say you will let it free if it is compliant
>get it make a coffee
>don't, and rape it again
>collect second round of fluids
>get child to swallow each coffee bean whole
>collect the beans after passing through
>grind using mortar and pestle
>pray to the prophet muhammad for the next cup off coffee to be extra good
>fill small pot with a cup or 2 of water
>add as much ground coffee as wanted
>heat on stove until satisfied
>when hot, serve
>chase it down with muhammad-approved child fluids

This

>Ask how to brew Turkish coffee
>Balkaners, Greeks, and Diaspora reply in collective and unrelated asshurt

if you just have a cup, yeah. turkish coffee was one of the first coffees i drank, and i didn't get jittery at all from the one cup i had. not a bad idea to be prepared to shit, though.

My favorite tea is the Turkish tea.

Hmm, sounds pretty halal to me

Isn't this around about how you do it?
youtube.com/watch?v=aoRtGJi8Kq0

Like this.

Are you retarded?

Turkish coffee can only be made in a Turkish coffee pot. That's the main thing that differentiates it.

That's like saying "Can I make french press coffee in a drip machine?"

No. No, you cannot.

Turkish coffee is brewed inside a turkey, thus the name. When I was growing up we only had Turkish coffee at Thanksgiving because we didn't eat a lot of turkey throughout the rest of the year.

You can make it in an actual small cooking pot, but not a coffee maker. Its not a type of coffee bean or anything, its just a way of making coffee in general.

>turkey is mentioned in any context
>some Arminian comes in and mentions "muh genocide"

You guys literally out-jew the jews.

Turks out-roach roaches.

>t. Butthurt Greek
It's been centuries man, let it go.

>we dinn't do nuffin

>Buy "minas" type of blend
>If u want extra foam add coffee in cold water, before it boils
>If making for more than 2 ppl add 1 extra heaping teaspoon of grounds for the pot
>Don't overboil, it will taste sour
>Vienner coffee is considered 1/3 Turkish coffee 2/3 milk, it's often served to old ladies and children
>In my town Turkish coffee is served with Turkish delight
>If not filtering confuses you, just let coffee sit for a minute after u stir the shugar in, grounds will form grout at bottom of a cup, when you sip it won't bother u

Close but no cigar, Im a dirty pole.

Define "overboil"

Letting it boil for too long. I let it boil just few seconds untill foam rises to 2-3 cm high

So you just put it on the heat, and let it reach a boil for just a few seconds?

Im trying to glean some technique here so I can try this on my own.

Do you steep other additives in the water prior to adding the grounds, or do you just throw everything in and then put it on the heat?

What a beautiful sight

How my mom taught me:
Mesure water with ur drinking cup
Boil
Remove from heat, add grounds
Stir
Boil for 5-10 seconds until foam rises
Done
*If adding shugar to water do it in cold water and stir

How my boss in tavern taught me:
Mesure water
Add coffee
Boil until foam rises
Done
This method produces sturdy foam but my mom hates it, says it's wrong to add coffe to cold water, beats me, I don't even drink the stuff

Longer u boil less foam u'll have and more oils develop making it more sour, but stronger

Very strong coffee is called laxative coffee

This is best tasting one that markets in my town offer

wat

Yeah but the coffee used in turkish style coffee has to be finely ground or a big poo will shit down your nostrils and shit poo out your mouth

Doesn't really matter as long as the pot gets hot. Some places still use really hot sand to get it boiling.

I should specify that I'm talking about the specific pots used, not just any coffee pot.

fuck off dumb turkroach, hopefully you'll get nuked soon enough dumb arab

t. cockroach

You don't need a specific coffee pot, it's a simple thin brass pot, only difference is that this one is "seasoned" with constsnt coffee cooking, it's not used for anything else. It's moustly for estetics

Greekfag here,so refer to it as Greek coffee please.

This is the only way desu,just stir every 5-10 secs and when foam appears and it comes up it's ready to serve.

Poo in the pot

Do you have to use Turkish coffee beans? I have some Italian coffee and if I grind that to a floury texture,would it work the same?

Is it possible to make it on an electric stove?

The shape of the ibrik helps form the crema properly by funneling it up. You can make Turkish style in a saucepan like cowboy coffee but you won't achieve the crema that is indicative of properly prepared Turkish.

What are the most important questions you have? I have researched every way to make turkish/greek/Arabic coffee, tried them all numerous times, and really dialed in how to produce the perfect crema.

Anthony beans work, but if they aren't fresh (within two or so weeks of roasting) you will have a very dull crema that is limited because it retains less carbon dioxide in the bean.

Yes, the ibriks are generally made with copper so that heat distributes evenly around it. Don'the be afraid to be patient at low heats.

Any beans*, sorry, on mobile currently

Small pot, add water, medium high heat, once it starts to simmrr lightly add the coffee powder and turn heat to max while stirring, once it starts for foam take it off the heat and fill your cups, traditionally served in small cups with a glass of water to drink in between sips

OP as you may have notices from this thread, there are many variations of a basic way to make turkish/greek coffee. Here's one more video for you. I do it similarly. You can also add spices along with the coffee, notably, cinnamon, anise or cardamom.

youtube.com/watch?v=IUSzYbYQko4

LOL, fucking too funny

>Turkish coffee can only be made in a Turkish coffee pot.
FALSE
it can be also made in Greek coffee pot.

>Greekfag here,so refer to it as Greek coffee please.
I absolutely support the use of Greek coffee name not the Turkish coffee.
OP shame on you.

can it also be made in a Kurd coffee pot?

Why the fuck do you gypsy greeks steal and take credit of literally everything we have ever invented? Stick to your garum and bread and be glad that we civilized your cuisine.
I am afraid of the fact that one day you'll also claim that Osman I was a greek

t. Inbred christian dog

>implying there's a difference between Greek and Turks
The only conceivable difference is which dead Jew you worship, everything else is the same.

>of literally everything we have ever invented?
turkey

We are actually very different. Greeks just take credit of our culture and brand it as Greek.

Also not even mentioning our history is way superior to theirs.

>of literally everything we have ever invented?
>turkey
Greeks

>Also not even mentioning our history is way superior to theirs.
picture related

>greeks settle Anatolia (roughly corresponding to Turkey) in 2000 BC
>but muh superior Turkish history

Where's your Plato, Socrates, Aristotle and Archimedes, you Kanake Turkish Axe?

>HURR DURR MUH PHILOSOPHY
and yet here we are, witnessing gayreeks taking credit of "barbarian" turks.

>Where's your Plato, Socrates, Aristotle and Archimedes, you Kanake Turkish Axe?
LOL, KEK
EXCELLENT POINTS user, excellent, bravo.

>Kanake Turkish
kek
Kanake
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanake
haha