What are some good frozen meals?

I like Hungry Man (made in the oven) and Tandoori Chef

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r6uwtW6uU38
youtube.com/watch?v=DKqmdE8gWO8
**www.foodstandards.gov.au/consumer/additives/additiveoverview/Documents/Food Additive Code Numbers (July 2014).pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I like a good, frozen human forearm.

I don't eat African food.

>getting the hungryman with bones

AWWW HELLL NAW

its fine if you make it in the oven. Hell, I'd assert better than modern KFC (not a huge accomplishment, but still)

Marie Calenders

There's these bags of frozen dinners. They're all easy. Heat a pan, put in a little oil, dump the bag in, cover with lid for 5~ minutes and then take the lid off and cook another 7~
They're alright for being quick, having actual meat like shrimp and chicken, and the vegetables never turn out soft and soggy.

>TFW living at yoru parents' house
>TFW they get mad if you fry anything in oil because of the smell

I've never had anything bad from this brand.
But these fuckers are the best.

This stuff is pretty dam good, although for over 3 bucks I'd usually rather just make something myself.

Most of the time when I'm with my friends and they opt for something frozen they'll just chuck it in the microwave. I'm an oven man myself, unless I'm feeling really slovenly and impatient.

Any burritos or taquitos made by El Monterey.

These are dank as fuck
This guy reviews a shit ton of frozen shit
some of it is actual shit others are decent
Breakbowl review
youtube.com/watch?v=r6uwtW6uU38

doesn't that guy hate everything he reviews and is convinced the government should make everything he finds suspect illegal?
like, one of those fucks who thinks "unnatural" food is what makes you unhealthy?

No
Some of the shit he reviews is terrible dollar store stuff or decent dollar store stuff like these indian patties

youtube.com/watch?v=DKqmdE8gWO8

passion pasta's beef ravioli

Jimmy Dean's breakfast sandwiches are fucking great, but holy shit they're loaded with sodium

This guy is okay in a cheesey dad kinda way, despite the somewhat juvenile humor. He's also smarter than he initially sounds and it seems like he actually gives a shit about cooking, unlike most people who obnoxiously review Burger King in their car.

[I'm drunk so really sociable, forgive me if I sound like a valley girl]

Lean Cuisine is really atrocious to me. When I was fat in 2010, I thought me being hungry after a Lean Cuisine meant that I couldn't control my appetite. Now I just realize that it really isn't a lot of food.

I prefer a Hungry Man than a Lean Cuisine, but I also say that as somoene who doesn't normally eat frozen foods. So if I'm bringing a meal to work that's frozen, I'll bring a fried chicken Hungry Man. It's delicious, it's a good amount of food that'll satisfy me, and it's really not so bad. So I'll buy that.

Amy's is also something else that is really good, except in the case of an Amy's frozen dinner you could eat it all the time. You can't eat Hungry Man all the time. You get a decent amount of food, you feel satisfied, and it's delicious.

Burritos are good too. shit, thaw that fucking burito in your car it'll taste good.

These really could have more Like, if it had as much food as is in that bowl then I'd buy it. Jimmy Deans always comes up short when it comes to the actual food you get, whether it's in quality or the amount of food, or even the calories since sometimes there's the Big Mac effect where it's 500 calories but it feels like you only ate half the food you really wanted.

I eat this exact amy's meal at least twice a week

Weird that a frozen meal is a routine. Could just make your own by then, freeze it, and reheat it!

I don't know how the wolf pit isn't a ck meme, he's /ourdad/ with those awful jokes!

Pretty sure they just glue the boneless meat on to bones because the meat: bone ratio is way higher than that of a normal chicken.

How do you guys afford these Amy's dishes? They're like triple the price of average frozen meals.

I've been enjoying these lately when I've been feeling lazy. They don't skimp on the cheese or sausage.

AMYS MY NIGGA

MY CALORIE COUNTER APP GAVE ME A GOLD STAR BECAUSE THE MEXICAN CASSEROLE WAS A WELL ROUNDED AND NUTRITIOUS MEAL

SORRY HUNGRY SODIUM MAN, NOT TODAY

Stoufers is hands down the best national brand for the money. 2 dollar meatloaf and macaroni meals? Whats the limit, cashier?

Amy's broccoli cheddar bake is the tits. Also any frozen pre made Gyoza always turns out super well, never had bad freezer Gyoza. Also french bread pizzas that burn the shit out of your mouth are great.

>hungry sodium man

user, they give you less food. Of course you get less sodium.

The country cheddar bowl is so fucking good. The potatoes are so fluffy and delicious. I pick out the flaccid tofu slabs though, not sure why they're even in there.

After ten fucking years I finally cracked and had frozen food for the first time once more. Michelina's fettucine alfredo, I couldn't help myself it was just so damn cheap and the Safeway is across from work that I can save like $6 on my daily lunch excursion.

These things are a miracle. This is my favorite type, but the other dishes are legit. Slightly more effort than a TV dinner, but they only dirty one skillet and then you're good to go.

Protein. You know they only make vegetarian meals, right?

Doesn't cheese have protein though? Also I'm aware. Anyways the shit is nasty and only wishes it was as delicious as broccoli.

>Sodium
I'm not a 90-year-old man, my body can process salt

the devour shit is over the top but damn I have to admit it's perfect late night drunk food... use them to keep away the DUIs

especially the bacon mac n cheese, pretty legit imo

none of them are "good"

All of them are mediocre. I eat these at friends houses when they have nothing, or when I am super hungry and tired after a hard workout. They are sustenance and nothing more.

all that being said I think the enchiladas, beans, and rice are a safer bet in terms of taste than most of them

I tried this the other day and it was pretty good. it's pretty expensive for frozen food though. the bertolli bag things are ok too, but I can never find any of the flavors I like anymore. as far as microwave dinners go I like the zatarans and chilis branded ones, but I haven't seen them in the store recently either.

forgot picture

Yep the chicken parm is great.

Stouffers mac and cheese is my go to though.

Amys is like 7$ for a frozen shitty meal
The frozen pizzas are 16.99 for like 13oz of food. I could buy 18oz ribeye baby spuds and asparagus for that

Amys has a large marketing team

Damn

Amy's chili mac though.

Yeah, Amy's is pretty dang good (for frozen foods anyway)

I like to eat this with my steak

==I wouldn't recommend you guys to eat refined, additive-filled foods. Eat whole grains, meat, veggies, fruit, drink water and tea and your life will be happier.==

Did you see the ingredient list in the back of the bags? You're going to shit bricks if you know what you're eating. Just google what additives you're chowing down and what harm can they do to your precious body.

****www.foodstandards.gov.au/consumer/additives/additiveoverview/Documents/Food Additive Code Numbers (July 2014).pdf

Ventilate before you start. Open windows and turn on fans to direct air outwards or, if it's summer (or you're lucky enough to have air conditioning), power it up. The same goes for those of you with ranges with hood ventilation.

Close the doors to nearby rooms so that the smell doesn't seep into the bedroom, living room, and bathroom, slowly but surely taking over your entire life.

Clean up immediately. It's tempting to eat the hard-earned latkes right away. Yes, sneak a few for yourself, but then start cleaning (or employ a helper!) A.S.A.P. Once you've disposed of the oil, clean the pots, pans and appliaces and wipe down the stovetop, counters, and nearby walls (!) with kitchen degreaser.

why are you more than doubling everything when the hungry man is only a little over 50% more

am i the only one that hates those soggy ass tortilla strips in that one?

Is this some fresh pasta or what?

Hello, Shareblue, how are the COINTELPRO tactics goin'?

I don't know what any of that means.

Your math is really fucked. Go back to school

380 * 2 = 760

i don't understand what point you're trying to make?

i said more than double (image said 770), double is 760

I was off by 1% to make the math simpler because I'm lazy.

>good
>frozen
Pick one

these are simply the best

but they are expensive as fuck compared

You can freeze pretty much any type of meat pie and reheat in the oven with great results, but that said I don't know any good meat pie brands on the market, but that doesn't mean you can't make it yourself.

oh, so you're just fucking stupid

since you didn't get it the first time, what i was saying was that 411/269 =/= 2, you idiot

It wouldn't make sense to use the package weights. Some of it could just be water, which isn't food.

you got me there, just guessing was definitely the way to go for a nice, accurate calculation

What guessing? The calories double, logically all of the nutrients double.

Imagine one Amy's dinner. Then imagine another Amy's dinner.

That is the caloric equivalent of a Hungry Man meal.

With slightly more sodium in total. Which is the original point I was making.

You're all fucking stupid and your conversation is just pointless bickering bullshit. I hope you feel bad about it and work to mentally improve yourselves.

>pointless bickering
Yes hello welcome to the Internet enjoy your stay.

basically he is retarded and thought "oh look its WAAY lower in everything so its better" with realizing its just half the food

Amys are a rip off and wont fill up any normal size adult

>welcome to the Internet

I've been online for 21 years, but this thread spiraled into retardation very quickly, and not the deliberate trolly kind.

your loss long pig tastes fanfuckingtastic

This and the Stouffer's Cheddar Bake are some of the best.

haha that does not serve two

Stouffers meat sauce lasagna is the only frozen one worth buying
It actually uses real food ingredients not crazy processed shit and tastes way WAY better than the store brand or other brand frozen shit

Except you get a balanced and filling meal without relying on double the empty calories like hungry man, which leans heavily on sodium for flavor rather than to preserve (relatively) natural flavor. That was MY original point.

The Amys has way more carbs and less protein per weight
Its just as bad as the hunger mans. It might not have the same amount of preservatives but who knows

ice cream.

All these images just make ne think about all the packaging and cleaning and other production related things for each different product. I work in a frozen food place so now it makes me think about stuff like this. Packaging sucks three akwalw a goddamn problem and causes fuck ups.

this and their grandma chicken and rice bake are the fucking best

grandma chicken and rice bake is highly underrated

The wolfepit guy has a lot of heart. He's literally paralyzed and can barely has full control of his hands. You'll notice he usually holds knives and spoons in an odd uncoordinated way. He had a depressing post on his blog a while back about not being able to afford some modification he needed for his hand-controlled pickup truck and how that's the only independence he has :/

I support the guy's channel. He's a champ. I hope the slowly growing youtube fame does't go to his head.

>spending $6 on this
>literally have to cook it yourself way

why not just make it from scratch for less than 1/4 the price

He's working in IT or something related from home as far as I can tell, so Youtube isn't his primary income. I wish he did more BBQ/grilling videos rather than microwaved meal reviews though. The higher viewcounts probably pushes him towards the reviews too much

plese tell me where you can buy chicken breast and cheese for less than $1.50

He addressed that in a recent video. He said the limited mobility and need for aid when handling things is why he hasn't been doing as many bbq videos.

Can't remember the brand name, but I always stock up when the frozen spinach and ricotta bakes go on sale for $1CA/each. They're surprisingly good.

The dish is almost entirely pasta.

The only cheese listed is parmesan, and it comes below spinach on the list of ingredients. And there isn't a lot of spinach.

There doesn't appear to be a whole lot of chicken either, maybe one breast cut up.

1.50 is stretching it a bit in my opinion, but it could be doable if you find some sales.

To be fair, if you spend $15 total on all ingredients (let's say the person needs everything) to make a few meals, unless you get one hell of a deal on this or the other, there isn't that much of a difference price-wise than just buying a couple of the premade ones.

How much chicken do you think is in the bag? You can buy chicken from any Walmart for $2/lb and there's way less than 1lb of meat in that bag

ah that sucks

Yes there is, are you joking? Have you ever cooked pasta before?

Not real tamal

Horrendous shit fatbastardization. Not real enchilada redneck

user, it's frozen food. You can't expect too much.

Looks awful except for the corn

How many calories per plate?

Why the box dont use the same white plate?

Comida de vatos locos y pobres

Los frijoles parecen mierda. Mejor estuvieran molidos para tener un presentacion mas favorable

frozen food from costco is usually solid since they only sell stuff that goes thru a team of taste testers and passes the grade.

also amy's is absolute trash.

>You can buy chicken from any Walmart for $2/lb
fucking where? chicken breast is $5.99/lb at walmart or most grocery stores where I live. even if I go to the mexican corner store and get 2 bone-in breasts for $2.99 that leaves nothing for the rest of the ingredients. the cheese alone is going to cost at least 50 cents/oz for even the cheapest american made kind.

>fucking where? chicken breast is $5.99/lb at walmart or most grocery stores where I live.

I've lived throughout the Midwest and the South and I've never paid more than $2.50/lb for chicken breast. Not even the organic chicken breast is $6/lb