Which foods did you hate as a kid and now love?

Which foods did you hate as a kid and now love?

Tomatoes.

none

Brussels sprouts, tomatoes, onions. Most vegetables. Still don't like peas, though.

Mushrooms
Onions
Cabbage
Olives
Lamb
Broccoli

Onions
Garlic
Olives
Brussels Sprouts

Foods that I hated then but also still hate now:
Beets
Lima beans

Semen

olives
liver (pork and chicken)
zucchini
eggplant

things i never stopped hating:
okra
coconut
anise
cinnamon
semolina

Brussel sprouts and squash

dick

dried grape
carrots..

and I recently discovered the wonder of nicely baked peas with paprika

olives
seafood
steak
mushroom

Olives seem like a big one in this thread which I find weird because I loved them as a kid
But usually at family get togethers they'd have a bowl of them on the snack table so I probably just got used to them

I used to not want to bother with bone in chicken but as an adult I realize it tastes so much better and is healthier so it is worth the extra work

>dried grapes

Never heard that one before. Where are you from?

Raisins, you fucking retard.

how is it healthier?

It's not common to refer to them as dried grapes. Which is why I asked where he was from.

Think before jumping on the opportunity to insult everyone.

Femaleposter, neck yourself.

I hope the courage grows in you to seek help, user

you named it already

I was about to say raisins because I'm french, but honestly I didn't find the right word. But hey, you both got what I mean so whatever..

You can taste them in the pain suisse, a glazed roll filled with creme patissiere

I think it's usually hated because it's mistaken with chocolate chunk, I don't know about where you live.
But in the end, it's even better than normal r a i s i n s !

You get more collagen which is good for joint health

Brussels sprouts, broccoli, sardines. Vegetables in general. My mother used to have to make mashed potatoes with zucchini and other hidden shit inside for me to consume them as a kid.
Now they're 80 percent of my diet.

I don't LOVE tomatoes, but my mom chased me around the house and under the bed with a tomato slice on a fork going "EAT IIIIIIT" which put me off of them for a while.

Not a food, specifically, but coconut flavor

thats not how that works

FOOD I LEARNED TO LOVE
>Brussels sprouts
>Raw Tomato
>Tuna Fish

FOOD I STILL HATE
>Beets
>Escargot
>Olives

I'm working on it man.

Keep in mind you don't have to love or even like every food.

What is it about food? It's the only part of our culture where the notion of being "picky" exists.

If you don't like onions on your burger it's like a crime. If you don't like playing golf, literally no one cares.

I think it has more to do with spoiled children. Your dad works all day, your mother uses the money to buy and prepare dinner for you, and you, being a sniveling little ingrate maggot, turn it away and whine about not liking it. Not you specifically obviously.

In adults it's less of a problem/issue. My big pet peeve is people who claim not to like something before ever having tried it. Drives me crazy.

>early 90s
>me about 8
>mom always made pizza on boboli crust every week
>take huge bite of pizza
>too much mozzarella on pizza
>choke on melted cheese
>mom yells at me to pull it out
>pull long ass string of melted cheese from my throat
>start crying
>swore i would never eat pizza again

hard boiled eggs

Hated, love now: spinach and brussel sprouts if not massively overcooked, okra, mustard greens, oranges, bread pudding

Still hate: broccoli, collards, yogurt, sun dried tomatoes, grapefruit

Loved as a child, ate too much and now don't like: sweet potatoes, squash, raisins

Growing up with a southern family that just boiled the shit out of perfectly decent fresh vegetables really affected a lot of my likes/dislikes.

I've never had a problem with most foods and/or vegetables as a child because mommy was a bomb ass cook, but when I was a kid I never liked runny eggs. Even now, runny eggs solely by themselves (shit like hollandaise is fine) bothers me, but I can still eat them. inb4 heresy. Something about slurping up runny embryo always bothered me.

I just hate when grown adult's palates haven't gone past age 7, and they brag about it like they've got refined taste for only eating buttered noodles. Or they brag about NOT liking something literally every grown person eats like fish, vegetables, etc.

I have met (wo)manchildren in their 60s who I had to listen to 10 minutes of how they would only eat 3 specific flavors of Knorr pasta mixes and how even macaroni and cheese was off the table. What the fuck man.

>runny eggs solely by themselves

Do you like it when its soaked into toast?

I don't think I've ever just eaten a plain runny egg, sounds kinda weird. If that's what you actually mean.

Yeah, on toast is perfectly fine because the crunchiness of the toast offsets the runny egg--It just bothers me to eat it plain. I think it's a textural issue. I've just never been a fan of the sliminess (which is ironic because other "slimy" foods such as okra don't bother me).

Asparagus, broccoli, green beans, spinach...pretty much any green vegetable. Turns out when most of them are properly seasoned and oven roasted and not fucking boiled to death (thanks mom) they're delicious, who'dve thought.

I'm pretty sure boiled food is 90% of what makes people not like/apprehensive about certain ingredients.

I boil and steam most of the time. It's fine as long as you take them out while they're still crunchy.

Damn, that is a perfectly cooked yolk. It seems like a lot of people conflate 'runny' yolks with 'raw' yolks and it's pretty off putting. I don't understand the desire to eat tepid, slimey mucous either. I guess people lean towards under-cooked because fully cooked yolks are so gross, and it's hard to get them to that perfectly gelatinous texture before they're cooked through.

That's what saute pans are for, not sauce pans.

Old retarded bitches (your mom) fucked that up for decades.

pretty much everything except for fast food

My dad thought that eating fish of any kind was gross, so I was scared away from ever giving it a chance. These days I enjoy seafood just as much as red meat.

If your dad was from a land-locked state/area, he was right.

Olives, mushrooms, spinach, hot sauce.

Onions and garlic, if those count as foods. Never got into them when I was younger, but now I cant cook without them.

Your mother's cunt.

He grew up in New York and we now live in North Carolina an hour or so from the beach.

Oh. Well... nevermind then.

That's pretty much the only "rule" i have for seafood: i gotta be within a reasonable distance to where it was caught. Being in Oklahoma though, that isn't usually possible

Water chestnuts

Pickles
Used to pick them out of hamburgers, now I like them in hamburgers and chicken sandwiches

Also provolone cheese, used to hate it now I love it. I still hate blue cheese though.

Jalapeños. Specifically pickled jalapeños, but I thought they all smelled like that. Then a friend made me some guac, and I didn't mind 'em. THEN I tried pizza with pickled jalapeños and pineapple chunks, and fell in love with those spicy bastards.

pretty much every vegetable
now I look forward to the veg more on a roast dinner than the meat tbqh

cilantro
eggplant
okra

Foods I liked as a kid but have grown to hate as an adult:
milk
sweet corn
mac & cheese

Mushrooms
Egg (especially scrambled eggs)
Lamb

That's hilarious.

cheese cake,
blue cheese
eggplant
cabbage

Peas, because mom insisted on buying canned ones, which are mushy and taste like crap. My first taste of mere frozen peas was a mind-opening experience.

Broccoli
Spinach
Lettuce
Banana peppers

I know that feeling. Still love meat, but never pass up the veg. With summer getting here I've been eating grilled veg 5+ nights a week.

Mushrooms, pistacios, olives, and coconut.

I still don't like most seafood, as a kid I really liked lobster but now I avoid it.