Spaghetti Sauce Advice

So I bought a pound of ground beef that was on sale, I intended to turn it into spaghetti sauce by combining it with a jar of sauce and some tomatoes. Problem is, my roommate complained last time that it was too bland. What can I do to improve the sauce? I have some chorizo and bacon, should I add some of that to the meat when I cook it? I was of course going to saute some onions and garlic as well, of course.

>jar of sauce

that's incredibly vague but probably the reason that it's bland

The acidity of the tomatoes dampens your taste buds. Add sugar to counter balance the acidity and the other flavors will come through much better.

add pepper, salt and chilly(powder)

season the meat in adobo easy and lazy

I've never used abodo, like the seasoning? Just sprinkle some on?

If you're going through the trouble of browning meat for your sauce, there really isn't any reason to use a pre-made sauce.

Just get a can of crushed tomatoes, an onion, basil and or oregano, and garlic.

Chop onion, sautee until translucent.
Chop garlic, sautee for about a minute.
Add tomatoes. (If you want a thinner sauce you can blend them first)
Add herbs, S&P, some sugar to cut the acid.
Brown meat then add to pot
Simmer 20-30 mins

ez

yah its pretty much all seasonings in one. just dont put too much or it'll come off too salty. just test it out to taste.

Ok, got it. How much sugar should I add approximately? I've also heard that sticking a whole carrot in there helps to lower the acidity.

Oh and when it comes to adding chorizo or bacon, good idea or nah?

>sugar
lol, nice baito desu

Depends on the acidity of the tomatoes, a few tsps or so.

Chorizo could work I guess, though bacon with spaghetti just sounds off.
Let's not shitpost user, as long as he doesn't do he's fine

Italian seasoning, onion powder, and garlic salt. Cooking the meat with onions tastes better than powder, though.

What I use is fairly simple but works

>sweat chopped up onion
>Salt + pepper meat while browning with onions, once browned:
>Add tomato paste, and mix with meat.
>Slowly add water throughout the rest of this process as needed for your preference of wetness.
>add roasted garlic to taste
>Oregano
>Basil
>Fennel
>more salt
if i'm feeling like it
>crushed red pepper flakes

Make a simple bolognese.

also, you should serve it like pic related, the only way to eat pasta bolognese.

>He cuts up his spaghetti like a baby

Here's what you're gonna do. You suck at cooking, so we're gonna make lemonade sauce. Take whatever sauce you bought, add a tablespoon of lemon juice, a tablespoon of vinegar, then add about four tablespoons of sugar and salt to taste. Its blasphemous as fuck, but it'll please ingrates.

Instead of spaghetti sauce do urself a favor and make proper ragout Bolognese. Thank me later.

Projecting

I use fresh tomatos, bell pepper, onion, garlick, carrot, celery, basil and some broth. Add S&P and some spices and simmer for as long as you can, but at least two hours.

Even without meat there´s no chance anyone could tell you the sauce is bland. Should you chose too add meat pick a fatty cut with bone for that will help not only to enhance the flavor of the sauce but also to thicken it.

Speaking of ground meat, what can I do with ground beef that's not bolognese, chili con carne nor hamburgers? Any cool recipes you'd like to share, Veeky Forums?

>saute garlic and onions
>when onions are translucent, add meat, salt, & pepper
>add oregano, basil, and a bit of thyme and rosemary
>brown the meat
>add the tomatoes and sauce
>simmer for about a half hour

Crushed red pepper. It does wonders for canned sauce. And since you have no idea how to cook, just buy some Italian seasoning and sprinkle that on.

>Crushed red pepper
ayy
>if i'm feeling like it
>>crushed red pepper flakes

reminds me of MRE sketti

>my roommate complained last time that it was too bland
More salt, pepper and a little bit of spice/heat. Consider a tsp of curry powder.

Kofte, cevapi
Shepherd's/Cottage pie
that new york sandwich that's like a cheesesteak but with ground beef instead

adding lots of spices is good, you gotta let that shit simmer for a while too

why the fuck is it creamy

>bell pepper

what a waste... the pic that is.

wait what the fuck did you do to your spaghetti?
kek

I do that, too. It's good, faggot.

The ultimate spaghetti sauce is made with brown sugar and garlic. You basically get into a fight with them until it balances out. D E Licious

Because I added cream to it.

I cut it up so that I could eat it with a spoon, obviously.

Get some bread crumbs and cheese. Make meatballs. Cook the meatballs in the sauce.

That's all you really need to do.

I was really close to giving you my secret meat sauce trick. But I wont because why would I. I have the best meat sauce and its gonna stay that way.

How about you kill your roommate for literally and figuratively being a tasteless faggot?

>Jar of sauce
This here is your problem. Make your own sauce.

Here's what I suggest; brown your beef then remove, add and sauté some diced onions, celery and carrots for about 20 minutes, add garlic, then a good amount of tomato puree, cook it for a minute to remove the bitterness then throw in a glass of red wine, some chopped tomatoes (tinned are OK but you'll need to add a pinch of sugar), beef stock, oregano, some worcestershire sauce, and finally, the browned beef. Simmer and reduce this for 30-60 minutes until its the right consistency. Finally season to taste. Its also better the longer you rest it, or ideally the day after.

What jar of sauce did you get?

Next time get prego. People prefer it over ragu.

It's good good.

If you want something with a little kick they have that too. Try the sausage one, believe me it won't be bland

Prego, it's the sauce preferred over ragu.

use ground pork or jimmy dean sausage instead, much better