I love British fish and chips

I love British fish and chips.
Had them in Australia... shit.
Had them in New Zealand... palatable.
Had them in San Francisco... like eating dog food.
Well done Brits, you win this round.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z6Q1NYKZ4XI
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/3067455.stm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

can you describe why you didn't like those other ones?

honestly i'm wondering how this can be fucked up. is it the batter? is it the level of doneness?

I agree, this is the only good thing British "cuisine" has invented. And maybe shepherds pie.

Would you believe it, in that other British "cuisine" thread recently, the Bongs actually seriously claimed they invented lasagna and Curry! That was a funny day....

>British cuisine

It might be the species of fish or even the climate. The British fish and chips had a lovely flaky texture and delicate flavor. The batter was crispy and crunchy, the Australian batter was like corndog batter.
Maybe even the potato variety is just better suited to the UK.
I'm allowing a thumbs up for the Brits, just this once.

Oh and the SF chips were dry and bland and the fish was done in breadcrumbs for some unknown reason.

Also, inb4:
- shart in mart;
- the chart about dental hygiene in 12 YEAR OLDS;

>2 entire countries judged on (presumably) one restaurant each
you're a turd OP

>you win this round

>traditionally british food is better in britain
IMAJUN MAH SHOCK

This one doesn't pertain to 12 year olds, Shartacus.
:^)

>I love British fish and chips.
So why post a pic of battered sausage and chips?

Brits didn't invent curry, they re-invented it.
The curry pastes and powders we take for granted were invented by Brits, and their Victorian-era mania for categorising everything defined what constituted curry X as opposed to curry Y.
So no, they didn't invent curry, but they standardised it, documented it and found a way to bring its distinct flavours to the world.

Tim Curry

You did not re-invent anything. Your Indian immigrants adjusted it to your pleb tastes.

You invented jellied eel, stargazy pie, shepherds pie, toothpaste sauce and mints, fish and chips, the chip butty, toast sandwich.

?
Isn't that fish in gravy?

>Indian immigrants
>Victorian era
Retard.

>The curry pastes and powders we take for granted were invented by Brits

this is one of the most blatant lies Ive ever read. Those pastes and powders were invented by Indians like 4000 years ago, when you Britards were still munching on tree bark and grass.

Right, you Britards probably also invented sushi, pizza and Foie Gras!

>4000 years ago
Kek, you're like a sexy Wikipedophile on wheels.

Battered sausage, chips and curry sauce.

>4000 years ago
That would be the Iron Age, user.

as always, America BTFO's the rest of the world at their own cuisine
Pic related

Sounds fucking delicious.
Is that the Brit version of poutine?

I want to be the captain of your D...

Maybe, curry sauce can be found in any good fish and chip shop and goes great with chips.

Is it spicy or mild?
Sorry if these are dumb questions but it genuinely sounds like a simple, tasty dish.

mild, what do you expect? Brits don't like spicyness

KAYS GOOD COOKING

"Hello peeepoh, and I'm back cooking agehn"

The one and only queen of Veeky Forums and official British food ambassador to the world has done it agehn:

Filet steak and chips
youtube.com/watch?v=z6Q1NYKZ4XI

Watch and learn for some great inspiration on British cuisine!

Probably true for the most part but I hear some of their curry houses do some pretty hot dishes.

I'm not British, I'm Indian Malay. And I'm pretty sure I know more about my people's food and history than you.

Queen Victoria was enamoured of India and was learning to speak and write Hindi at the time of her death. Her last servant was Indian and the last thing she ever wrote was in Hindi. Yes, there were Indian immigrants in the U.K. in the 1800's.

Traditionally, these curries were made with whichever spices came to hand. Some areas had access to particular spices that loaned their curries a specific flavour. Certain groups had dietary restrictions (Hindus will not eat beef, mussulmans will not eat pork, Sikhs will eat anything but have a strong tradition of vegetarian food, etc.). The Punjab did not have coconuts or seafood, so their curries were different to Goan curries.

It was Brits that had served with the Raj then returned home that created the demand for standardised, predictable flavours in curry, and it was this demand that led to curry powders being created.

India and Britain had what was possibly the greatest example of cultural interchange in history. Part of that interchange was the Brits taking the idea of flavouring stews with specific blends of spices, and running with it.

Sorry, my friend, but although your claim is rooted in truth, it's not actually correct.

>agehn
How is that pronounced any different than again, or rhyming with the 'gaine' part of rogaine?

tl;dr
They now have Wikipedia in India.
How delightful, like Reza.. spice prince of India.

>adding some failtastic hashtag to an ancient image macro
Fucking hell.

The bongs did come up with some awesome pork pies, though.

>failtastic
Next you'll claim that was
#OnPurpose

Fuck that mate gimme mince and cheese and some sauce

>Maybe even the potato variety is just better suited to the UK.

The potatoes, and the temperature they are fried at, and the oil used, are all critical.

>Those pathetic looking "chips"
>Those fedora tier fish tendies
>Salad
>Honey mustard

Please stop, I'm embarrassed for you.

>Brits don't like spicyness

>Phall (sometimes spelled fall, faal, fahl, phaal, phal or paal) is a British Asian Indian curry dish, which originated in Indian restaurants in Birmingham, UK.
>It is one of the hottest forms of curry regularly available, even hotter than the vindaloo

You really need to update your world knowledge my clapping cousin.

>fish tendies
it's sea tendies you moran

How often to white Brits eat it, though?

Vindaloo is extremely popular , the Phall is not eaten that often but it popular enough for pretty much every Indian restaurant to offer it.

They did invent lasagne and have this history to prove it, it's not like sharts claiming to have invented burgers

I've eaten at places like that here in England. Not necessarily a regional thing either, most people would assume you would find the best chippies in the North, but the best one I've ever eaten at was on the south coast, owned by a Chinese family.

Thr majority of places you go to eat anything are shit, regardless of where you live.

Meant for

i lived in england for 3 years for work. had my fair share.

i could find good fish in the US easily (though I live in east coast). getting those nice chunky, thick chips is another story though...

i love british food actually.

shepards pie, fish pie, pork pie

Australia. I'm from Australia but of Indian Malay heritage. Sorry if that shatters your worldview.

Also, I'll take "what is a desperate strawman argument to distract anonymous strangers on the internet from disregarding my inability to formulate a cogent response" for $50.

All the fucking time. Indians wouldn't touch it.

Nah fuck you cunt, Aussies do some fuckin ripper fish and chips, you're just a shit cunt faggot who didn't do any research on the store.

Too many shit fish and chip shops around, especially if you go further north, down south here in VIC we get pretty fucking good fish and cunts know how to batter them.

no joke, though. they are very good. nice crust and then with meat inside....love it

You actually should have said "I'll take: what argument would a desperate strawman make to distract...".
That's OK though, I'm sure I'll understand you when you call me tomorrow to sell me credit card insurance.

I'm pretty sure I've heard both Americans and Brits from all ends of the country pronounce it both ways.

This.
Up in QLD it's probably too warm. If the shop doesn't ask if you want battered or crumbed AND chicken salt, they're shit.

Brit here, never been a fan of those. I much prefer warm pies, the kind filled with gravy.

Fuckin QLD, can't do anything right eh.

But yeah, the water up there is warm as and their marine ecosystem is fucked, down south our water's pretty fucking cold which means better fish in some fish and our marine ecosystem isn't nearly as fucked

>didn't do any research on the store
You sound like a little Yelping shit.
Back in my day, 1992, if we didn't hear about it by word of mouth we either liked it or lumped it.
Speaking of lumps I need to get my testes checked for cancer again.

Yeah that's what I meant mate, word of mouth is the only reliable way to know whether a place is good otherwise it's a gamble also Yelp is for fucking faggots.

You should probably get your prostate checked too ya crusty old fuck

Haha good bantz, ya dog.

Fuckin top shit mate, lets do it again over some fish and chips and a beer sometime.

>meat
Looks like pressed cat food my dude.

It probably is

might taste good with some toothpaste on it

The lasagna you fucking Britards claim to have invented did not contain tomatos or meat. How is this a lasagna? It's something but not a lasagna.

It's like saying you invented sushi, because look jellied eel!

Read the article:
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/3067455.stm

You layered some form of pasta with some sauce and cheese on top and call it lasagna?

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF AMERICAN TEETH!

San francisco would be a bad city to get fish and chips from.

Plus curry is an anglicized term from the Indian Masala (Tikka?).

I think they have a claim to curry, unlike pugilism.

Mmmmm sausage in batter, chip and fucking curry sauce. I grew up on that shit!

This.

I live in NorCal, and there's fish and chip places everywhere. Did you go to an actual chippy, or did you just order fish and chips in a restaurant? Pic related, the one in my neighborhood. It's great, just as good as what I had in England when I was there.

We have some pretty good fish n chip joints here in Seattle

It was us Germans that invented Fish and Chips!

A German newspaper said so!

Fish looks good

Those are fries though, not chips

That's what happens when dental "insurance" is a monthly payment that pays for yearly cleanings and any other procedure rapes your wallet. Dental insurance is an installment plan paying for cleanings. Filling a cavity will still cost you $600.00. Most just let their teeth rot until one becomes infected and they have it pulled or pull it themselves.

The German papers also say you should bring in more "refugees"

Then again the yuppie scum here in Australia advocate that shit in our newspapers too

Those 'fries' look well over to me bro. Fish looks fucking awesome though.

LOL, in America, anything that isn't as thin as fucking McDonalds fries works as "chips". Although there's also a legit British pub near me that does real chips, but this place's fish is better.

I swear we have the highest percentage of refugee intake relative to population in the entire first world. Why is Turnbull such a cuck and when is T-Bone coming back?

I'd follow the best fish 10/10 times too bro. No reason they should over cook the fries so bad though. They look crunchy as fuck.

Eh, they weren't that crunchy, but definitely not as soft or as thick as regular chips. But, like you said, I follow the best fish like a fox.

Unfortunately never, the Libs have gone real fucking soft ever since Howard was in power.

What fucking gets me is that these refugees cross an entire fucking ocean just to get here, if they are truly refugees and in need to just be safe they would be stopping at the first place and staying there but they just keep on fucking going until they get here, they know we're soft and that we'll give them free money just for being an Arab or African, they shit in the face of people actually deserving refugee status and people that have waited their turn, I have a couple of Ethiopian mates (who were refugee's themselves, just not boat ones, they waited their turn in the camps in Africa and then came over by plane cause they actually got a visa) who fucking hate how these fucking boat refugees take advantage of us.

Sounds like how Texans and Mexican who came over legally feel about "wetbacks" (the derogatory term for mexicans who sneak across the Rio Grande river into Texas). I grew up with Mexican friends who's families either sought asylum legally or immigrated legally, and they HATED wetbacks, much worse than the whites even.

Why are these ex-colonials so OBSESSED fellas?

The illegal ones are fucking shit eh, we have shitty little gangs of Sudanese kids running around terrorizing people and carjacking people and they get off with a slap on the fucking wrist and we also have Arabs being allowed to have multiple wives and claim welfare for all of them and all kinds of other crazy shit going on.

The situation over here with illegal immigrants is pretty fucking bad man.

Grease taters and fish wrapped in grease paste cooked in grease.

Well done island monkeys.

Greasy meat, wrapped in grease jelly with a coating of flour and grease.

Well done island apes!

Yeah, we have those same kinds of problems but with illegal mexicans. It's not so bad in the smaller towns, but in the cities, holy shit, it's pretty bad. I understand why they want to escape Mexico, but goddamn, you have to do it legally. For example, in San Antonio, there's whole neighborhoods that aren't safe to even drive through, because of the gangs, plus there's apartments or houses with 20+ people living in them and living on our welfare benefits, while the women try to get knocked up by a legal so they can have an anchor baby. I'm not exaggerating, either. I've seen this shit happen. I worked with Mexican guy who's family came over legally back in the 70s, and unfortunately he was pretty stupid and knocked up an illegal girl who had snuck over with her 7 brothers. I've never seen a family so happy to see their teenage, unmarried sister get pregnant.

Fuck that, we get some pretty retarded cases over here with illegals, recently I heard of a group of 6 Iranians who came over by boat and got refugee status by claiming they were being persecuted etc etc and not too long after they all went back to Iran for a fucking wedding and came back and they still kept their refugee status and we get illegal immigrant criminals getting slaps on the wrists for crime constantly and even if they're going to get deported for a crime or something else a bunch of fucking annoying left wing hipster faggots go and protest, the government just caves in too, they rarely ever go through with punishments or deportations cause of these fucks.

We also have some pretty rough areas that are infested with some feral illegals that everyone just avoids

>Grease taters and fish wrapped in grease paste cooked in grease.

Sounds like something the americans would be all over. Maybe it's because it's not made by someone named Jesus, isn't spicy, and doesn't come wrapped in something so you can eat it with your fingers?
I mean, god forbid the US citizenry learn to use a knife and fork at all, let alone properly.

>doesn't taste like toothpaste
>tastes like the herb mint as it's mint

Cuisine around the world Infuses lamb and mint retart.

right on bruv pic related how all shart in marts hold their fork

You seem upset. Did you shart yourself again?

Try Daniel Wischer in Hamburg

What is that goblin cock looking thing?

Don't ever come back here. You aren't welcome.

Best fish and chips I ever had was at a tavern out in horse country in PA. Owned by a brit of course. The fish was perfectly light and flaky. And the batter was this deep rich golden brown that was crispy and flavorful, but still light and airy and didn't get soggy at all. It was served with a chilled remoulade and was one of the cozier meals I've had.

This is jealousy. Have fun in your shitskin riddled dump

never had pate?