Has anyone been tricked by door to door "meat salesmen? My dad got beat for 300 bucks. Had tons of product...

Has anyone been tricked by door to door "meat salesmen? My dad got beat for 300 bucks. Had tons of product, they looked legit too, tasted awful though

youtube.com/watch?v=bC61hjnM7_8

Other urls found in this thread:

nbc12.com/story/12783936/warning-about-door-to-door-meat-salesmen
oag.state.va.us/media-center/news-releases/903-march-9-2017-door-to-door-meat-sales-company-settles-with-commonwealth
youtube.com/watch?v=ipXRKH1Ov-o
youtu.be/LAo-DmzdvK0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Never buy anything from anyone that isn't hunkered down at a set location otherwise you'll get fucked, this shouldn't be a revelation to anyone

>door to door meat salesmen
Do Americans really do this?

Show them your dick, there's nothing they can do about it.

>there are americans dumb enough to fall for this
>mfw they probably felt smug for getting what they though was a good deal

I didn't even know door to door salesmen still existed.

"Door to door meat salesman" is my nickname for male prostitutes

They don't.

They're door to door scam artists and don't let anyone believe anything differently.
>inb4 muh Americans girl & boy scouts!!!

Scam artists. They're funded and backed by some of the top corporations in America, including several religious orgs. They have more than enough money.

OBSESSED

my wife's daughter fell for this now i have a mulatto grandson

can you both fuck off back to /pol/?

stop trying to ruin things for people because you're too socially anxious to answer the door for children.

Actually once in college I was with a friend who ended up buying a bunch of meat from some dude in a van who said he was supposed to make a delivery to a local restaurant but they cancelled and was therefore willing to offload his product for cheap. At the time I thought it was a good deal too so I was stoked for my buddy. After that I found out about white van scams and how this is apparently pretty common and felt like a moron. Pretty sure the meat he bought ended up sucking too.

>socially anxious

It's easy for me to open the door and say "I'm sorry, no thanks" but people keep accepting it because they're betas and that's why the vicious cycle of door to door scamming continues.

I didn't ruin anything for anyone. You can continue to be a git and get your house robbed from being too generous.

>a girl scout robbed my house
>threatened my life with a box of delicious thin mints
>that five dollars was next month's rent

how will we ever recover

You won't.

Your dignity will be stripped and you're fucked for the rest of your life, bud.

My dad bought a load of shitty steaks the other day, it was a sketchy tent out in front of the mall like they do for fireworks. 25 bucks for 20 ribeyes and they were all tough as shit.

You might be able to stew them or something. If it comes out well it may even be worth the $25.

Britfag here. Someone was in my road a few years ago trying to pull that fish scam. I always thought it was an urban legend.

Yeah, my dad fell for it too. Apparently the meat was on sale, for pretty cheap too, but he bought 200$ of it. HORRIBLE steaks. Useless for anything but stew or stir fry.

i sell roofs door to door, probably only 10% of my business but it actually works. average roof is like 13k

yea they do

nbc12.com/story/12783936/warning-about-door-to-door-meat-salesmen

oag.state.va.us/media-center/news-releases/903-march-9-2017-door-to-door-meat-sales-company-settles-with-commonwealth

Roofs? Like you ask people door to door if they want a new fucking roof and some people agree as though its an impulse decision?

So the lesson is: retarded boomers will buy anything that someone comes to their door door to sell because they think they're getting a deal

I was determined one night to make the steak he bought good I did everything to it, still was tough and awful

I'm sure he targets people whose roofs (rooves?) look like shit. Some people want to upgrade something, but are on the fence or don't know how to go about it.

There's a place in town doing this. It sounds sketchy, but if they look alright and I just use them for broths/stews/grinding to hamburger, how bad could they be? They're tough, shitty cuts, but that's all that's wrong, right?

Is it behind a veternary hospial / prison?

When my girlfriend was in High School, she was part of a crew that sold vacuum cleaners door to door. She was the pretty face that got the burly assholes in the door to sell these insanely overpriced vacuums. Long hours and it rarely worked but when it did, they made good money off some poor fool.

No, they claim it's surplus. The company apparently found a lot less demand than they were expecting and have a shit ton of product to get rid of. The one at my town's not selling too well, but I think that's because the guy there doesn't have the heart for it. He's very honest about it being tough meat.

That's why stir fry is perfect. The teriyaki covers up the horrible flavor, and the texture isn't as horrible when it's cut up into small bits.

The worst part is my whole family is vegetarian, so I got to eat every single steak.

if not this, they're seeing what's in your house/garage to come back later. ive never seen them in chicago but a friend in AL said a bunch of tatted up ones were scoping out his garage.

As long as its not rancid or human then enough time in a dutch oven or crockpot will fix that right up

If he's in an area that gets alot of hail storms, its pretty common for roofers to go around offering free inspections because almost everybody has unnoticed hail damage that can be expensed to home insurance.

did ur dad get the burgers too?

Nah, just steak.

Serves you right for trusting door to door salesmen. The only door to door product I will buy is girl scout cookies since they are from a reputable organization, and I already know that the cookies are awesome. Too bad the girl scout troop leader in my town told them they can't come to my house any more.

My dad got some combo pack with like 3 different types of steak and a burger pack. I wish I still had the pics everything was labeled and marked professional as fuck

whats wrong with that faggot, anyway? i understand he had no father, but did he also have no mother?

????

That was the whole point of what I just said, doofus. Except I replaced "salesman" with "scam artist". And what you linked me just backed up my point.

I realized this as a kid. ur dad is dum

>Door to door meat salesman

My sides

Kek
Local loli forces man at gunpoint to buy cookies

Can confirm. Cousin bought a Kirby because he thought he'd be able to fuck the chick that sold it to him.

Modern gypsies

The most common gypsy scam (my dad fell for it so I'm familiar with it) is for asphalt paving. They drive their asphalt truck up to your house and tell you they've finished a big asphalt job somewhere else in town and have leftover asphalt (just enough for your driveway!) and they can do your driveway at a discount so they don't need to throw it all away. The problem is a) they're lying about their "big job" and b) apparently asphalt needs to be freshly mixed to actually work well. Long story short my dad wasted a good chunk of change and his driveway looks like shit. I'm sure the used meat guys are the exact same. There's a reason door-to-door salesmanship doesn't exist anymore outside of office parks. The economics don't make sense anymore with the internet and hell, even 20 years ago with the yellow book. The only people that are willing to sell individually are confidence men who know they're going to make the deal work for themselves. The thing about the video in the OP is that its quite sad when the lady tries to explain how she was "intimidated" into buying the meat. You can hear in her voice her own confusion for how she fell for this scheme. The feeling of being tricked into spending money hurts, and its crazy in retrospect, but these individuals are professional bullshit artists who make their living smooth-talking people out of money. Don't feel bad about being suckered but just know, you're never getting a deal if someone tells you you are.

Apparently Kirbys are really good, but just wildly overpriced. The trick is to buy them used off ebay because they're easily refurbished with replacement parts if they break down and will thus last your entire life when even fancy-schmancy Dysons which don't suck half as good die after a few years.

Technically the girl scouts are a paramilitary force. I don't trust them.

they're not "real gypsies" as in romani, they're some kind of irish scum. they also do a similar scam with roofing is probably one of them.

I suppose the correct term is "travelers"

wait, why would anyone buy anything from door to door salesmen?

door to door window canvasser here. work for a good, reputable business that puts in honest work. easy as hell for anyone whose personable and charismatic.

Here in the south the gypsy door-to-door roofers, meat sellers and asphalt conmen are a real plague. They are most successful with dementia ridden senior citizens since most younger folk are aware of it. I tell them if they aren't off my property in 15 seconds I'll release my hellhounds who look terrifying. You should see how fast those fuckers run. I do the same thing to fucking evangelicals and jehovahs witnesses too. At least once every month I have to deal with one or another of those scum.

The woman in the OP can barely string together a coherent sentence. I don't have much sympathy for this victim in particular.

>doesnt even trust a paramilitary group of cute little girls that sell cookies

are you practicing to be gay or something?

thats a good way to get your dog killed. a co worker of mine from kentucky had to kill a dog that got sprung on him once. just say no thanks and close your door, no reason to be salted

A meat salseman knocked on my door a few years and i burst out laughing. I thought he was joking at first then he was all, no seriously. Told him to fuck off.

It's a real thing.

When i was in grad school two mormons knocked on my door and i told them they could come in and convert me if one of them played madden with me. They said they weren't allowed to play video games, but it was hot af outside so they said ok i-i guess. Ended up teaching one of them to play and they started murmuring about religion while i was raping the one kid at madden and yelling shit like IN YOUR FACE FAGGOT, YOUR NAME IS TOAST NOW! They came back the next day and hung out for an hour again. I kind of felt bad because i probably corrupted them and turned them into degenerare junkies later in life.

You're complaining about little girls selling cookies on an internet cooking board. I think you're already losing harder than anyone you're talking about or to.

i actually lolled. they cant play vidya games? ive met a few of them but didnt know that.

This meat man is a real smooth talker starts around 1 minute in

youtube.com/watch?v=ipXRKH1Ov-o

I recently found out they won't come to your house if you hang Norse flags outside. Not sure why, but they bug my neighbors, but not me.

kek

They warned us about this around here. Police statements and in a TV show. How does it feel to be scammer?

sounds like a good horror premise, with the meat being human and the salesman killing anyone who eats it

>door to door "meat salesmen?
Isn't that a euphemism for a rentboy?

Mormon's aren't supposed to do anything. Alcohol, or caffeine or anything like that technically. Like anything else, most people just say they're Mormons and don't have any clue what it really means. It's a cultural thing these days.

O B S S E S S E D

B

S

S

E

S

S

E

D

It's not that it's against their religion to play vidya, it's that when they are out on a mission to convert the heathens, they aren't supposed to sit on their asses for hours playing vidya instead of converting more heathens.

I was out doing yardwork one day when they visited my next-door neighbor, and then tried to convert me. I asked them if they wanted to help me shovel compost, and they were game for it if they could preach at me. I was just joking, though; I didn't want them to mess up their clothing with a bunch of rotting yard clippings.

Mormons are nice people, even if they do believe in some weird stuff.

They skipped my old house (I live on 60 acres now, so I never see any kind of solicitor), because I was always sitting on my stoop drinking when they came by. They waved and said "how do you do" but never stopped.

Give em that much, they know a lost cause when they see one.

Was hurting for money and signed up for a gig for a day to see if I'd like the job doing one of these fucking jobs.

The first thing we do is the guy who I ride with takes me a to a fucking bar, asks if I want a drink, I say no because I'm not old enough and have no money. He buys me a beer anyway and we shoot the shit. He asks me if I had any real interest in the job and I said yes if its a fair days pay for a fair days work. So, we go out on his route (far far far out of the town where we met up/live) and start. I sit in the van with the meat until he comes back from someones house because they got suckered in to looking at the product, not even buying it. So, he signals me to bring the large case of meat to this old lady's house. She looks petrified. As if I am about to rob her blind but smiles.

We show off the frozen cuts of meat and she is staring at me with the eyes of death and says no. She suddenly has a change of heart and tells us immediately to scram. We leave and this repeats about 5 fucking times. The guy later asks me "Hey, you going to buy me a beer?" I look at him with complete shock as I just told this asshole I had no money. So the whole 2 hour car ride home he heckles me as to how I owe him for everything he did for me today, blah blah.

We get back to the place they use for meeting up and I scram. I didn't even care to get paid for the day. I just wanted to get the fuck out of there.

Mormons are super nice, it's sad the whole religion is a financial scam on the level of scientology.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug

You black or something?

Underrated.

Did he rape you?

I used to pretend I couldn't get to the door and tell them to come in, but the deadbolt would still be locked. They'd try to open it and I'd say, "it's unlocked, it's jammed though. Just push hard!" just to see how long I could get them to keep trying.

>mfw a power-lifter selling magazine subscriptions broke the fucking door off from the HINGES side

I remedy all of this by never answering the door unless I'm expecting someone. I have never been in a situation where a random knock didn't result in annoyance.

Why people feel compelled to answer is beyond me.

I hope this guy comes to my door one day
youtu.be/LAo-DmzdvK0

That was another fun one. Just open the blinds and stare at them instead of opening the door. I always thought the "cone-ing" guy on youtube's stare-ing videos were stupid until I actually tried it.

Makes great practice for maintaining composure when something is really making you want to laugh.

what the fuck my friend does this shit. literally fucking sells shit door to door. was shocked too when he told me. i think he quit though because he seemed kind of melancholic when he talked about it. really shady stuff maaaan

The U.K. scam is that they say the freezer van is fucked and all the prime quality fish will spoil by the time they reach their destination. so you can have loads of it on the cheap right now. Cash only.

I'd show some money, have them unload all of it and "change my mind" so they'd have to load it back up, just for even trying that.

holy fuck just work at a restaurant or something

I got fucked user, yes I did. He called me from his truck as I was taking out the trash asking me if I wanted free meat. Then he tried to sell it to me for $300. I got him down to $120 before I told him to leave. Then he said he didn't want to have to pack up the product and it was melting and I owe him money. God damn I fucking goofed. That meat sucked... I'm such a dumbass. At least I didn't get got for $300

>I owe him money

I've literally never heard on my entire life about a door to door salesman
In what countries is that a thing

some people go get and some people get got.

>Man shows up on my property uninvited trying to sell me "meat"

25 bucks for 25 ribeyes?
1.25 a ribeye? I don't care how shitty the meat is, stew it or grind it up. Thats still a good deal.

>whats wrong with that faggot, anyway?
This is one of those occasions where you check the picture for the answer.

>owe him money
Classic con line. YOU NEVER owe anyone money unless you agreed for a good or service. Tough titty on that guy if it melted. Learn to be a dick.

Those people came by a few times in the mid 2000s, just selling meat door to door out of a truck. We never fell for it. but our neighbor, he worked at Sam's Club and would get those huge vacuum sealed portions of meat when they were going to get thrown out sometimes, and he'd give it to us. cool guy.
only accept door to door meat from a neighbor

>anyone been tricked by door to door "meat salesmen?

No.

Because I'm not a stupid nigger or poor white trash.

When I lived in my parents' house, they would visit all the time. One time I invited them in to preach to my 25 year old autistic brother. He just kept saying "bullshit" after everything they tried to inform him about. Then upon leaving they told me they could save him and I laughed. They never returned.

He also smashed my laptop because I put him through that but I feel like I kinda deserved that.

Middle class and up people are the ones who fall for this. Poorfags simply can't spend a few hundred on a whim.

Middle class people aren't stupid enough to buy their food from some nigger doing door to door meat sales.

Like any religion...

Nah, the Mormons go above and beyond normal religion.
You have to dedicate your money and time or else you don't get into Mormon heaven whereas it's just a strong suggestion for being a good person for most other religions.

>Middle class people aren't stupid enough

I saw these guys driving around town. One day, they showed up at my door. Told me about their quality and prices. I kindly took a look at what they had to offer, which is more than I should have done. I politely told the guy to Fuck Off, as I was a meat cutter at a local grocery store and the quality and pricing wasn't all that great. I also told him to leave my neighbors alone. Made sure he knew I was watching and got that motherfucker out of here.