Ethiopian Food

Has Veeky Forums ever eaten pic related? If so, what did you eat? Have you ever had homemade Ethiopian food? What is your favorite Ethiopian dish?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refrigeration#Earliest_forms_of_cooling
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Writing#Neolithic_writing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pass nigger food.

All of that looks like hot garbage.

I've never had ethiopian food. but i guess neither have Ethiopians

jesus that's pathetic and unappetizing

I once swallowed a fly while riding my bike as a kid, so, yeah, I guess I have.

come on guys, no memes, doesn't this look delicious

Ethiopian food looks the same going in as it does coming out.

Memes aside though, Ethiopian food is delicious.

>tfw no Ethiopian gf to make me meals

I love Ethiopian food. May favorite dishes are kitfo and misir wot, and injera is just one of my favorite breads, period. I can't make injera that's as good as the restaurants do, but it's still really good. I would LOVE to try Ethiopian home-cooking, but I don't know any Ethiopians.

All of that looks like an un-diagnosed gastrointestinal disorder.

love the combination of red wine and fenugreek.

Misr Wat and Doro Wat are lovely. Difficult to get the bread though, I usually improvise with wholegrain flour, self raising flour, soda water, vinegar, lemon juice.

Yeah, my country isn't one for presentation, but I don't know who could hate Ethiopian food once they've tried it.

Sucks that you don't know any Wthiopians, but if you ever do befriend one and tell them you like Ethiopian food, it's likely that you'll get invited to dinner sometime.

Most Ethiopian restaurants buy injera from an Ethiopian market instead of making it on site, so if you're craving good injera and don't want to go to the trouble of making it, just find a place to purchase some. It'll still be made fresh, but less hassle for you.

>poop with some pieces of salad
No thank you

>Ethiopia is the one country in Africa with a noteworthy culinary heritage
>eternally doomed to meme tier thanks to South Park
>shitholes like Angola and Niger forever unscorned

Someone tell me I'm not the only one triggered by this.

>my country
Get the fuck out of Europe you filthy nigger

Just made a homemade Ethiopian beef stew over Injera from the Ethiopian bakery this past week. The stew was delicious, I just didn't like the Injera. As the guy said in the shop "It's better with food", I just don't like it on it's own. I had brown Injera though and not white, I've never tried white I may like it.

I'd really like to try some kitfo though. There are a couple Ethiopian restaurants near me. I'll probably go sometime.

>Ethiopia
>Food

LMAO, get used to it assblasted europoor. You'll look the same colortone as the US in no time.

As the Ethiopian OP, I feel mostly unfazed because they're so off the mark with their ignorance that their insults don't even feel personal.

People saying 'Ethiopian people haven't had Ethiopian food either' is such an old, lazy joke. Especially on a board about cooking. It's on the level of someone making a thread talking about East Asian cuisine and getting a reply about eating cat.

If someone comes onto the thread, laughs at a dumb joke, then leaves without learning anything about Ethiopian food I'd be kind of dissappointed, sure. But at least they were entertained.

Anyways, what kind of Ethiopian food have you tried, user?

I was born in the U.S. Never been to Europe. What's it like there? Which country are you from?

Honestly, I don't like plain injera either, and I grew up eating it. It's definitely better with food. I look at it more as an edible eating utensil, than a food in its own right.

I've never had Ethiopian food but this doesn't look bad. I can see why piles of hard-to-identify mush can be off-putting to some people though.

My biggest thing is, I've never been a fan of food where I'm expected to rip and tear the bread and use it to pick up my food; if this was presented to me I'd roll it into a burrito.

>Anyways, what kind of Ethiopian food have you tried, user?

None. I've just read a bit more about random countries than your standard user and get pissy about people getting their geography wrong.

I'd definitely try Ethiopian food if I could, though. Wat sounds delicious, especially if it's as spicy as I'm imagining, and I'm a hummus fan so I'd probably be all over shahan ful, too. But the likelihood of running into an African restaurant in rural Pennsylvania is sadly pretty low.

I don't know exactly what I had, some kind of chicken in a big platter of sauce with some dark brown pita type bread and similar veggies as your pic. The meat has really weird texture and the overall flavor was very earthy and bland

I applaud the control you have over your bowels to shit in 3 separate and distinct piles

No wonder they're all starving; looks like fresh lizard shit.

yeah, i really enjoyed it, although you have to be comfortable you are eating with as everything is being shared and everyone is eating with their hands.

No, but my dad as a Somali said it's like Indian food but not as spicy

Ethiopian food is so fucking delicious. I looooooooove sourdoughs so injera is such a pleasure. The only specific dish I remember trying is kifto, which was awesome, but I've loved everything else I've tried.

I don't have an Ethiopian place near me but I've been to Aster's in Austin and Samson's in Fort Worth.

This sums up my feelings well. It's so painfully repetitive. I don't think any of these anons even think it's funny, they just feel compelled for some reason to post some shitty comment and never look at the thread again.

It's really delicious. There's a very affordable Ethiopian restaurant near me, I don't know why I don't go more often.

Also keep in mind that starving Ethiopian jokes date back to the famine in the 80s. You kids are regurgitating memes your dads used before they hit puberty.

shekla tibbs with awaze and snafich for brekky. I like Kurt, but not when the raw pieces are too big. Fuxk now i am craving quanta firfir with a big boiled egg in the middle.

Misto is also good and so is dulet.

Veggie platter on Wed and Friday.

Shekla tibbs... best earlier in the day while the meat is still fresh.

This is what dishes look like on fasting days. I could almost eat this everyday, but some how dead skint Ethiopians can afford to only meat.

And when i visit my family in the village is when things start to get a bit freaky...

injera looks horrible. why can't they fix their bread.

Its called beef Tibs and its amazing!

the place by me imports teff flour and makes their own

>eating food from a country known mostly for famine

It's fermented in a bucket in the corner of a hut for at least a day... not quite for the plebian palate.

Ethop place opened up near me, want to visit but not sure what I would order. Any ideas? I like spicy foods and Indian a lot, so maybe aomehing similar?

>best earlier in the day while the meat is still fresh
what the fuck is this supposed to mean? do you just cook them in the morning and then offer them to people the whole day?

I had it once, I was wigged out by it while eating it and would have told you it wasn't very good. But ever since then the memory of it makes me want to try it again.

Some sort of tibbs, kitfo if you like rare meat and a veggie platter if you don't want to eat to the point where you feel like killing yourself. Ethiopian food can be a bit heavy.

lentils looking good. rest pretty pathetic

Never tried it.

Looks way too much like Indian food and I so fucking hate Indian food and the peoples.

Refrigeration isn't very common, so best get to the butcher, usually connected to the restaurant, in the morning for freshest meat.

This is what a manly Ethiopian breakfast looks like. Fresh doesn't necessarily imply clean, but it means it was exposed less to the flies and all that they bring.

jesus christ it's hard to believe these people came up with their own writing system

i like the porous texture of the bread tho. reminds of something similar to a thick crepe that the turks here make called a katma. pretty delish with nutella or olivier salad or ham and cheese

Well, I sure don't care where the food is from if it tastes good. Never tried any made by you Ethiopes, but she looks a mite tasty, sure.

Nobody used refrigerators when people started writing.

I got a sampler platter at my local Ethiopian restaurant almost identical to OP pic with a side of mango peach juice or whatever they served

it was pretty okay. I'd eat it again but I wouldn't go out of my way to have some more

Gored Gored? Looks like it at least, I had that at an Ethiopian restaurant. Everyone else was too pussy to try it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refrigeration#Earliest_forms_of_cooling
>The seasonal harvesting of snow and ice is an ancient practice estimated to have begun earlier than 1000 B.C.[1]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Writing#Neolithic_writing
>The original Mesopotamian writing system (believed to be the world's oldest) was derived around 3600 BC

I present reasonable counterargument.

is your lamb going to be ok?

I'm not just being cheeky here, but literally everything on the plate save the salad, looks EXACTLY - in colour and consistency - like something my cat has thrown up at a point or another.

So no, it does not look delicious

upvote my friend :D

I've had Ethiopian food a couple times. There's a place that serves it a bit away from where I live. I don't remember what I've had is called, but I liked it. The spongey bread was pretty good. Also, honey wine is fucking delicious

>As the Ethiopian
>I was born in the U.S

No, you're American, not ethiopian. Fucking americans claim all the time they're 1/4 this and 1/2 that and 1/256th the other, while carrying an american passport.

Settle down

My best friend is Ethiopean and got me hooked on the food
Might look awful but taste pretty good

There is an Ethiopian food stall near where I work, shits pretty good

As a flyover, I ate it once when I visited some friends who lived in NYC. It was a small restaurant with platforms and cushions instead of a dining table and chairs. I remember the flavors being complex but not particularly hot. I wasn't wild about the injera as I thought it was too spongy, but it did soak up the juices of the stews well.

>Nationality overrides ethnicity

>born in america
>claims to be an Ethiopian
Good, so when do you leave to go back home? Nobody, not even american pavment apes, want you here.

>tfw eating african food tonight

>Using snow and ice
>In Ethiopia

What did he mean by this?

t. Sweden

Ethiopian girls are qt.

I've gone to ethiopian restaurants a handful of times, I always get the one with the chicken drumstick and the hard boiled egg, and then a few other things.

I invariably eat so much of it I spend all night in bed tossing and turning in a pool of spicy sweat...

my body hates this cuisine but my mouth loves it.

>Ethiopian food
>Ethiopian dish

I've gone to an ethiopian restaurant before.

floppy, sour-tasting pancake thing they give you tastes rubbish.
Simply rice or any kind of naan, rothi, paratha, or any middle eastern bread would have tasted FAR better.

Who the fuck is kidding themselves when they think injera is a good thing? It sucks. it's cold, sour tasting rubish and doesn't compliment the curry-things they serve at all.

the curry and lentil dishes they serve are flat out not as good as indian curry or lentil dishes. That's just an inarguable fact.

I did get a very nice dry-fried lamb dish though which was pretty good.

Overall, it is not underrated, it is appropriately rated.
If it were an actually good cuisine we would see it adopted and proliferate more like has happened with indian, mexican, thai , etc.

It's not all dreadful, but a lot of it is inferior.

there's no such thing as ethiopian ethnicity, retard

Literally everything posted is the same dumb bread, and really simple dishes of mashed shit.
pic related.

Amazing culture you gots...

Also...
having Ethiopians on this website at all
pic doubly related

my dumbass forgot pic

So it's dumped on a bath mat?