Are there any other Crawfish enthusiasts on Veeky Forums? They are as cheap as they're going to get this year...

Are there any other Crawfish enthusiasts on Veeky Forums? They are as cheap as they're going to get this year, so get em while they're hot! Should be relatively easy as long as you live in a state close to LA.

Other urls found in this thread:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g34550-d855371-Reviews-Cub_s_Crawfish-Pensacola_Florida.html
youtube.com/watch?v=8Yvoi3bdQzA
lacrawfish.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pennsylmuhvania here.

I saw them on my weekly shop today at $6.99/lb. Certainly not the cheapest price here. In a few weeks, the price will drop to $4.99/lb or less, so I'll wait until then.

What traditional ways to cook them exist here in Ameriland? I've only had them "Cajun"-style, clam-bake style and steamed with Old Bay. None of them really struck my fancy, but Cajun came close.

I'm from ye olde country originally so I cook them the way they're cooked on the other side of the pond, namely in a wine-caramelised onion ragout, eaten with bread. They're also commonly used in a soup made spicy with lots of paprika, dressed with vinegar just before serving.

In the gulf they fill a big ass pot with Crawfish, halved potatoes and 3-inch sections of corn on the cobb all that shit seasoned with old bay and people love it. Look up crawfish boil and find a similar recipe.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g34550-d855371-Reviews-Cub_s_Crawfish-Pensacola_Florida.html
Where I get mine.
Best damn etouffe I've had outside Louisiana.

Lots of Vietnamese in my area, the best way I've ever had them done was by a Vietnamese fisherman who put about two gallons of pickled sliced jalapenos and a bunch of halved oranges in the boil along with the premade crawfish boil/salt.

IDK. Lived in Florida most of my life. Been to NOLA. Just don't see the appeal. I mean if that shit was like 2.00 a pound I'd get it, but meat for money even good shrimp is priced about the same for way less work and more options. I'm gonna go scalloping in July and probably snag like 20-25 pounds. That shit goes for 20-30 a pound at the grocery, shit makes no sense.

Don't forget the sausage!

Sometimes I find little red eggs inside them

How does this make crawfish enthusiasts feel?

youtube.com/watch?v=8Yvoi3bdQzA

Anyone from Western Washington know where I can get some in the next week or two? My roommates are going to be out for a week and I'll finally have a chance to cook seafood (river-food?) with out having to listen to them complain endlessly. I've been interested in trying crawfish but I've never been able to.

Why do americans call it a crawFISH? when it's literally like a lobster but smaller

I moved to Alabama from Texas a couple of years ago and we had a boil at work. I was surprised to learn that I was the only one who ate crawfish. Everyone else had just shrimp.

Yes. Just like we call this fruit pineAPPLE.

Also,
O B S E S S E D
B
S
E
S
S
E
D

What part of Texas?
I've grown up eating them, but I'm in the East and border Louisiana and have family from there.

Fucking love crawfish, but never enough friends around to warrant buying some, plus they never like how spicy I make them.
I gotta have that lip melting flavor.

we don't use old bay in Louisiana... maybe as a complimentary seasoning, but never the base of the boil

lacrawfish.com/

I've heard it's illegal to ship them into the state of WA though, maybe I'm wrong

Yeah, from what I've found they have to be cooked or frozen to import. There are native crawfish, and I was hoping to find a local dealer/fisher/whatever but I'm not having much luck other than reviews of "I once saw them here at this market in Seattle 20 years ago" sorta shit. Guess I could just call around, but that seems like a pain.

That sounds really good.

1 forty lb sack of live crawfish
6 heads of garlic
3 onions
1 head of celery
6 lemons halved
3 oranges halved
12 lbs of red potatoes
3 packages button mushrooms
8 pieces frozen corn
2 whole links of sausage chopped
1 bag chackbay boil seasoning
1 1/2 cups of salt
1 8 oz bottle zatarains liquid boil
1 8 oz bottle louisiana hot sauce
2 zatarains mesh spice packs

I use a 100 quart pot so I can add lots of sides or even some shrimp or crab. never do lobster in a seafood boil like this

> we don't use old bay in Louisiana

What the fuck does this even mean? Does the culinary SWAT team break through your door if you use it?

I like them but I get stomach pain everytime I eat them for some reason

old bay is an east coast thing. not spicy enough for cajun crawfish.