Are smoothies a good way of getting your daily recommended amount of fruit?

Are smoothies a good way of getting your daily recommended amount of fruit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X9GZxsfZ0LY
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0891584908007454
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17213230
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I remember someone posting an article on Veeky Forums that explained taking in dairy and fruit at the same time somehow affected the availability of the nutrients.

Sorry, it's been a while and I don't remember the source or even what the proof/reasoning was.

Jesus Christ, no. That's way too much fucking sugar.

It's fruit.

daily fruit ???

they are a great way to get your daily vegetables, which is what you should be aiming for

Sounds like bro science. How cool would it be if you could eat a cake wrapped in lettuce, and the body couldn't properly process the cake and just shit it out without any ill effects?
bodies don't work that way

What if you substitute juice for the dairy?

As a medfag I can tell you the calcium and other minerals in milk and even mineral water does affect the active substance of anti-biotics negatively among others. Not aware of any effects on fucking bananas and strawberries though. Pic related

>Sounds like bro science.

Certain vitamins and nutrients can impede the uptake of others through uptake absorption. Likewise, taking certain vitamins/minerals/nutrients at the same time can actually increase the uptake of the other.

Yes. I bought a blender 2 years ago and haven't looked back, I use it pretty much every day

It's just blended fruit, unless you add sugar or sugary juice. It seems like a laggy thing to buy, but unsweetened Almond Breeze is the ultimate smoothie base.

1 banana + frozen blueberries + frozen peaches + 1 scoop protein powder + almond milk = my breakfast every day

>banana

ruined

>frozen fruit
Youre disgusting

>1 scoop
Make that four scoops, come on.

You're a faggot

Yes. I love the flavor of most fruit, but can't stand the texture. A blender completely solved my problem.

I do it 4-6 days a week.

I easily get my daily.

Lots of sugar and maybe a little fiber VS fats, protein, and a little sugar

Needing to eat fruit is a myth.

Just get a juicer:

youtube.com/watch?v=X9GZxsfZ0LY

You crazy? Juice is just liquid sugar with half the nutrients gone.
Might as well drink soda.

Yep they are great. Don't add meme yogurt or dairy. Just 100% frozen fruit (freeze your bananas!) and water.

I get big ass bags of frozen blueberries and strawberries at costco and make my own frozen banana chips (slice 1/3 inch, coat in lemon juice and freeze in a single even layer inside a ziploc bag)

>I didn't watch the video but am going to comment anyway

Store bought juice is mostly sugar. If you had watched the video, you'd see that all of the nutrients within the fruit/vegetable put into the juicer are retained.

Last time I added water to a smoothie the consistency was kinda thick and liquidy.
Did I do something wrong?

skip fruit, munch on cabbage. fruit has got too much sugar in it.

did you use a frozen banana? the texture is VERY dependent on frozen banana

all fruit must be frozen

I usually use fresh bananas with milk but those usually turn out fine.
Guess I'll give that a try sometime.

The blades will cut the vitamins apart, and make them useless nutritionwise. You have to handle fruit with respect

>I don't understand biology so anything that sounds strange to me must be "bro science"

Idiots. Literally all you have to do is spend 3 seconds googling this stuff and you can avoid sounding like morons.

>sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0891584908007454
>The ingestion of blueberries in association with milk impairs the in vivo antioxidant properties of blueberries and reduces the absorption of caffeic acid.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17213230
>Milk counteracts the favourable health effects of tea on vascular function.

Don't let this "bro science" keep you from drinking milk, though.