Are chefs really this crazy, or is it just a meme?

Are chefs really this crazy, or is it just a meme?

he's a showman. obviously being a douche all the time with the people you're suposed to work with will backfire incredibly

Hes only crazy on american reality tv shows.
Hes normal in the UK ones. Everyone acts normal in uk shows even if theyre scripted.

He was a douche with everyone who worked with him, which is why they all hate him

Even his cocksleeve Wareing can't stand the guy anymore

>are celebrities this crazy, or is it just a meme?
ftfy

>start to Work at Moroccon restaurant that's aspiring to be some big fancy world class place as a busser
>Half the shits frozen and just sucks
>Chef is a guy from Syria
>Had a reputation for being a serial harraser , but he thinks he's a playboy
>nothing happens the first few weeks except a few outburst here and there
>Those first few weeks I also met a qt waitress and we started fucking on the low
>After 2 months of fucking we start kind of making it official that we are dating
>Chef starts looking at me dirty all the time
>One day he grabs my girls ass
>She obviously is pissed and walks out during dinner service
>I ask the chef to step outside
>HEY, GET TO WORK YOU FUCKING MIDGET SPIC , LEARN YOUR PLACE LITTLE MAN YOURE LUCKY I DONT STAB YOU and points his knife at me
>My response: Don't get mad because not even you're wife would fuck a fat slob like you. No one fucking likes you all the waitresses think you're creepy and do everything they can to avoid talking to you you fat faggot
>He loses it and starts throwing plates with food on them at me, missing intentionally
>The owner comes and asks me what happened
>Chef calms down when he sees the owner
>Explain to him what happened
>Chef starts denying everything
>Starts crying too
>Wtf
>The owners response
>Wait till my sister finds out.
I didn't know, but the chef and the owner were in laws, afterward the chef walked out, the owner apologized and asked me if I wanted to call the police (I did). The cops then asked me if I wanted to press assault with a deadly weapon charges on the chef (I did). The store closed a few months later, and the chef and his wife got divorced.

He's not that much of a douche. He rips people a new asshole when they act like cocky pricks and can't even do something as simple as cooking a filet medium rare. You only catch him screaming at people on Hell's Kitchen because they think they can argue with a Michelin star chef when they're nowhere close to that level of skill or passion.

He gives nothing but praise to the people who do the things they do well.

then everyone clapped and gave you $100 each

I worked in restaurants for like 10 years and the head chefs were usually rude assholes. Not necessarily screaming all the time like Gordon, but pretty shitty to the people who worked under them. I was a bartender so didn't have to interact with them as much, but I felt bad for the line cooks.

Depends on the Chef and the restaurant.

Chefs in general tend to be rough and loud, it's part of the business. You have to be loud as fuck to be heard in a busy kitchen, and the work is degrading to the point where most people who work in the kitchen stop giving a fuck about social protocol. Usually, this is all in good faith, and everyone understands that just because a Chef is being loud and harsh, doesn't really mean they are trying to be a dick, usually.

Sometimes though you just get Chefs who fucking hate life and take it out on the people under them. Sometimes you get really chill Chefs who just want to cook food and deliver good service.

In my experience the really high strung dick Chefs are encountered more in the "mid" level restaurants. High end places tend to have high strung, but extremely competent and fair chefs, and low tier places can have anything in between really.

>tv
>real

It's reality TV dofus

Long story short.. no.
But do they ever blow up like that? Fuck yes.
I've worked in a 2 Michelin-star restaurant in Antwerp and yes, if we're in the middle of a service and somebody fucks up something simple like sauteing some vegetables or forgetting something that can't be fixed in time then the chef WILL goes MENTAL and push everyone to redo everything. I've seen plates smashed, people reduced to tears, forced to do 3h of dishes after a 11 hour service etc.

When Menu's start at 5 courses for 120 EUR then shit HAS to be perfect. And all the pressure is on the chef at the window.

Also imagine night where 1/3 of the staff is sick, people just quit, rumours of Michelin people coming by, ingredients not being delived to the menu has to be changed on the fly, chef firing random people and MANY MANY more things.

I did cooking at level for 2 years and quit. It WILL take years off yours life and fuck you up.

>there are americans that actually believe this.

Just all show
Shock tactics
I'm bored with all that crap

can't wait til he gets his own knorr contract

Yeah, chefs can get mental. Especially the ones that strive for perfection.

Gordon is pretty fair imho. He yells at people when they fuck up.

chefs act like women.
worked a s a dishpig through college at about 10 different places and not one of them had a chef that wasn't a bitch
God help you if a waitress takes a shine to you, most chefs seem to think that waitresses are their property and will fuck your shit up if one of them likes you
Also the shit they talk about sounds like a gossip magazine

I mean, Ramsey can act all tough, I forget when that guy called him out, suddenly the scared little bitch was looking for somewhere to hide

Where I live, if you acted like Gordon Ramsey in the kitchen and spoke to your employees the way he does, best case scenario you'd end up paying unemployment tax out of your ass from all the people who quit and successfully claimed an unsafe work environment. They start receiving unemployment right away and you end up liable for a portion of it.

dubs wasted. knorr is as bad as erasco

>that's the joke

Of course he is a meme. He was never a true 3 star, and he sure as shit isn't now since he hasn't cooked a meal comerially in 15 years. He isthe bigggest joke im the culinary world, even worse than "let me tell you about my heroin addiction over scotch" bourdain.

>that happened

personally i am not a chef but i can't stand bourdaime because of that bullshit. "oh someone come rescue me from my 10 mil a year for shitting on brown people and going to 4 seasons"

alot of chefs and kitchen staff are actual addicts. and i do my very best to get every single one that asks for it help. but bourdain conmtemporizes the 90s aesthetic that heroin is chic, all while not being an obvious addict.

it really stews my goat.

Gordon Ramsay and Macro Pierre White went into two separate directions.

MPW realized the futility of looking for praise from people that knew less about food than he did. But, in order to maintain his lifestyle he comes out of his mansion every once in a while to shill Knorr products.

Gordon it would seem came to an understanding that the restaurant business was more a platform for him to sell his personality. He's made more money from television and cook books than he ever has as a restaurateur. The man shamelessly shills himself on the tv because he know it won't last forever and he has to make as much as he can now.

From what I've read, most french trained head chefs are perfectionists. They will shout at you and maybe even hit you if you don't follow their perfection properly.

Rookie cooks have called it literal hell where you suffer for 5 years until you can establish your own restaurant to yell at others.

>you lost a job, ruined a business and a marriage because machismo over your slut gf

good job jose the busboy. what are you doing now?

>even hit you

Who in the hell would not hit back? Are cooks such betas they would really accept that? If someone hits me, they will be in for a knock down drag out, I don't care what the circumstances, the status of the asshole or if I know I will lose. Pain will be felt by the offender.

Pierre also apparently despises the shit out of celebrity chefs. ESPECIALLY Ramsay because he was under Pierres wing.

I believe it's mostly jealousy because Ramsay is mainly recycling Pierre's routine and is a multimillionaire because of it. Pierre is such an old-fashioned man that he cannot bear seeing these cooking drama shows.

cool story!

Watch Kitchen Nightmares UK version and you'll get a sense of who the real person is.

He's a dick, but not a lunatic

>just do nothing while some fat fuck harasses your girlfriend
>literally being this much of a cuck

not even that guy but fuck you

Hes probably told to tone up the anger to appease american audience.

In uk shows, hes way less dramatic.

Nah, that's for TV.

Now what you do see among chefs and wannabe chefs is a high rate of alcohol and amphetamine abuse.

No shit. I definitely wouldn't stand for it.

Everything on tv is scripted. American shows are usually more dramatic because that's what gets them views.
Don't any of you "OBSESSED!" or whatever the fuck meme me either, I'm an American and even I know this shit.